“Beautiful hotel. Excellent service.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ellis Hotel
Ranked #42 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
California
“Beautiful hotel. Excellent service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2009

Hotel is in great location for conferences-walking distance to all major hotels, restaurants and bars and next to MARTA station. Room was clean with high end amenities. 24 hour desk, service was great, esp. in the restaurant.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2009

Stayed at The Ellis 4/22-4/24 for a national real estate developers' convention in part due to its #2 ranking on Trip Advisor. WELL DESERVED! As a real estate developer, I'm sensitve to location and, these days, value, and The Ellis is remarkable: caddy corner from the Ritz-Carlton and a block along Peachtree Street from the Westin cylindrical tower, both hotels at least twice as expensive as The Ellis and FOR WHAT?! I'm also an architect and the Westin is still the 70's Portman fortress that it's always been, the Ritz is "sumptuously traditional" but The Ellis is clean, contemporary, airy and most welcoming. The architectural "friendliness" is matched by the smiling and capable staff, one of whom graciously printed more boarding pass and relieved the stress of my departure. The Ellis' restaurant is similarly open (and has an outdoor terrace cantilevered over Peachtree Street, much like the Ritz) and was a great venue for an impromtu lunch with a fellow convention-attendee, almost immediately after check-in. My room was comfy (excellent mattress, bedding, etc.) and had turn-down service @ no extra charge from cheerful, though unobtrusive housekeeping staff. Bathroom was new with excellent finishes.
My only complaints: the fabulous Sirius radio soul music station greeting one in the lobby was unavailable in my room and my TV remote was possibly dysfunctional - I actually had to get up and manually change the sports channels.

Madison
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2009

Staff was wonderful! Fun, upbeat atmosphere. Free wi-fi throughout hotel. Beautiful rooms - ask for a corner. :)

Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2009

Stayed at the Ellis for 2 nights for a business trip (room 702). Every staff person we encountered was very friendly and made us feel very welcome.
The room was probably smaller than what you'd find at other hotels but I think it was probably because this hotel is in an older building. It had everything I needed: a king size bed which was very comfortable, alarm clock, flat screen tv, a small desk, a very clean and nice bathroom, iron and ironing board, and a hair dryer. The room was very clean, the view out of the window was of an adjacent buildling but I didn't care because I wasn't going to be in the room that much.
There was a Martha station very close by, and the area felt very safe (we walked around both days). I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank panama0520
SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2009

My husband and I stayed here the week of April 16th-19th. We could not have been more pleased. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was so comfortable that I wanted to take it home with me. The entire staff were extremely nice and helpful (special thanks to Roland, the front desk manager and Zach, Bellsperson.) You guys are the best. The company is blessed to have you on board. The suggestions you gave for entertainment were right on point. Anyone visiting the area would miss out if you don't check out this hotel.

1 Thank leeleeSc
tlyon-mercado, Director of Sales & Marketing at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Your comments will be shared with our staff and they will be very pleased to know your experience with us was so memorable. We appreciate you letting others know what our independent, boutique, chic, hip hotel is all about. Our family at the Ellis Hotel strives for exceptional service in an extraordinary environment, located in the heart of downtown Atlanta.
We look forward to the next time you return to Atlanta and welcoming you 'home'.
Tracey
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2009

I cannot praise this property highly enough and I would reccomend a stay here to anyone who is on business or pleasure, dont only stay one night though as it is not long enough..... A colleague booked our business trip to Atlanta with an inclusive price for hotel and flights from London and I was not expecting too much from the hotel. What I got was to be treated to an experience everyone should have. This was a chique boutique hotel with a welcoming feel. I checked in on a warm spring evening and all of the stress built up after a flight from London just disappeared. No long queue at the desk and within 10 minutes I was in my room still humming a Smokey Robinson tune that was on in the background in the lobby of the hotel. Once in my room I fully appreciated this property, plenty of storage space, a great bathroom with walk in shower (and Molton Brown product), iron and ironing board stored in the wardrobe, complimentary robe for use during your stay, coffee machine, plenty of desk space, internet connection, great lighting, big windows and the most comfortable bed you will find topped off with a flat screen LED tv with high definition channels that you can actually see from your bed!!!! This hotel is well appointed, older property that just feels like home. The management and staff should be congratulated on their approach to their guests, nothing was too much trouble and I felt safe everyone from front of house to housekeeping made you feel welcome, it was a hotel that I was happy to go back to after work and was a little disappointed when I had to leave. I had to meet my boss who was staying at a "big ticket hotel" that I think probably cost 5 times more than I was paying per night and when I met him in the lobby he said "so this is where you are staying?" ........
The hotel is a pleasent 10 minute walk from the GWCC if you are in town for an exhibition or conference and just across the street from the Deloitte building. If you are in town for work or pleasure make the Ellis your base and dont forget your complimentary coffee on the way out in the morning (next to the balcony entrance off the main lobby) if you walk past some of the hotels in the vicinty you will notice that the smile on your face is bigger than that of those coming from other properties.

1 Thank coffeestuff
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We take all our guests comments very seriously and share with our staff on a regular basis. They will be delighted to learn their involvement assisted to make your stay so memorable. We feel we have a very unique concept in the heart of downtown Atlanta. Your glowing review will aide us in spreading the word about The Ellis Hotel being an independent, boutique, hip and chic hotel with a European flare and is here for them to experience.
We look forward to your return visit in the not-too-distant future and welcoming you back to your new home in Atlanta.
Thank you again.
Tracey
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2009

Wonderful place to stay. Every staff member I encountered was courteous and helpful. Rooms were comfortable, the bed was divine with loads of pillows. I ordered room service which was prompt and delicious. Free Wifi and printing available. Convenient to MARTA, CNN, Aquarium and other attractions as well as other great restaurants. I love this hotel and will not stay anywhere else.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
tlyon-mercado, Director of Sales & Marketing at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2009
Thank you so much for posting a reivew on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at the Ellis Hotel. We take all comments very seriously and share them with our staff. We appreciate you sharing details of your recent stay and letting potential new clients learn about us.

We look forward to your return visit in the not-too-distant future.
Again, our sincere thank you.
Tracey Lyon-Mercado, Director of Sales & Marketing