“Outstanding service, clean hotel, great location!”
Review of The Ellis Hotel

The Ellis Hotel
Ranked #43 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 17 September 2010

My twin sister and I stayed at theEllis Hotel to attend a concert at the symphony hall at the Arts Center. Everyone, from the concierge, Michele at the front desk, to the bartenders for free wine tasting from 5:30 to 6:30 everyday (you read that right!) were unbelievably accommodating, cheerful, and professional. Our room, a junior suite, was very clean, comfortable and quiet. It had free internet access, a nice big LG TV, refrigerator--and a modern feel throughout. MARTA, the ultra-clean, efficient "train" that takes you all over the Atlanta metro area, is situated right across the street. We took it from the airport to the hotel (7 stops? went very fast), after buying a 3-day pass for $12/each. A taxi to the airport one way is $30 flat fee. There is plenty of security, so that even two women arriving back at the hotel at 10:30 felt very safe. As a side note, for you Monday Night Football Lovers, skip Meeham's down the street (as they don't turn the volume up for the game) and stay at the Ellis in their dedicated TV room off the bar area. It's like sitting in your living room with a big screen. Loved Atlanta and the Ellis!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 September 2010

The staff at the Ellis went above and beyond during my whole hotel stay. From the time I booked my room to the time we left GREAT service from the reservationist, desk staff, bell boy, etc...awesome experience. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2010

We stayed at the Ellis during Atlanta's busiest conference time. The hotel and our room were stylish and comfortable, and the overall staff were helpful. The room service was not only delicious but amazingly fast, and I utilized both the business center and the fitness room (both were small but suited my needs just fine). My only complaints were the poor quality of the internet connection in the room (hence going to the business center) and housekeeping was so enthusiastic that they knocked even with a privacy please sign up. ;)- Overall, though, the Ellis is a great value and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2010

We were in town for DragonCon. The hotel was conveniently located for this event. Parking is $23 per day for offsite valet parking, but the convenience was worth the expense. As soon as we drove up, staff unloaded the car, whisked us inside and took care of the car. In the lobby, we found that the registration system had gone down and guests were backing up to register. Suddenly, it was all hands on deck. It seemed that every staff member available was signing in guests and getting them to their rooms. Great teamwork! The rooms were elegantly appointed with attractive furniture and lovely linens. Our room was a king with a shower, no tub, so we switched to a queen with a tub. Brad at the front desk did this for us with a smile. All staff members were friendly and efficient. We had an excellent breakfast at The Terrace restaurant, where a lovely balcony overlooks Peachtree Street.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2010

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at The Ellis. The hotel is decorated beautifully. Service was excellent. We were treated to a free wine tasting in the evening, then had dinner on the hotel restaurant's balcony (which by the way has a spectacular view).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2010

We traveled to Atlanta for a ballgame and picked the Ellis from the internet. Our experience was very nice. The price was very reasonable. The location was good for us with a Marta station directly across the street (Peachtree Station). The rooms were small but very well equipped. Its pretty centrally located as Olympic park is just about 3 blocks away. We spent one afternoon on the terrace overlooking Peachtree just having drinks - very nice. Staff was very nice. Several good restaurants within walking distance. Free internet. All in all a good stay for a good price. We would go back again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I have stayed at the Ellis twice for business. It's a boutique hotel. I love the intimate feeling. The staff is very accommodating. I checked in quite late and barely made it to the dining room before closing. The waiter made me feel completely comfortable even though I'm quite sure I was keeping him. The chef even stepped out to ask how I liked my meal. I attended meetings in their conference room the following day. All the equipment was current and operated without incident. The meeting room was the perfect size for our group. The staff quietly and routinely serviced the room- adding ice and drinks as necesarry. Lunch was excellent. I needed the assistance of building maintenance and they were up in just a few minutes. Best of all, I loved my room. Exceptionally comfortable bed. Small bath but totally updated and well appointed. I would not just recommend the Ellis. I would highly recommend it. The friendly staff make you feel right at home. (Love those wine sampling happy hours too!)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business