“Love this place!!!”

Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown
Ranked #35 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
“Love this place!!!”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We have stayed here a few times on our way further south. Everytime we have stayed it has been very late when we arrive. There is always security and someone comes out to meet you and help with your bags. Staff is great, breakfast is great, rooms are great! We highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2012
atlgt, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Thank you so much for your generous comments! Hampton standards allow us to be sure that every guest receives the hospitality he/she deserves. We hope to remain your hotel of choice when traveling through Atlanta!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I came here for a conference in April 2012.
This hotel is a bit off-center, but close to GA. Tech. The rooms were nice, but commonly furbished. Clean and calm, except for the people who do the valet parking that I used, who tend to talk quite loudly at all hours of the evening and night and I couldn’t sleep sometimes because my room was just above the entrance … There is no swimming pool and the breakfast area was quite small, few tables and I found the eggs a bit tired some mornings…
It was quite a challenge finding the shuttle to go around the campus from the hotel, but you can get to place if you walk about 20 mns or so…
All in all, OK experience, but I may try something else next time I come visiting…

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Great Location_ you can walk to major attractions in the area.
The breakfast is abudant and you have a good variety of things to chose everyday
I found the room very comfy and the services given were perfect.
If you want to find a decent hotel with a short walk to many things to do in Atlanta, think about this small but nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed at Hampton Inn Georgia tech because it was within walking distance to the Georgia Aquarium, which we stopped specifically in Atlanta to see on the way home from a trip to Destin, Florida. It was perfect for our needs, very clean, close to everything - right across from the Coca Cola museum... also walking distance to restaurants, etc. Parking included in our reasonable rate ( reasonable for the middle of a big downtown area) . We would stay again if ever back in Atlanta. Free Bkfst was nice too!

Room Tip: Book the Aquarium package and skip the big lines to buy tickets
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Homewood, Alabama
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We were at the Hampton across from GA Tech for our son's college orientation. We arrived at the hotel exhausted from a full day and were greeted by Lazarus, a friendly and most helpful young man at the counter who made sure we had everything we needed. The room was very clean and comfortable and the breakfast the following morning was very nice. We hope to be frequent guests of this hotel throughout the next four years. Go Jackets!!--and thanks, Hampton Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
atlgt, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
It is great to hear your son chose such a fine school to attend! I know that tour is extensive and I am delighted to here how Lazaros greeted you. I will personally thank him on your behalf for this display of great guest service. There are many parents who visit us time and time again to make sure the students are OK in school. I am sure we will see you time and time again as your son learns at the University. Thank you once again for these great comments.

Michael Beshah
north carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This Hampton Inn is on the edge of Georgia Tech Campus and I will say that this is an ideal hotel for taking your teen to do a Ga. Tech. campus tour or a sporting event. I came here with a group of seniors back in June and I was able to park my bus in the next door neighbors parking lot. Might want to speak with hotel when making reservations at that property for a group in a bus. The parking is in a very small parking deck and it is valet parking only. There is an $18 fee for that. The clearance in that deck is 9 ft. and any vehicle up to a high top Sprinter Van should fit in there. It is also located near Centennial Park Where Coca Cola, Aquarium, Etc, Etc. are also located.
My room was facing away from the street and had no noise issues. Comfortable bed as always. There is a little mart next to the front desk that sells beer and wine. That is a plus! Only wish is that the mart would stock Yeungling Beer there.
Sadly there is no pool there. Sometimes you have to compromise something for convenient locations.
Great Breakfast buffet as always and I happen to like Hampton Inns overall. Will recommend this property.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Our Valued Guest,

I truly appreciate your thorough review of this hotel! Being next door to Georgia Tech, we are the home away from home to many sports teams and their parents. I know our savvy travelors will really value your honest input. Please do not hesitate to contact my staff for your future travel needs to Atlanta!
Savannah
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I experienced a fantastic stay at this hotel. The employees went above and beyond to help me with area information. The shuttle was a great perk and took me easily to my meetings at the Georgia World Congress Center. The Varsity was right down the street - you MUST try this classic Atlanta fast food joint. I will recommend this hotel to those who need to stay in the downtown area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SAVHIS
I am so happy to hear that your business trip to our beautiful city went so well. We try our best, in this busy downtown area, to make sure every guest can get around easily. Our guest services team loves helping guests find the best places to visit or eat no matter what the purpose of your stay is. Thank you once again for the comments and your fine recommendation!

Michael Beshah