“Gatsby would have eaten here--and then bought the place!”
Review of West Egg Cafe

West Egg Cafe
Ranked #122 of 4,038 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Southern comfort in a modern world. An independent restaurant, bakery, and coffeehouse with a vintage design evocative of the Westside's historic industrial corridor, serving Chef Andrew Smith's breakfast all day, lunch, and weekend brunch, Pastry Chef Carrie Hudson's comfort sweets, and locally-roasted Batdorf & Bronson coffee. Host to fried chicken pop-up Oddbird, the second Wednesday of every month, 5:30-9pm.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

If you've never been to West Egg, go today or tomorrow or next week. It's got a unique brunchy vibe unlike anywhere else in town (similar to Empire State South but noisier and more hip). Great breakfast foods and sandwiches and a mix of neighborhood food junkies and corporate types from Ivory towers down the street. Everyone there shares in the West Egg experience--which is terrific! Warning: don't look at the dessert display before you sit down, as you will inevitably end up having one of West Eggs delicious cupcakes while you wait in line for a table (fortunately for my waistline, the wait is never long)! Enjoy West Egg (then go read Fitzgerald's best book: The Great Gatsby).

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is a great breakfast spot and worth the wait. We've been here twice while visiting Atlanta and they are always busy it seems. The black bean cakes and eggs were delicious! My husband had the beef hash, and we had a side of pancakes. I only wish my stomach was bigger to hold it all!

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Was looking for a place to grab breakfast after an overnight stay in Atlanta. Stumbled upon this little gem, and can't wait to go back! Very cute decor, wonderful food (make sure to try the hummus!) and great service!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I'd heard several good things about the West Egg Cafe, so we had to visit. Upon driving up to the restaurant, we saw several people standing outside waiting. Wait was about 30-35 minutes, which is better than we were expecting given the amount of people standing outside waiting. We asked to be seated at the first available, which happened to be the community table. About ten minutes in, we were asked to move down to fit a larger group. A reasonable request - we weren't upset about it at all. But we were brought complimentary pastries for the "inconvenience!" The pastries were wonderful, just like the food. The service was a lot faster than I expected. The grits were to die for. We will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My co-workers and I enjoy going here and having breakfast for lunch. That being said, service can be really, really slow and seems to be of the lounging, take your time, weekend variety rather than I-need-to-get-back-to-work-in-an-hour variety, so I would choose another spot if you are short on time. That being said, their breakfasts are to die for good. My personal favorite is their pimiento cheese and bacon omelet with garlic-y cheese grits. Great homemade biscuits and vegetarian friendly options as well (try their black bean "sausage" - very tasty!) Delicious!

1  Thank Carolyn G