“Night life”

Boogalou
Ranked #1,406 of 4,113 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend and i visited on a Friday night, ordered a table with bottle service for my boyfriend birthday and the bottle girls were awesome! They came out with sparklers and a lighted cake thing up in the air and videoed the whole thing. Food was awesome. We also had lunch there the next day and everything was beyond expectations.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I will never go back to this place. Great DJ, but the service was absolutely horrible. It had been years since the last time I've been here, and now I remember why. Don't waste your time, energy, or money at this restaurant like we did on Saturday, March 24, 2018.

Started off bad when the hostess refused to seat us because she said she "didn't see us on the list", although she saw the confirmation text that we received. We were seated and able to order drinks/appetizers around 7:30p. Drinks came...but no appetizers. Some of the party came later, but the amazing thing was that their food came out before those of us who ordered about an HOUR before. Where they do that at??!! I guess at Boogalou.

Slowly but surely members of our party would get SOME of their food(the side that was ordered was missing). The birthday girl was the last person to actually get her food, and 1 person never got their food at all. The waitress brought out checks to everyone, although she was well aware of the fact that at least 3 people had either not received their food or missing something!!!! I was in disbelief. Yes ladies and gentlemen...this really happened. It doesn't get much worse than that.
They need to be embarrassed.

1  Thank Joessicam
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We went here for a friend’s birthday. The music and atmosphere was fun and definitely birthday celebration friendly. Unfortunately, we were a party of nine who received their food 1-2 guests at a time every fifteen to twenty minutes. One person received only her side dish and decided to cancel her order after waiting over an hour for the rest of her dinner. So if you’re only looking for music and drinks, this is the place.

1  Thank DJatan
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

The food was excellent! The only downside was the seating. Definitely recommend making reservations.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

According to Yelp, it’s been 2 years since I’ve been here. No worries. I won’t be back. This spot was my favorite brunch spot that I have recommended to visitors for years. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Brunch is advertised to start at 11:30. We arrived at 11:45 and were not immediately seated. The hostess said they were still setting up and needed a few minutes.

When we were seated a few moments later we were informed that the buffet (the main reason to visit) was not ready yet. I tried to keep my crew calm. We were all famished and were looking forward to great food.

So 12:08 rolls around and the buffet was ready. We start a line with a few other people. Why is the line taking so long? Could be the fact that the buffet is no longer self serve and there is only one person serving the entire buffet. This was so sad. The young man behind the station frantically tried to appease every customer. But the long line was giving him anxiety. And of course people have no idea what they want to eat even if it’s in their face.

When I came previous years, we got the full buffet, custom waffles/pancakes/frenchtoast/omelette & bottomless mimosas for $30. It was pricey but well worth the buck.

Unfortunately, a lot has changed. They’ve lowered the price to $25 and you can only get one item (pancake, waffle, French toast or omelette) with the buffet and mimosas.

I accepted this and ordered French toast (my favorite). After I waited in line for lukewarm food, I sat and was approached by my waitress. She informed me that French toast was being added to the buffet and asked if I wanted something else. I said sure. A waffle. She said ok.

Overall the food was mediocre. The Mac and cheese saved the day. I joined the long line again to get French toast and crab legs. I got the last of the French toast and a cluster of legs. The French toast was cold. As if it were sitting out. The crab legs were also cold. Not even room temperature.

Then our server came back to say that waffles would be added to the buffet. She laughed it off and said she would bring me a waffle from the back. I don’t blame her. She was only doing her job with the info she was given.

The waffle eventually came out. It was good. Not spectacular and definitely not how i remember waffles from Boogalou.

C’mon Boogalou! Vulgar (r-rated) hip hop music before noon, burn marks on the seats & tables and less than impressive cuisine. With all the options in the city, people will find better places to go.

I am extremely disappointed with this business. After this experience, there is no way i would ever recommend them to anyone. #ashsaidit

Been to Boogalou? Share your experiences!