“Nice Bed”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Nice Bed”
Reviewed 21 December 2009

I stayed at the Ellis on the weekend of the 12th. It was rainy, windy, and cold which made staying in bed an incentive - thus my title :). The staff was pleasant and the interior was modern. I travel a lot so the hotel was nothing to write home about. It's the typical boutique hotel with a backstory of having ghosts. We spoke to management (who were friendly by the way) about the ghost stories. They said they were aware of the stories but no one experienced anything personally.

I enjoyed laying around in the bed so much. The only con was the phone to our room wasn't working. We didn't notice until it was time to order room service. We went down to the hotel's restaurant for breakfast - which was really great. The night before they had a free wine tasting. Their wines were awful - cheap. Nonetheless, the waiters were very attentive - Keith provided great service when we went to breakfast.. Excellent service!

Overall the hotel was clean, trust me I'm picky. As soon as I get into a hotel room I'm checking the sheets, bathroom, floors, etc. I got nothing - which was a plus. The hotel doesn't seem seem ideal for children, more of a couple's or single traveler's hotel. The mini bar was on a tray that contained - organic goodies, water, and chocolate body paint.
One bit of advice don't get a room by the elevator but that's just common sense. My boyfriend booked the room by the elevator and we could hear people talking and getting off and on while we were awake. The hotel is located conveniently by the train in the downtown Atlanta. We were one block away from Rays in the City - excellent food and service as well.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
evans, ga
Reviewed 20 December 2009

This was a very nice hotel with an extremely nice front staff. They made you feel welcome as soon as you walked in the door.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 December 2009

My stay started out with me being put in a handicapped room, which is fine, unless you have a lot of long clothes that must be hung up (like us). Also I was on the 6th floor and it was IMPOSSIBLE to sleep at night w/out earplugs what with all the trucks going around Peachtree and Ellis St at all hours thru the night/morning. The A/C was also very loud in the room.
The next day we requested and were moved to the 15th floor, much quieter. Was great from here on..
Definitely order room service- the menu is reasonable and side plates and breakfast are delicious.
The staff is very friendly and helpful AND there is FREE wifi, and FREE printing/wifi in the business center!! Parking is $22/day, kinda steep, but other than that I would stay here again (on the 15th floor).

Alabama
Reviewed 14 December 2009

We've stayed at the Ellis Hotel in Atlanta four times now and we would be very disappointed if we could not stay there everytime we visit Atlanta. It is a charming hotel located in downtown Atlanta in a wonderful location for all events. The Hotel is one of the classiest hotels we have stayed at and we have visited many all across this country.
I highly recommend this hotel; You will not be disappointed. You will be greeted by their incredible staff with a smile, warmth and the genuine feeling that they are glad you walked though their door. You will also want to visit their bar and wonderful restaurant during your stay to experience their excellent service and food.

jacksonville, fl
Reviewed 14 December 2009

Excellent location and walking distance to nightlife and sports venues. Marta station across the street for easy public transportation if needed.

Tuscaloosa, AL
Reviewed 14 December 2009

For a truly luxurious experience, from sleeping to dining, try The Ellis. The staff is wonderful, the ambience, superb. Literally, there was nothing negative!

Mississippi
Reviewed 9 December 2009

The Ellis Hotel is truly an amazing hotel and I tremendously enjoyed my stay. The staff was awesome. I felt like I stayed at a bed and breakfast instead of a hotel. The intimate setting was perfect for a single lady traveling alone on business. My room was wonderful. I loved the walk-in shower and my water didn't run cold no matter how long I stay in the shower. The bed was nice and soft and I loved being able to access my office right from my room. The free internet services in the room rocks!!!

The location was ideal for me. I was in walking distance to everything. The Hard Rock Café is just down the street and I also found a post office. I was able to catch the MARTA to places like the Lenox Mall and the conference that I was attending. What I like best about Ellis Hotel is the staff was so friendly and sincere. One night I went out to dinner and bought back my dessert. I forgot to get utensils and I mentioned it to the front desk, they had someone from the kitchen bring me up silverware. I was totally blown away by that gesture. They also assisted me in obtaining a MARTA pass and printing me directions of places of interest. The bell hop and valet attendant were courteous and helpful. This is indeed a hotel that I will stay at again when I am in Atlanta on business or pleasure.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business