Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta/Galleria Ballpark, GA
Ranked #6 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed in a spacious 2- full,hotel room suite with 2 full bathrooms at the 1 suite price. Nice, big pool and hot tub was clean and warm. Hotel staff was over the top nice and welcoming. Breakfast was fresh with caring staff, Over all, you can tell that this hotel is loved. Nice reception in the evening with finger foods. Fresh cookies, fresh sheets. I slept on the pull-out and even that was comfortable. Free,ample parking- easy on off, on with the highway. 15-20 minutes to the aquarium and the Coca-Cola factory.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa M
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta/Galleria Ballpark, GA, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

How exciting that our pride and commitment to both our guests and our property was evident during your stay! We do love our property and guest satisfaction is our #1 goal. We are so proud when we can radiate this passion. It was our pleasure to be at your service and we look forward to the next opportunity.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We had a suite with two queen beds and a sofa sleeper. The beds were comfortable,even the sofa sleeper according to my older daughter. The suite was different than other suites we have stayed in this hotel family or even most suites in this price range. The sitting room had a window to the outside as well as the bedroom. This suite was not an end room either. The greatest part was that the sitting room and the bedroom had their own full bath! That's right --- two full baths with the one bedroom suite! This was great with a wife two daughters and a granddaughter! We had no problem getting ready in the morning. :)
The large indoor pool was saltwater no bleach on the bathing suits! The pool was heated to a delightful 86 degrees F. The hot tub was also nice as well as the pool room being a comfortable temperature for bathers as well as for those who weren't in the water.
Breakfast was a bit unusual with chicken steaks and raspberries and strawberries for the fruit. Many of the hotel breakfast places serve sausage/bacon and a frozen melon fruit medley but not this morning. The welcome cookies were great and had three types.
The staff was very friendly including not only the front desk, but housekeeping the next morning.
This property was indeed a hidden gem,great value and wonderful find. I am looking forward to my next visit to Atlanta to be able to stay here again. The hotel is only 15 minutes to the center of Atlanta for the Coke Museum, the Olympic Park, Aquarium and broadcast company. This hotel is highly recommended!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Greg H
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta/Galleria Ballpark, GA, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

I am humbled at your amazing and kind response! We truly believe we are "indeed a hidden gem," but to have a guest leave our property and believe this as well is so exciting! Our staff has done their job well by conveying our pride and our amenities have spoken for themselves. Thank you for taking the time to let other travelers know your experience and we look forward to the next opportunity to be at your service.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I recently had our 2nd stay at Country Inn & Suites, Windy Hill, Atlanta and we were thrilled to find that this hotel has maintained its excellence since we were last there a year ago. The physical part of the hotel ( appearance, maintenance etc.) is updated, attractive, clean and comfortable, and the staff are all so friendly, helpful and professional. Kudos to the management for doing such a great job!
During this recent stay my husband and I took advantage of the shuttle service to go out to dinner - this service provides free transportation to any restaurant, shopping area, etc. within a 5 mile radius of the hotel (of course a tip for the driver is always appreciated). The desk clerk at check-in and the shuttle driver both had great suggestions for restaurants in the area, and, after we made our decision, we were immediately driven there. When we had finished our dinner, we called the hotel and the driver was back to pick us up within 10 minutes. What great service!! For us this was so much better than driving ourselves around in an unfamiliar city, dealing with parking, etc. That night we both slept soundly - very comfortable bed, no disturbing noises from the hallways or the busy roadways near the hotel. The next morning we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast in the attractive dining area. The buffet includes something for every taste and appetite - eggs, sausage, waffles, hot and cold cereals, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, yogurt etc. as well as various juices and coffee. No one could possibly leave that hotel hungry!!
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for excellence and value - that's a hard combination to find and this hotel has "nailed it"!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sharyn H

Thank you so very much for your kind words of response! We are thrilled when our guests appreciate all "the little things" we do each day to be at their service. There is truly no greater honor we can receive than to be recommended by our special guests. We value your business and look forward to your next arrival!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

this is our 2nd stay at this hotel. we visit allanta 4too 5 times a year and found this the best for the location taking in to accnt value location and acomidation. the staff is very helpful and does all it can to make our visit comporftsble. the free bkfast is one of the best for this price range. we like the use of real dishes and silverware

Room Tip: get aroom at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 714Norman

I am so happy that you have honored us with your repeat business and even more excited that you believe us to be the best in the area for location, value and amenities. It is our wonderful guests such as you and your family that make all our efforts worthwhile. Thank you again and we look forward to the next opportunity to be at your service!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I travelled with a group of 20 college students last weekend and our stay was fantastic! The staff had every room and key ready upon our arrival and the rooms were perfect! The facilities were exceptional- the pool, fitness room were top notch. Everyone loved the breakfast served each morning, so much better than the typical danish and fruit. Hotel staff helped arrange shuttles for our students to area malls and restaurants. The students loved the freshly baked cookies that were always ready on the counter. We will definetly stay here again on our next adventure to Atlanta.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank joline k
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta/Galleria Ballpark, GA, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

We are thrilled that you were happy with your stay and that all of the students had a great time in Atlanta! It was our privilege to host your group. They are amazing young adults. Thank you for mentioning the extra efforts by our staff. We look forward to the next opportunity to be at your service!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Having never been to Atlanta, I had no idea where to stay. I used TripAdvisor comments as a guide. They worked! This hotel was terrific. It was clean. The lobby was spacious and welcoming. The free breakfast (yes - free) was great. Our room was also clean and quiet. We never heard any noise.

The staff was very courteous and attentive. Always friendly. Always helpful.

This hotel is very convenient to the interstate. We were about 20 miles from the airport. But, about 15 from downtown Atlanta and everyplace else we wanted to go. Plenty of places around to eat.

Would definitely stay here again and would recommend to others.

Room Tip: Pick anything above the lobby (e.g. floors 2 & up). The first floor (is below the lobby) and is...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank robamjac
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta/Galleria Ballpark, GA, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful and kind words of response! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities that our property offers. We take great pride in our hotel and absolutely beam when a guest notices all "the little things" we do to make their stay more enjoyable. We look forward to your next arrival and the opportunity to once again be at your service!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed here along with numerous family members for a family funeral. It was a very nice place. My room was clean, the lobby area and breakfast area were clean, very nice. I missed the wine and beer they served in the lobby area in the afternoon but my sister said that was a nice touch as well. My family had use of their hospitality room which was great as family members gathered each evening to eat, chat, etc. The staff, especially Robert(I am pretty sure that was his name, worked evenings at the front desk)he was great. When my flight was delayed etc., and everyone else had to be at the funeral home he arranged a shuttle for me. He was very personable, funny and my brother and I enjoyed chit chatting with him. Kudos on a great front desk guy! Given the circumstances, although I did not make the hotel arrangements, the staff did their utmost to make my stay comfortable. As well as other family members. Thank you so much Robert for backing me up with my mother when my brother didn't want to utilize the shuttle! You made my life that tiny bit easier that evening.

One drawback and the only one, was one evening as we were walking back to our room there was a large black beetle scuttling down the hallway. I tried to stamp it out but it scuttled under someone door....sorry about that.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor, seemed very quiet, at least I heard nothing.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa B
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta/Galleria Ballpark, GA, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

It was truly our pleasure to host your family. We were so happy that we could make things as pleasant as possible given the circumstances. Thank you for recognizing Robert. He is one of our newest additions and we couldn't be more pleased! We appreciate all of your kind words and look forward to the next oppportunity to be at your service again.