“Met and exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ellis Hotel

Ellis Hotel
Ranked #43 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dublin, Ohio
“Met and exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Was in town to attend a concert at the Rialto which is just around the corner. We got in to Atlanta early and there was nothing to do on a Sunday morning so my wife and I faced the prospect of sitting in our rental car doing nothing. I chanced going to the counter person and explained our situation and she found an empty room and, voila, problem solved. The valets were extremely courteous and helpful without being annoying. The room wasn't huge but it had every necessity. I had heard some complaints about construction noise but, if there was any, it did not disturb my sleep. All in all, I was very impressed, the price was right and the trip was perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I'm glad we could accommodate early check-in for you-we do our best to try and avoid any waiting for our guests. I hope you enjoyed the concert at the Rialto.
Olya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed over the night before a race and just fell in love with the Ellis. The romatic feel of an old hotel, beautifully fused with a modern redo was just what we wanted. Love, love, love it- and will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Good afternoon,
Thank you for sharing with the Tripadvisor community that you enjoyed how well the history and the modern decor blend at the Ellis hotel. We hope thatyou come back in the nearest future!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

The food was great and very nicely prepared. I was seated and before I knew it my meal was there! The meal matched the wonderful service from my server Helena who kept a smile on her face equaling one on mines! Very nice and comfortable atmosphere ! I'll definitely recommend you stop by if your in downtown Atlanta!

• Stayed October 2013
Hello,
Thank you for dining in Terrace Bistro-I will definitely share your kind words with Helena.
We hope to see you again soon.
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Great Hotel and Staff. All were very helpful but Tim in the lounge and Nickole at the front desk were awesome. The food was also very good. I would recommended this place. The value for the price was great and easy to walk to several places.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Good Afternoon,
I was ecstatic to read your comments about Tim and Nickole and so were they. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the nearest future.
Turner, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Loved The Ellis. The staff was professional, courteous, friendly and helpful. We were greeted each time we returned to the hotel. We arrived around noon, but our room was available and we were checked in quickly. Our corner room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is wonderful, including made to order omelettes. A nice location in downtown, easy walk to the aquarium, CNN, Coca-Cola, restaurants. We had a rental car, but the Marta was just across the street.

Room Tip: The premium king was a corner room with a view of the city.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us! I'm glad we were able to accommodate an early check in for you and that you found yor room comfortable and staff friendly. We hope that you choose to stay with us again during your next trip to Atlanta.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Our family stayed here only for one night for my husband's business travel. Our children were welcomed and taken care of as well as my husband and I. Helena and Hewan in the restaurant made them warm chocolate milk to enjoy in the cool evening as we sat outside. Overall, very hospitable!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Good Afternoon,
I was delighted to hear that you and your family had an anjoyable time at Terrace Bistro. Thank you very much for your business and we hope to have you back again soon.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is our first stay at the Ellis Hotel. We were nicely greeted when we pulled up and everyone here is very nice. The airconditioner is has an awesome "hum" which we love. The beds are heavenly. It's a smaller hotel with a cozy feel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I couldn't agree more-our beds are to die for! I'm glad you enjoyed the warmth of the Ellis. We hope to have you back again soon.