“Nice Boutique Hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Arizona
“Nice Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Spent four nights in January at the Ellis while on a business trip. Staff was very friendly and helpful. While the building is historic the room was surprisingly modern in furnishings and style – TV has HD channels and Wi-Fi performed fairly well. The room was clean for the most part except for a pill and hair tie the previous guest left for me on the night stand – file under housekeeping failure. If you’re a lite sleeper you’ll definitely want to ask for a higher floor away from the front street intersection. The hotel is conveniently located next to the Peachtree Marta station ($2.50 from airport) and most downtown Atlanta attractions. However there are limited dining options in the evening so plan ahead – the area becomes a ghost-town at night and would be wary of walking alone. Overall my stay was good for the most part and would consider staying again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Finnish first
Ashland, Ohio
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I spent three nights at the Ellis. I thought the staff were very accomadating. The front desk clerk named Nicholle went out of her way to make sure I had a taxi to and from the training facility i went to each day during my visit and was warm and kind each and every time i sought her for assistance.My room was clen and comfortable. The food in the restaurant was excellent. Thanks Again to the staff for my great visit to the Ellis.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Hello,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the kind words about Nickole. I was glad ot hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you back again next time you're in Atlanta.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I was in Atlanta to work the Gift show, I stayed at the Ellis for 10 days. It is not cheap, but is very close to everything. Rooms are average, bedding is good, comfortable. Staff are friendly.
Rooms are small, have been updated but are not luxury. I was able to get an early check in. No fridge in the room is a shame. Water is available in the room, but it is $2.00 a bottle. I Eat in the lobby restaurant one night, it was good, but pricy.

Good Afternoon,
Thak you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do offer refrigerators upon request-we will be glad to deliver one for your next stay.
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I had to make a quick trip to Atlanta for business and called the Ellis on a friends recommendation.

From my call to make a reservation to checking in, the service has been outstanding. And even better, the rates are very reasonable. Rooms are large, clean and lots of light in them.

Now I had also heard that the lobby bar and bartender are fabulous. And the bar is very nondescript but the bar tender is excellent.

This will be my hotel in Atlanta in the future -- great service and a good bar, what more do you need!!

Room Tip: higher up gets you away from the Peachtree noise. Corner rooms have windows on two sides.
1 Thank dennis m
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Good Afternoon,
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for sharing you experience. I was glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the service you received at the bar-I can't wait to share your words with the bartender. We hope to see you again next time you're in Atlanta.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 January 2014

It was my birthday and first time in Atlanta so I wanted to make it memorable. My girlfriend and I decided on making The Ellis our place of stay. Our check in time was 4pm, but got their at 10am and ask for an early check in, they said they'll have a room ready for us asap and 45 mins later they did. That was awesome of them. PROS: In midtown within driving distance to many popular landmarks, we had the basic room because we planned on being out the whole time. The room was pretty small, but the pillowtop bed made up for it. Bed was huge and felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. Great!! The entire staff was polite and respectful. Everyone had a smile on their face and said hello as we passed them. Hotel is fairly clean and not noisy. CONS: Parking... Either you pay every time you leave and re-enter the nearby garage or you get valet parking. Valet service was very slow when it came to getting our car, I mean 20 plus minute after calling for it, but the hotel front desk staff apologized on their behalf. Construction was heavy in that area which caused us to take multiple detours to get to the hotel, not fun. Lastly a male housekeeper stormed into our room after one knock, didn't give us anytime to answer at all. Other than that our stay was great and the city is amazing... Would definitely stay at the Ellis hotel if and when we visit Atlanta again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Daniel C
Good Afternoon,
Thank you very much for your feedback. Although I was excited to read all the positive comments, I would like to apologize to you for the hosekeeper who did not wait for you to answer the door before entering. This is certainly not how we normally enter guestrooms, and I assure you that we will provide additional training to the housekeeping employees to make sure everyone knows how valuable our guests' privacy is. Thank you for the kind words about the hotel and I was glad we were able to be a part of this special occasion.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The Hotel it self was very modern. The room was very small but it was just me and my boyfriend so I can not complain much but, the bed was one of the best I have ever slept on! The front desk staff was very polite and helpful. My only cons about staying here was we had to drive around the hotel about 5 times because first the bad construction going on and traffic we couldn't find the sign and then when we finally realized were the parking lot was we had to drive around again because the garage is behind the building. Another bad thing was the valet was $25 per day but every-time we called for our car in advanced it took about 20 minutes for them to get our car. Lastly the bad thing was when we first got there while I was dressed and my boyfriend was sleeping housekeeping walked in on us. Front desk was very nice and the hotel was nicely decorated I believe I would maybe stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello and thank you for sharing your experience with theTripadvisor community. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and the service we provided. I do apologize for the delay you experienced while getting you car. I would also like to apologize that a housekeeper walked in without proper notification. This is certainly not how we normally enter guestrooms, and I assure you that we will provide additional training to the housekeeping employees to make sure everyone knows how valuable our guests' privacy is.
Thank you again for the feedback, and we hope to see you again next time you visit Atlanta.
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The Ellis is a very comfortable hotel with a home-like feeling. The entire staff is friendly and welcoming. If traveling without a car, the convenience to Marta, directly across the street makes getting to and from the airport extremely easy. It is a perfect choice for a quiet stay in a busy city.

Room Tip: upper floors are extremely quiet--no street noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple