Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown
Twelve Centennial Park(Atlanta)
Excellent 5/5
    • Restaurant
    • Pool
    All reviewsgreat locationbobby dodd stadiumvalet parkinggt campusshuttle servicefootball stadiumcoca colacomplimentary shuttlewithin milesmile radiusfront desk staffdirectly across the streetcentennial parkthe entire staffthe breakfast areacomplimentary breakfastwalking distance
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

My huband and I stayed at The Hampton Inn because of its proximity to Emory Hospital Midtown. I was scheduled for surgery the day before Thanksgiving and had to be there by 5:30 am. The staff assured us the night before that there would be a valet to retreive our car for us There was nobody to help us. When a lady finally came she was rude and said it was not her problem and she didn't know how we would get our car. Well luckily we had another set of keys with us and had to retrieve the car ourself. I almost missed my surgery because of this.

On a good note. I thought the hotel room was spacious and very clean. The beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good also. Everything was great until we tried to check out. I would have gave this hotel a 5 star rating if the lady at the check out desk would have acted in a professional manner.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
    1  Thank Linda19750
    Reviewed 18 November 2013

Staff was friendly, room was clean, thought it would be tough to sleep as I was on the 3rd floor on the street side but no problems. Breakfast was good, fruit was fresh. Better experience than the Hilton Garden Inn a few blocks away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
    Review collected in partnership with Hampton
    Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great hotel with free wi-fi Internet in the room, complimentary breakfast buffet, free coffee/tea & hot chocolate in the lobby, etc. No room service, however, so if you arrive late, you'll have to do take-out from nearby restaurants. A little bit far from the Georgia World Congress convention center, but free shuttle is a nice perk. Not as upscale as some other hotels, but certainly the perks make up for it!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
    Review collected in partnership with Hampton
    Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have never stayed in a hotel as welcoming as this one before. One absolutely lovely valet used to greet me and my friend every day with a bright smiley 'Hey girls' and was so helpful.

The room was clean and the beds really comfortable. Bathroom was a really good size and, unlike some hotels I have stayed in, they actually provided a more than adaquate amount of towels.

The location was fantastic- walking distance to most of the main Altanta attractions but if you wanted to go further, there was a MARTA station just up the road.

My only small complaint is that there were no tea bags in the room and the tea in the breakfast room was yacky but this is a British person talking so you know...

Never felt the need to write a review before but this hotel deserved a good one.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
    1  Thank CLT86
    Reviewed 5 November 2013

We were there for a Tech homecoming & is within walking distance of the stadium, the bookstore, The Varsity & a few other small restaurants near by. It is valet/paid parking only, but most downtown hotels would be the same. It is your typical Hampton Inn room, no microwave though, but there is a refrigerator. Staff is very friendly & helpful, one valet person is great, he remembers his returning guests. This is the best place if you come to the games or have kids at the school you wish to visit, but if you want to explore more of downtown Atlanta or go to the Fox, stay at a more centrally located hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple