“Older hotel, good service”
Review of Ellis Hotel

Ellis Hotel
Ranked #48 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 6 March 2014

You can tell the Ellis is an older hotel: rooms are smaller, amenities fewer, etc. We were comfortable but could have used a little more room. However, the staff is amazing. I was greeted by name every morning and evening when I was in the lobby (Nickole!!). Front desk staff is fabulous!! Breakfast buffet a little pricey for what is offered, but the food is good. Calvin is a great bellhop and got us situated in our room nicely. If you want big rooms, probably not the place for you. If you want service, definitely stay here. Also, great location with numerous dining options close.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TravelGirlNashville
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Hello,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience. We are a historic hotel and are on the National Historic Registry: we take pride in our history. I was glad to hear your stay was nice and Nickole and Calvin took great care of you-I can't wait to share this review with them! We hope to see you again in the nearest future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Great location. The staff, with the exception of the restaurant and bar, were very pleasant. The bartender was grouchy.
But, what really disappointed me was the condition of the room. It was dusty everywhere and the bathroom was not very clean. I complained to front desk who told me that it would be corrected, but it was not re-cleaned (I dusted all myself) and there was no follow-up to my complaint.
The bed was very comfortable.
The fitness center was even dirtier.
The happy hour hors d'oeveres was a large tuna melt cut into squares.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Janet N
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for posting about your experience-your feedback is very important to us, as it helps us see which areas need improvement. Please accept my apology for the condition of your room, as well as for the way it was handled. I will definitel;y share your review with the housekeeping team to ensure the fitness room is cleaned thoroughly as well. We certainly hope that you give us another opportunity to impress you. Please feel free to call me directly at 678-651-2771 to make your reservation and I will ensure that your stay with us is impeccable.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We picked the Ellis Hotel to stay away from your normal chains.. looking for a change... but after staying there I think we would have been better at A Holiday in or Hampton.. anyway we Paid for the location.... the room was remodeled... to new style but the hotel is quiet dated the bed is very uncomfortable the breakfast buffet was not worth $14 a meal... except the fresh eggs cooked to order by the chef ...
but here is what is good the location... although there is a bunch of hotels around to choose from next time... i do not think we would go back to the Ellis

Room Tip: We had the Premier King Room you will hit wall getting off the bed if 2 of you sleep on it ... the w...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nouva77

Hello,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear you found our beds uncomfortable and breakfast not a good value. Perhaps we could find you another room next time you stay with us? Please feel free to reach out to me next time you're in Atlanta and I will personally ensure your stay is perfect.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

In town to see The Eagles on Monday night and decided to stay here. Actually the concert and hotel stay were a Christmas present from my wife. Checked in around 3:30 and had little problems navigating the Peachtree street construction. We decided to skip the valet parking and pulled into a parking deck behind the Ellis. This was a mistake. The sign stated $16 daily parking and we thought it was a great deal. Upon leaving today it actually cost $32 for two days parking and we hadn't actually been there 24 hours. Not the fault of the hotel I guess.

We were checked in by Ony and she put us in room 508. Earlier in the day we called and requested a refridgerator and it was there. The room was nice but it faces Peachtree Street and it's noise. The bathroom had a nice sized walk-in shower and the pressure was good. One of the pieces of furniture was slightly stained but no problem. Another nice feature was $1 glass of wine at happy hour.

Although we heard or saw no supernatural entities, we had a great time and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room away from Peachtree Street or a room higher than the 5th floor. Also dismiss the rati...
2  Thank alafans

Hello and thank you for sharing your experience-
I'm glad you enjoyed your Christmas present, including the convenience of our location, and in-room amenities. I'm sorry you found your room noise-we will be glad to put you higher up or on the other side of the building next time. We certainly hope to have you back. Thank you so much for your stay with us!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The hotel is centrally located – next to the Peachtree train station. We arrived amidst the snow and the warm lobby was very welcoming.
The room was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom stocked good quality amenities and the coffee was good too. Breakfast is served in a small dining room – good spread of items for a small hotel. The best features? Central location, spacious rooms, gowns in the rooms and very friendly staff (except the lady that assisted us with check-out – she was rude and made the entire check-out process an unpleasant affair).
I would recommend this hotel to business travellers.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the kind words about our property. I'm glad you enjoyed the warmth of the hotel during the snow storm. I do apologize about the associate who was rude to you at check out. I sent you a personal message so that we can get more information from you and follow up appropriately.
I certainly hope that we can have you as a guest again in the nearest future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Ellis Hotel was very nice. Our king room was spacious, and the bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean and nice. Also, great location. Within walking distance of several restaurants, as well as the Aquarium and World of Coke. Overall, we had a great experience with the room and location. My only complaint would be the room service. We called down at 10:15 PM for a piece of pie and a glass of wine. They told us 10 minutes; however, we didn't get it until right before 11:00. And we left our breakfast order on the door as instructed, and requested breakfast be delivered at 10:00 AM. It never came. Finally at 10:30, I cancelled the order because we had to leave. So room service needs a little work. but overall, a great experience. Room was spacious, clean, and comfy. Would stay there again!

Hello,
Thank you for your stay with us back in February. I would like to thank you for your feedback and apologize for the problem with room service. I certainly hope we will see you again in the enearest future. Please feel free to reach out to me next time you're in Atlanta for a special rate, including breakfast.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We had a great experience at The Ellis! I would definitely recommend this hotel to any family/friends. Beautiful rooms, perfect location - right next to the MARTA. This hotel was so convenient to area attractions, restaurants/bars & beautifully decorated! Rooms were clean and beds extremely comfortable!

Dear Raechel,
Thank you for your stay with us back in February and for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. We hope to have you as a guest again in the nearest future.