Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Ranked #6 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We checked in on friday. Check in was breeze.I already had accumulated gold points and used that. We were given room in the 4th floor. Room was neat and clean.Internet is free and the breakfast was excellent. Overall a safe place to stay with kids.

1  Thank sundar s
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff made you feel safe and welcome. I am excited that you were able to take advantage of our wonderfu rewards program and utilize it during this stay! It was our pleasure to be at your service and we look forward to the next opportunity.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Oh, how I wish I'd bothered to read the four "poor" reviews of this hotel. I'm here right now, wide awake, as the street noise and yard work/mowers just go on and on and on. My White Noise HD app is no match for the noise outside my window. We asked for a high floor when making our reservations, but are on street level (and floor two) simultaneously. I guess it has to do with being on a hill. At any rate, I am surprised that this hotel is ranked so high. I've stayed at Fairfield Inns and Hampton Inns in the area that were certainly better in many ways.

Pros:
Clean room.
Decent service, brought extra blankets for sofa sleeper quickly.
Roomy enough to move around sofa sleeper.
Dark rooms without the aid of safety pins, towels, etc.
Cost ($99).
Sofa bed was already made.

Cons:
I FEEL LIKE I AM SLEEPING ON A TARMAC AT HARTSFIELD.
The a/c does not have a continually on fan setting, so it switches on and off all night. The white noise app helped mask this.
Refrigerator does fall down when you open the door.

Obviously, the pros outweigh the cons, except for the fact that the number one con involves something near and dear to my heart: sleep. If you are a light sleeper, this is NOT the hotel for you. Even if it is practically next door to a Popeye's.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you are a light sleeper. Seriously, don't.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rahrae

I am truly sorry that you were not pleased with your stay. I actually spoke with you upon departure about the noise issue and completely agree it is not acceptable. I did speak with the business partner located across the street, explained the situation and asked kindly for their cooperation when sceduling their lawn services. While I cannot directly control this situation, I wanted to let you know I am working diligently to correct it. You referrenced the few (four) negative responses associated with our property, but I ask you to consider the hundreds of positive responses and know that we take great pride in serving our guests and are truly saddened when we fail. We apologize for your dissatisfaction and thank you for your feedback. We will utilize it to improve our operations.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We checked in on Saturday, Johnetta was friendly. She had us setup on the third floor. I had booked a suite online using 5,000 points so it discounted our room to $81.00. I had requested a high floor away from I75. She promptly changed it to the fourth floor away from the highway. Room was nice and spacious! We had two full size beds with two full size bathrooms (2 sinks, 2 toliets and 2 tub/showers) perfect for my family of five.
The A/C was set very low (65) and blowing full blast. I know it is summer but that is cold! I adjusted it and no compliants. The pool and hot tub were wonderful. Beds/linens - no complaints. WE all had a restful night. I like how this hotel is located right off I75. We visited areas in downtown, had to deal with a little bit of traffic congestion but I would rather sleep where it is quiet then hear noise all night.
We had breakfast the next morning, very large spacious seating area as opposed to other Country Inns. Breakfast was tasty, good selection, but there was no attendent in sight. I cleared our dishes and put in the bin.
Johnetta was on duty at check out. It was a breeze. For $81.00, I was extremely satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: Right off I75 ramp!
1  Thank Mamaof4littleones
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

It was truly our pleasure to be at your service and we look forward to the next opportunity. We are thrilled that Johnetta helped to make your stay a great one and that you departed feeling that your hard earned money was well spent! We are honored that we have earned your return business and support.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

My daughter and I attended a concert in Atlanta this weekend, so I had looked for a hotel on the north side of Atlanta that would be within 15 minutes of the venue. After being disgusted with so many hotels that charged extra for Internet and parking and a breakfast buffet, we checked a little further northwest and found the perfect place for us in a quiet area that is very close to I-75. We requested a suite with two queen beds, and I was amazed to note that it also had two separate full bathrooms--just what two girls need when preparing for an evening out! And at a price substantially less than a smaller room at the fancier hotels that charge extra for everything.

Pamela at the front desk was extremely nice and arranged for us to be able to check in early. We really liked the room; it had obviously been two separate rooms at one time but was now a spacious suite with two beds, two bathrooms, a sleeper sofa, and a fridge and microwave. No fancy decorating, but we were quite happy with with the room. We also enjoyed the free breakfast buffet in the morning, which included waffles, biscuits and gravy, grits, fresh fruit, etc., all kept freshly stocked even a little past the official closing time of the buffet. Overall a very nice hotel that I hope we can return to sometime soon!

Room Tip: The vending machines are only on the 1st and 4th floors.
1  Thank ChattaChick
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

It was truly our pleasure to host the two of you during your recent stay! It is our wonderful guests such as yourself that make all "the little things" we do special. I am thrilled that you felt you received the best value and product in the market and that you will honor us again with your business. We look forward to it!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We were coming to Atlanta for the weekend and read on Trip Advisor the good reviews on this hotel. It was alot cheaper then Hampton we usually stay at while traveling. The bed and room were both comfortable. My only complaint was the very small bathtub.
The breakfast was good and it is convenient to everywhere we were attending. They also gave you a list of restaurants nearby. Very clean and quiet hotel, though busy.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KraZynTn

One of the most important decisions when choosing a hotel is value for price paid and we are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations! We are even more pleased that our reviews from all of our wonderful guests influenced your selection. It was truly our pleasure to be at your service and we look forward to your next arrival!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

It's no secret that I like this brand of hotel because they deliver good value, a decent bed and a fulfilling breakfast not matter where I go. And this particular Country Inn was no exception.
I stayed here for a recent event at the Cobb Galleria which is less than five minutes drive from the hotel. Being north of downtown, there are many restaurants in the area for a decent dinner.
Reception at the hotel was good, room was spotless and bed very comfortable. Nice breakfast selection; have noticed that breakfast burritos are becoming popular along with the usual cereals, fruits, juices and pastries. Absolutely no complaints about this stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Trainmodeller

Thank you for the kind accolades! I am so happy we could provide a good representation for our brand and that we exceeded your expectations. I am thrilled that you were able to appreciate our numerous amenities and we look forward to the next opportunity to be at your service!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

My family stayed only one night for family vacation. And I really enjoyed this stay except one thing, the water leak from upper room. The room was clean, staff was courteous, complimentary breakfast was good, the pool and spa were as expected. However, there was water leak from the upper room so we had to change room at 11pm. Unfortunately, we started very tired day and my family vacation ended unpleasantly. And no hotel staff made an apologize to us.

3  Thank bongchoi21
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

I am so pleased that you found our staff and our ammenities to be excellent! It was our pleasure to be at your service and we value your business. I am sorry that your stay was interrupted by a maintenance issue and that you were inconvienced by having to switch rooms. I assure you we are working dilligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again. Thank you and we truly hope you will allow us the opportunity to once again be at your service.