“Great value”

The Ellis Hotel
Ranked #47 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Great location, great restaurant, rooms clean. The only small criticism I have is the tiny lobby and it's decor. Even with the street construction outside, the staff made everything easy - getting my car, giving directions, and so friendly

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janet D
Olya R, Front Office Manager at The Ellis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Hello Janet D,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was glad to hear you were well taken care of during your stay and that you found our hotel clean and comfortable.
We hope to have you as a guest again soon.
Olya

Write a ReviewReviews (1,457)

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed here for business I was doing at the GWCC, and it was perfect for any dinner functions going on downtown, and an easy walk to the GWCC. Staff was excellent, and I felt their efforts and kindness were genuine without seeming like it was an effort to be courteous. Bed was one of the most comfortable I've had in a long time. Only thing that kept me from giving a 5 is there needs to be better sound proofing from traffic noise and hallway noise. But would still recommend to anyone wanting a good downtown location without the usual chain hotel deals.

Room Tip: Away from elevators and high floor numbers to reduce noise

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Tripadvisor community. I was glad to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and the convenience of the location. We hope to have you as a guest again soon next time you visit Atlanta, whether for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is our second stay at The Ellis . We were treated like returning royalty . Their customer service is unsurpassed . We included the breakfast buffet this time. Ernest makes the most delicious omelets we've had in the city and I can name you a lot of places we've been to .This hotel is the best !!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Olya R, Front Office Manager at The Ellis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Diane N,
Thank you so much for your loyalty-we appreciate your business. It was a pleasure having you back and we certainly hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Ellis for a week on business.
The Ellis is a small hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Tim the bartender is fabulous.
The rooms are comfortable. Bed is good.
The wifi sucks.
Close to the Marta if you are traveling to and from the airport. Walking distance to the convention centre.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Stan C,
Thank you for taking the time to write the review-I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the nearest future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Ellis hotel in Atlanta during a trade show. Overall it was a very good visit. Front desk clerk, Nickole was very welcoming and informative. My room was small, but clean and very comfortable. I ate several meals in the restaurant and all were good. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance. My room faced the main street and the occasional horn blowing or loud motorcycle was disturbing. The elevator is very small and a few times I had to wait several minutes for one.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the main street
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Olya R, Front Office Manager at The Ellis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Hello, thank you for mentioning how Nickole was able to take care of you. I can't wait to share your review with her. I'm sorry you found the city noise disturbing-next time we can put you in a room on the back side of the hotel so that you can enjoy a truly relaxing experience.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is my second visit to the Ellis Hotel, because of business, and was an easy choice because of the hospitality. Here again for a conference, and truly the hospitality and team at the Ellis make every guest feel like they are important. You are greeted everyday by a staff member with a positive attitude, and a willingness to make your stay comfortable. The room had a comfortable bed, and was well laid out. Walking distance from the Georgia Conference Center, it offered me refuge from the conference, and was easy to brag about to other conference visitors.

Room Tip: Both times I stayed on the west side of the hotel, and I would recommend you ask for the east side i...

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your loyalty and for such kind words-it was a true pleasure to have you as a guest. We hope to see you again next year.
Olya and the entire Front Desk team

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Was in town to attend a concert at the Rialto which is just around the corner. We got in to Atlanta early and there was nothing to do on a Sunday morning so my wife and I faced the prospect of sitting in our rental car doing nothing. I chanced going to the counter person and explained our situation and she found an empty room and, voila, problem solved. The valets were extremely courteous and helpful without being annoying. The room wasn't huge but it had every necessity. I had heard some complaints about construction noise but, if there was any, it did not disturb my sleep. All in all, I was very impressed, the price was right and the trip was perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I'm glad we could accommodate early check-in for you-we do our best to try and avoid any waiting for our guests. I hope you enjoyed the concert at the Rialto.