“Love this place!”

Ranked #88 of 3,948 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Southern comfort in a modern world. An independent restaurant, bakery, and coffeehouse with a vintage design evocative of the Westside's historic industrial corridor, serving Chef Andrew Smith's breakfast all day, lunch, and weekend brunch, Pastry Chef Carrie Hudson's comfort sweets, and locally-roasted Batdorf & Bronson coffee. Host to fried chicken pop-up Oddbird, the second Wednesday of every month, 5:30-9pm.
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

One of the best brunches/lunches I have ever had in Atlanta. Their Eggs Benedict are to die for and their sandwiches are phenomenal. Everything I've ever eaten here has been amazing and I always look forward to my next visit! Be prepared to wait for a table on weekends.

• Visited June 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“Modern Breakfast With Great Atmosphere ”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Make sure you have a little time on your hands as the West Egg was busy. We went on a Friday morning and the wait was decent. The staff was working diligently, so it did not seem like we waited to long. You are able to purchase coffee while you wait. The menu for breakfast was had a ton of choices. The prices are great as well. I had the grits and black bean cakes. My wife could not keep her fork off of my plate.

Oh parking is free at the garage next door.

Can't wait to go back!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Makes My Tummy Happy ...”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Went with the family for brunch and we all enjoyed it. We were lucky as there was no wait when we arrived. Our waitress was very friendly and patient. She even kept our little boy entertained as
he colored his heart out. The food was great ... best i had in a while. I would definitely encourage people to give here a shot.

• Visited August 2013
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Gatsby would have eaten here--and then bought the place!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

If you've never been to West Egg, go today or tomorrow or next week. It's got a unique brunchy vibe unlike anywhere else in town (similar to Empire State South but noisier and more hip). Great breakfast foods and sandwiches and a mix of neighborhood food junkies and corporate types from Ivory towers down the street. Everyone there shares in the West Egg experience--which is terrific! Warning: don't look at the dessert display before you sit down, as you will inevitably end up having one of West Eggs delicious cupcakes while you wait in line for a table (fortunately for my waistline, the wait is never long)! Enjoy West Egg (then go read Fitzgerald's best book: The Great Gatsby).

• Visited June 2014
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

This is a great breakfast spot and worth the wait. We've been here twice while visiting Atlanta and they are always busy it seems. The black bean cakes and eggs were delicious! My husband had the beef hash, and we had a side of pancakes. I only wish my stomach was bigger to hold it all!

Visited May 2014