“Relaxing, Boutique Hotel.”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Relaxing, Boutique Hotel.”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Wanted to get away from the kids for a few nights and decided to stay at the Ellis. Couldn't find the valet entrance so we drove around a couple of times before realizing that the street was closed off because of road construction, the bellman ran to the end the street to get us and assist, that was a very nice touch.
Everyone, including the valet, bellman, bartender, and front desk associates, were very nice and accommodating. We were put on the opposite side of the hotel to block out the noise, which it did.
The only disappointment, (if you can call it that), was that the room was very small, but very clean, and the bed was comfortable.
We can't wait to go back when we need another break from the kids, (should be any time now).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Hello and thank you for your recent stay with us-I'm so excited to hear you had a relaxing stay away from the kids and enjoyed yourself-every parent deserves a little break:) Thank you so much for the kind words about the associates and we hope to see you again in the near future!
Olya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Finnish first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Arrived late at hotel. The lobby is nicely decorated but was greeted with attitude from the desk clerk. Asked about someplace near the hotel to grab a bite to eat and did not know of any place open at 1:00AM. I found that very odd for someone that is working the night shift.

The room was clean but odd layout with no room for 2 people to open two carry-on suitcases. The coffee maker does not work well and the housekeeping staff did not replace the tea.

Be careful with the room keys as they deactivated each time we left the room, had to have them replaced at least once in the two day period.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Good Afternoon, Thank you for your recent stay with us. First of, please accept my apologies for the associate you encountered at check-in. I will personally make sure our overnight staff know what eateries to suggest afterhours. I'm glad you enjoyed the cleanliness of your room and apologize the housekeepers didn't refill your tea and there was an issue withe your keys. I hope you visit us again some time soon to find all of the above missed details corrected.
TN
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This visit was for our anniversary. The Ellis was very fashionable. The room was a little small, but the bed, linens, and shower were all great! I loved the modern feel of the decor. We ate at the on-site restaurant and enjoyed several cocktails. There were things to do in the area, but not much within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Good Afternoon, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and your meal at the restaurant last year-it sounds like it's time for another visit:)-we are looking forward to have you as a guest again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

The hotel was unclean, loud, abd service was poor. Despite the great location, this hotel isn't worth staying at. The walls were paper thin, volume on remote was broke, thermostat was broken and my $25 breakfast came with a piece of toast. It is extremely over priced for what your getting. Other hotels around tbd area are better.

• Stayed March 2013
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Good Afternoon, I was quite distressed to read that you had such a poor experience here at the Ellis Hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize, as that was not the way we typically take care of our guests. I would like to have a chance to rebuild your trust in our hotel and invite you back to enjoy a complimentary one night stay. Please contact me directly to discuss.
Olya Rostova
Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I stayed at the Ellis early march on a business trip. Location is good, rooms are great- especially the bathroom.
Only complaint from a business traveller perspective is that breakfast only starts at 7 and takes a while to get going. The breakfast staff were really helpful but I think the breakfast experience could be made "Sharper" as time is always tight in the morning. If i was using the hotel for a holiday it would have been no sweat.

Nonetheless, a good find.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TopFrog
Dear TopFrog, thank you for your recent stay with us-I'm glad you enjoyed the location, our rooms and staff. I apologize your breakfast experience wasn't sharp enough-our Terrace Bistro is a new addition to the hotel but are off to a great start and will be sharp before we know it:) We hope to see you next time you're in Atlanta, whether on business or leisure.
Southern Pines, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I stayed here for a night about two weeks ago, and I was very impressed with the customer service right off the bat. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room, while small, was very well laid out and felt much larger than it was. I loved the shower and the amount of counter space in the bathroom. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear GBE_in_NC,
It was our true pleasure to have you as a guest and we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return to Atlanta and hope to see you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Booked this hotel to get my wife out of the house have a good meal and get some piece and quiet. All happened but the latter.
First I would like say the rooms are small but updated and clean, very comfortable bed, and a decent size bathroom with shower only. The hotel is small so the bar, lobby and restaurant are small. The staff was ok with the exception of the bellman who was great and should be given a managers position for his courtesey and professionalism.
Now the bad... and I will say it is not all the hotels fault. They are doing street construction outside and have laid down metal plates. Everytime a car goes over it it sounds like 2 gunshots. We were on the 8th floor and it sounded like it was just outside. if i had been on a lower floor I would have asked for my money back.The HVAC system is very loud so I turned it to auto(big mistake as it at least is loud white noise and may have masked other noise) Besides the construction and the cab driver fight at 4 am the plumbing was very loud. Everytime a toilet flushed around us it woke us up. Also the shower which has a nice shower head and pressure leaked out on the bath floor and in gallons (bad door seal). Like I said nice hotel with some noise issues. The windows should have more noise proofing.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the front side of the building until street constuction is complete. Keep the HAVC sy...