“Location, Location, Location”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Madison, Alabama
“Location, Location, Location”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Close to CNN, Coca Cola,Georgia Aquarium, Hard Rock Cafe, mall and so much more. My husband and I spent a night at the Ellis Hotel in Atlanta for our anniversary. It is a small, quaint boutique Hotel in the heart of downtown Atlanta on Peachtree Street. The bed was nice and comfortable, The chair and lampshade were showing wear but overall the room was fine. The only complaint is that we had a view of the AC system on the roof. (We were in Room 1602.) My husband complained about the noise of the AC unit. It did not bother me. I sounded a lot like "white noise" which put me to sleep. This is a good place to stay for under $100 in a great location. FYI, use the Hotel valet. The cost is $25 for 24 hours with unlimited in/outs. There is a parking deck 1 block away which charges $16 for 24 hours but you will be charged every time you re-enter. They do not have a swimming pool but they do offer complementary passes for a gym 1 block away.

Room Tip: Take a room on the highest level to get a great view of the city landscape.
Green Features: They did suggest reusing towels to conserve water.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Good Afternoon,
I'm glad you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and the convenience of the location. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you on another occasion soon.
Sincerelt,
Olya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Finnish first
District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I am staying at this hotel for the first time. The location is great as it is right on Peachtree Street right next to the Peachtree Marta Station. There are many places in walking distance as far as tourist attractions and great places to eat.

The staff is very nice. The hotel rooms are nice. Could use a few touchups, but in general really nice. The gym is small and has the standard equipment. It will get the job done.

I did have a few issues during my stay. I went to the restaurant for breakfast, I had to look around for the hostess. She was busy in the mirror adjusting her headband on her head. While she continued to primp herself up, she looked at me and said yes? I told her that I would like to have breakfast, but wasn't interested in the buffet. I asked if I could order from the menu. She came over and handed me a menu and then walked away. She didn't seat me or anything. I felt that she was very rude, so I just left the menu on the hostess stand and went somewhere else to eat. That was unfortunate as I have heard the food in the restaurant is very good.

On the 2nd day of my stay, I left my room around 7:30 am. I came back at 4 and it had not been cleaned. I called down to the front desk as I was just going to tell them I just needed fresh towel. The front desk person said that housekeeping was still cleaning rooms and they would be to my room shortly. They never came.

These two experiences were irritating, yet I like the hotel and location enough to try it again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 777zba
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the valuable feedback. I truly apologize for the treatment you received at the restaurant-this is certainly not how we run business and I regret that we weren't able to show you what the experience at Terrace Bistro is normally like. I also apologize that your room had not been serviced when you requested.
I certaily hope we can have another opportunity to impress you in the future. Please contact me directly next time you're in Atlanta and I will make sure your stay is excellent.
Olya Rostova
678-651-2860
Owatonna, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 December 2013

While enjoying libations in the hotel bar, our server, Tim, was a wealth of information. Not only regarding establishments in the downtown area, but attractions throughout the greater Atlanta area. We were hoping to revisit the Underground for nostalgic purposes, but he saved us the trouble since it no longer what it used to be. Thanks Tim, we appreciated your advice and enjoyed your company.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Goor Afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the kind words about Tim. I will certainly share this with him. We hope to have you back as our guest next time you visit Atlanta.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Very slow internet, so slow it is nearly unusable. It was noisy due to thin walls and even nosier cooling/heating systems. Parking is very expensive but on par with the area as a whole. Many places to drink and eat close by. The breakfast was average. There are better alternatives near by.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Good Afternoon,
Thank you very much for your feedback. I would like to inform you that we have just recently increased our internet bandwidth and are still working on resolving some glitches. I certainly hope you consider staying with us again, as this problem will be resolved in no time.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Yes, I said it. My fiancé and I checked out at 11:45 AM went to grab lunch and realized I left my iPOD on the window-sill. I called at 1:45PM while I was en-route back to the hotel and gave the exact location of my iPOD. The room had already been serviced by housekeeping and the manager of housekeeping claims "NO ONE SAW IT" the most annoying thing in the world is to have something stolen from you especially when you knew it's exact location. The police were called and the housekeeper who serviced the room had "coincidentally" been sent home for the day. This experience at this hotel WILL NEVR let me rest. The staff has no integrity.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ASmith413
Richard K, General Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
I am terribly sorry you feel this way and I am sorry that you left, lost or misplaced this item. Hopefully it will turn up for you. I feel that our Housekeeping Department is very honest, daily turning in many items that guests leave behind. I have also questioned both associates involved with the cleaning of your room after your checkout and both individuals told me there was nothing left or found in the room you had occupied. I must also let you know that we have not had an issue such as yours since the two years that I have been the General Manager at The Ellis Hotel. Again, I am sorry that you were not able to locate your i Pod.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 November 2013

All the staff were friendly,hospitable and helpful ,totally enjoyed the stay.
The omelettes are awesome Earnest.The Valet service guys are on the ball and regardless of the weather conditions the wait was never to long.

Thanks Brenette and Team.

Peter B

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. I was glad to hear you enjoyed the service you received, as well as Earnest's omelettes:) Have a great Holiday Season.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I had one of the most awesome experience ever at The Ellis. Nickole B took thorough care of my reservation and was excellent with her service while visiting Atlanta. I will not stay at another hotel as long as Nickole B takes care of me at the Ellis Hotel in downtown Atlanta. Its lovated right next to Sweet Georgia Juke, where iI had a blast, great music and food, food a little overpriced, but the atmosphere was awesome.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello and Happy Holidays,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for the kind words about Nickole. I can't wait to share this with her. We hope that you visit us again in the nearest future.