“pleasant stay at Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown
Ranked #40 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GREENBELT
“pleasant stay at Hampton Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

It was a pleasant stay at Hampton Inn near Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia. At the first night, our daughter was with us on the bed, and it was hard for us to have a good sleep, so we asked if we can have an extra bed for the kid, then we got a crib! Thanks! And also thanks for other help as internet connection, and other information inquiries. We were fully respected there!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I had to extend my reservation due to severe weather in Atlanta. I was charged an "event" rate that was $115 higher than the normal rate. The hotel staff was aware I had to extend my stay because my flight had been canceled because of the ice storm in ATL. I wished they would've given me the same rate I paid for the previous two days. The heat didn't work in the new room I was given and it was 12 degrees outside. Took hours for maintenance to come to my room to fix the unit. The repairman was able to get the unit to heat the room at the cost of it making screeching noises that never stopped. The front desk staff made no offer to discount for not having heat for several hours or having to deal with an extremely noisy heater. I wasn't given a receipt and I called back to request a receipt be emailed to me. The front desk person told me he was aware of the challenges with my room and he would have the GM call me. I thanked him and asked him to email me a copy of my receipt. He it was pointless to give me a receipt until I spoke to the manager. I thought it was rude to tell me my request was pointless. I had to contact the property management company of the hotel to get my receipt and the GM never called me.

Winston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

WOW!!!! Best hotel I have ever stayed at, service and staff were unbelievably helpful and nice. It felt like everyone was intuitive to our needs, we didn't even have to ask for things, they just happened. Housekeeping, AMAZING, front desk, AMAZING, Valet, AMAZING!! You can't beat this locale, it was a great trip.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Cleveland, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Great location for a meeting I was attending in the city. The shuttle service was great and the staff very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and the breakfast was great !!! Will definitely stay at this location again.

Austin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed here for the Atlanta market. For the first 5 or so nights, every morning we'd wake up with some sort of bites. It was terrifying and gross. We spoke to someone the second night who rolled their eyes and told us they'd do a deep cleaning. After 5 or so days of it still happening, we spoke with someone else who said they'd never heard of a deep cleaning and let us switch rooms. As soon as we switched rooms the bites stopped. At check out, the manager said their exterminator found nothing and despite their 100% guarantee, they wouldn't refund us for our nights in the first room. They did refund us a single night, but we've been worried the whole time and need to get home and see a doctor. The fact that the bites stopped after changing rooms seems clear that something in that room was weird. We've been to Atlanta many times and were standing in a single booth at market. The only thing out of the ordinary was this room. I would be terrified to stay there again.

1 Thank Megan C
Michael B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
I appreciate your speed in bringing this issue to my attention. The comfort, health and safety of all our guests is incredibly important. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss your concerns in greater detail.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

The staff at the Hampton, North Avenue in Atlanta assured my safety by helping with directions and town-specific information. During a drenching rain storm, the staff provided ponchos and umbrellas to our trade show staff and personally walked us (and our luggage) to the show site, assuring our safety, in a nice, dry environment. It made me, a girl who left her umbrella home, feel like it was one less thing to worry about. The staff at this hotel is amazing!!!!

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Clean, friendly staff and a real valued breakfast shows the best things you can have it here. Near all important attraction and in a very pleasant place. But the parking costs are a shame. If not, would be certainly a 5 star.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family