The Ellis Hotel
US$509
US$467
Travelocity
1,539 results
All reviewsboutique hotelfront deskgreat boutiquesmall hotelpeachtree streetstreet noiseheart of downtownchain hotelsmarta stationwithin walking distancecorner roomvalet serviceroom servicevalet parkingbusiness tripworld of coca colakey card
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Yes, I said it. My fiancé and I checked out at 11:45 AM went to grab lunch and realized I left my iPOD on the window-sill. I called at 1:45PM while I was en-route back to the hotel and gave the exact location of my iPOD. The room had already been serviced by housekeeping and the manager of housekeeping claims "NO ONE SAW IT" the most annoying thing in the world is to have something stolen from you especially when you knew it's exact location. The police were called and the housekeeper who serviced the room had "coincidentally" been sent home for the day. This experience at this hotel WILL NEVR let me rest. The staff has no integrity.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ASmith413
Richard K, General Manager at The Ellis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

I am terribly sorry you feel this way and I am sorry that you left, lost or misplaced this item. Hopefully it will turn up for you. I feel that our Housekeeping Department is very honest, daily turning in many items that guests leave behind. I have also questioned both associates involved with the cleaning of your room after your checkout and both individuals told me there was nothing left or found in the room you had occupied. I must also let you know that we have not had an issue such as yours since the two years that I have been the General Manager at The Ellis Hotel. Again, I am sorry that you were not able to locate your i Pod.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

All the staff were friendly,hospitable and helpful ,totally enjoyed the stay.
The omelettes are awesome Earnest.The Valet service guys are on the ball and regardless of the weather conditions the wait was never to long.

Thanks Brenette and Team.

Peter B

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Olya R, Front Office Manager at The Ellis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. I was glad to hear you enjoyed the service you received, as well as Earnest's omelettes:) Have a great Holiday Season.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I had one of the most awesome experience ever at The Ellis. Nickole B took thorough care of my reservation and was excellent with her service while visiting Atlanta. I will not stay at another hotel as long as Nickole B takes care of me at the Ellis Hotel in downtown Atlanta. Its lovated right next to Sweet Georgia Juke, where iI had a blast, great music and food, food a little overpriced, but the atmosphere was awesome.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello and Happy Holidays,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for the kind words about Nickole. I can't wait to share this with her. We hope that you visit us again in the nearest future.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed at the Ellis on a recent business trip and this is an establishment where every employee I encountered gave me an impression they were co-owners of the place. My room was outstanding (one glitch with shower doors that did not completely close and seal properly), the front desk and valet service was swift and friendly, and bartender Tim is a classic engaging southern lad who is a wealth of information and conversation. The food from the dining room is first class as well. To get a feel for Atlanta from a hotel stay, this is the place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for you recent stay with us and for the kind words about the staff and the hotel. It was an honor to hear that you could get a feel of Atlanta by staying at the Ellis-thank you!
We hope that you choose to stay with us again when you visit Atlanta next.
Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I went to this hotel by mistake because I had booked somewhere else but never confirmed my reservation with booking dot com. Nikole, at the front desk greeted me with concern and a smile and quickly assisted me. She fortunately had a room for us and gave us a very reasonable price on the spot. Our room was so beautiful with white bedding and black marble countertop in the bathroom. It was modern, chic and smelled wonderful. The other staff was also very friendly and helpful and took care of us whenever we needed something. I was pleasantly surprised and will definitely come here again (on purpose next time)!!!

Room Tip: Corner suite 1003 is quite roomy
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hello and Happy Holidays!
I'm glad you dicovered the Ellis hotel for yourself! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and thank you for sharing your experience with those who're yet to discover us.