The Ellis Hotel
US$156
US$136
Doubletree.com
1,530 results
All reviewsboutique hotelfront deskgreat boutiquesmall hotelpeachtree streetstreet noiseheart of downtownchain hotelsmarta stationwithin walking distancecorner roomvalet serviceroom servicevalet parkingbusiness tripworld of coca colakey card
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I am very careful and meticulous about booking hotels of my choice. I read reviews about this property and was convinced that I would make the right decision. And I did. From the airport, took the train (took about 20 minutes, no transfers). From the Peachtree Center Station, it's not too far, in fact, it's just above the station and you realize it only as step onto Ellis Street. The staff are alright, friendly, but can seem frazzled and preoccupied sometimes. But they attend to you nonetheless. Breakfast (buffet style) is also good. The amenities I found are actually better than the usual ones (the brand is not known to me though but it says its from London/England but the stuff are made in China).
The hallways are quite narrow, but then again, it is not a big hotel chain. The room is not as spacious as well, but it makes up somehow with the fixtures, cleanliness. There are only two elevators serving the entire hotel, so can be slow certain times of the day. Overall the place is nonetheless cozy, with modern design and furniture.
One drawback is that when I first entered my room, I noticed that the carpet was not clean and needed vacuuming. Of course they cleaned up, but, there was still this lapse present.
Location is great - very near good restaurants. It's also about a block and a half to the Atlanta Tourist Information kiosk. CNN and GWCC is about 15 minutes away on foot, the Olympic Park is of course nearer, World of Coke is also about 15 minutes away by foot.

Room Tip: Do request for a room facing the front of the hotel to have a good view (higher floors the best).
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Olya R, Front Office Manager at The Ellis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Good Afternoon,
Thank you very much for posting such an informative review-we value all feedback very much. It helps us to know of the areas that need improvement. I apologize that they carper in your room didn't look completely clean. I am glad to hear we were able to take care of that issue. Thank you again for your business and we hope to have you again as a guest in the nearest future.
Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here overnight after a 10-hour drive (and before another 10-hour drive). We were tired and grumpy, but Nickole at the front desk and Chauncey the bellman refreshed our mood right away with terrific service with a smile. We had a king room on the back-side of hotel. It was small (perfect for business traveler, but sort of small for a couple carrying luggage for several weeks), but tasteful and had everything we needed. Bed was top notch. We had a drink in the downstairs bar, which was more than half full. Bartender Tim still found the time to talk beer with us and swap stories about family. Re-energized by the fun we had with Nickole, Chauncey and Tim, we decided to explore just a bit outside the hotel on this freezing night (20 degrees...and we had no coats or socks). At Chauncey's suggestion (which saved this wife from another sports bar -- thanks again, Chauncey), we went a few doors down to Juke Joint, where there was a small jazz band playing. It was a Tuesday night and place was more than half full. Rae, a remarkably efficient bartender, made stirred up some excellent drinks and Blaine (sp?)regaled us with Atlanta stories. Slept like babies...and in the morning, Chauncey saw us on our way...giving that travel day another start. We usually don't remember the names of people who work in hotels or restaurants...but the service here was so spectacular, they were hard to forget. Thumbs up!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have no view...only an alley. For us, this was just an overnight, so it was fine. Worth cost saving.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon-
Thank you so much for the kind words about our staff-we were all delighted to read your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that we can see you again soon.
Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 8 November 2013

From the time that you are greeted curbside by Calvin or one of the other attentive bell staff, to the fron desk staff or bar or restaurant staff, you will not recieve better, more friendly service anywhere. This boutique hotel is a far cry from the rubber stamp service that you receive at a big name hotel. "Happy 1/2 Hour" at the bar from 5:30 - 6:00 p.m. serves $1.00 glasses of wine, $5.00 mixed drinks and complementary apps. The rooms are clean and user friendly and the beds are comfortable and give you a great nights sleep. The morning room service was right on time and the Sunday Breakfast is outstanding. If you want to be treated like royalty, this is the place to go! We recommend it to all of our friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon,
I was happy to read that our staff made you feel like royalty-I have shared your comments with our staff. Thank you very much for your feedback-we certainly hope that you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Great location, great restaurant, rooms clean. The only small criticism I have is the tiny lobby and it's decor. Even with the street construction outside, the staff made everything easy - getting my car, giving directions, and so friendly

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janet D

Hello Janet D,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was glad to hear you were well taken care of during your stay and that you found our hotel clean and comfortable.
We hope to have you as a guest again soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed here for business I was doing at the GWCC, and it was perfect for any dinner functions going on downtown, and an easy walk to the GWCC. Staff was excellent, and I felt their efforts and kindness were genuine without seeming like it was an effort to be courteous. Bed was one of the most comfortable I've had in a long time. Only thing that kept me from giving a 5 is there needs to be better sound proofing from traffic noise and hallway noise. But would still recommend to anyone wanting a good downtown location without the usual chain hotel deals.

Room Tip: Away from elevators and high floor numbers to reduce noise
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Tripadvisor community. I was glad to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and the convenience of the location. We hope to have you as a guest again soon next time you visit Atlanta, whether for business or pleasure.