“It exeeded expectations”

Ellis Hotel
Ranked #47 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 4 September 2009

From the time that we arrived to the time we left we were really impressed with the staff. The valet who was the first to greet us was very nice and greeted us warmly. A quick visit to the front desk, where our reservation was in order, and the personell was very courteous. The bell hop came out to unload all of our bags, take them up to our room, and took time to explain all of the features the hotel had to offer. I was very impressed with the proffesionlism shown by the whole staff.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 August 2009

After having several bad experiences at hotels on our few trips, I was ready to give up on finding such a gem. When we arrived, we were greeted by a friendly and helpful valet; the garage was full, but he directed us to a cheaper pay lot that was just behind the hotel. The check in was seemless and the staff was both courteous and professional. The Ellis' environment was refreshing and relaxing. Our room was very charming; plush pillows and bedding and an amazing roomy shower to wind down in. The Ellis is located in a great area of the city and is central to quite a variety of restaurants (including in-house dining) and attractions. Needless to say I had a wonderful experience, would return to The Ellis and would recommend it to anyone who would listen!

Reviewed 26 August 2009

My husband and I stayed here for our 12-year anniversary celebration. The hotel was very nice, up to date, clean, and comfy. The room was not huge but was just right for us. The staff was friendly, which made the trip and stay even better. We traveled the city by way of the Marta, which is right next to the Hotel. This was very convenient because the Marta makes stops throughout the city, which allowed us to sight see in different areas without having to drive. I would highly recommend this hotel for a nice weekend for couples or even a solo trip.

Reviewed 23 August 2009

My husband and I stayed here back in April. I liked it so much that I immediately booked a room for this trip to the apparel show.

The staff, once again, was cheerful, helpful and friendly. As a matter of fact, I stay in many hotels because I travel a lot for business and I can't think of any other hotel where the staff is as nice.

The rooms are lovely. The beds are super comfortable with lots of pillows. You definitely get good value for your money here. I like their restaurant that serves organic food.

I know some other people have mentioned the expense of the valet parking. But I'm used to parking in large cities where even self parking in a garage can run 40.00 for an overnight. So I thought the 22.00 daily price they charged for having someone park my car for me and bring it up front whenever I needed it was quite reasonable.

The only downside to this last visit was (and this isn't the fault of the hotel) was noise-
1. My room was at the end of a hallway and there was a room katty corner to mine. Late Saturday night people kept going in and out of that room every couple of minutes, letting the door slam continually. Lots of loud voices as well. Couldn't figure out what was going on, perhaps they were having a party and many people were visiting. My room was very comfortable, but not spacious. So the bed was right next to the door. All I know is I couldn't fall sleep. It did quiet down finally around midnight.

2.My room also faced the main street where there is a traffic light. On Saturday night in Atlanta there is LOTS of traffic and many young people blaring their car stereos. So whenever the light turns red, the cars sit there music blaring until the light changes to green. Then it gets a little quieter for a few minutes until the next group stops. Again , made it difficult to sleep.

I do love this place and it is walking distance to all kinds of great restaurants, the Americasmart, and all types of attractions. It's a great hotel for the solo traveller, as well as families and couples.

Can't wait to visit again, except next time I 'll ask for a room on the backside of the hotel!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2009

What a pleasant surprise. I searched for a hotel on the internet and chose The Ellis. The whole staff was very friendly. The bellman/doorman, Calvin, was very knowledgeable. Every question I asked, he had an answer. The room was great, nice big soft bed and very clean. The hotel is also in a great location. Most everyplace I went, I could walk. If not, public transportation was right across the street. I will absolutely stay here again and highly recommend it to everybody.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2009

I stayed in the Ellis hotel only one night. The room was clean, modern, and comfortable. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I only went to Atlanta to go to the Aquarium and it is about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel. The only thing that I was not happy with was the parking situation. Either you self park in a garage that quite frankly I did not feel safe in or you get valet. Both options will cost you. I thought $22.00 for valet parking was a little steep but beacause of safety concerns we chose to valet.
Overall, for the price we payed it was well worth it.

Reviewed 19 August 2009

The ellis move our entire group block to a completely different hotel on the other side of town without so much as a peep, had one of our party not noticed the charge from another hotel on their card we wouldn't have known until we got there. The hotel interior is nice, but they clearly don't care about accommodating their guests, and that's really what the hotel is supposed to be doing isn't it?

• Stayed: August 2009