“Great Value for an Amazing Location/Hotel”
Review of Ellis Hotel

Ellis Hotel
Ranked #42 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great Value for an Amazing Location/Hotel”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We had a great experience at The Ellis! I would definitely recommend this hotel to any family/friends. Beautiful rooms, perfect location - right next to the MARTA. This hotel was so convenient to area attractions, restaurants/bars & beautifully decorated! Rooms were clean and beds extremely comfortable!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Raechel,
Thank you for your stay with us back in February and for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. We hope to have you as a guest again in the nearest future.
Olya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Finnish first
New York City
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The Ellis Hotel, downtown Atlanta is an intimate, friendly, newly renovated gem of a place.
Great restaurant specializing in locally farmed foods with a simple yet varied menu.
Welcoming staff, daily happy hour and great all around service. I'll be back.

Green Features: Incredibly accommodating during the second big ice storm. We had no idea if and when we'd be able to check out. They were so laid back and were flexible toward my schedule.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RulaNYC
Lindenhurst, New York, United States
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The room was a small gem in the heart of Atlanta's downtown. Immaculately clean and nicely decorated the room was comfortable and chic. The pillows were the best part! So comfy. The staff was extremely polite as well as being pleasant and helpful. The bartenders were a lot of fun and we spent a wonderful hour there having cocktails and shooting the breeze. The breakfast buffet was also nicely done and the food was excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The staff at Ellis Hotel were fantastic and I am looking forward to visiting again next time I am in Atlanta. The room was comfortable and I had a great sleep. It was a very enjoyable stay and I highly recommend them.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have stayed at Ellis on all my business trips since 2010. I have always been a great fan of Ellis Hotel as it is has in the past been a cosy small boutique place with great service and fantastic staff. Location has always been superb. But then what has happened to Ellis?

My last stay in January was far from great. The staff was average, they have moved the restaurant to the bar area, my room had no view (I could only see a brick wall) and the cleaning of the room was a bit random. I was a big disappointment and I did not feel welcome at all. I guess it is time for me to move on and find a different hotel in Atlanta for my next visit.

Arizona
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Spent four nights in January at the Ellis while on a business trip. Staff was very friendly and helpful. While the building is historic the room was surprisingly modern in furnishings and style – TV has HD channels and Wi-Fi performed fairly well. The room was clean for the most part except for a pill and hair tie the previous guest left for me on the night stand – file under housekeeping failure. If you’re a lite sleeper you’ll definitely want to ask for a higher floor away from the front street intersection. The hotel is conveniently located next to the Peachtree Marta station ($2.50 from airport) and most downtown Atlanta attractions. However there are limited dining options in the evening so plan ahead – the area becomes a ghost-town at night and would be wary of walking alone. Overall my stay was good for the most part and would consider staying again.

Ashland, Ohio
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I spent three nights at the Ellis. I thought the staff were very accomadating. The front desk clerk named Nicholle went out of her way to make sure I had a taxi to and from the training facility i went to each day during my visit and was warm and kind each and every time i sought her for assistance.My room was clen and comfortable. The food in the restaurant was excellent. Thanks Again to the staff for my great visit to the Ellis.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Hello,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the kind words about Nickole. I was glad ot hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you back again next time you're in Atlanta.
Olya