“Great Vegetarian Chinese food in Midtown Atlanta area” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #646 of 3,907 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Morningside - Lenox Park
Smyrna, Georgia, USA
“Great Vegetarian Chinese food in Midtown Atlanta area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Being a vegetarian who previously ate meat, I truly enjoy this all-vegetarian Chinese food restaurant . They have just about all the traditional Chinese restaurant dishes with veggie meat substitutes. have not had a single dish that was great, and I've been here several times with a large group and have tried about 5 or 6 different dishes - all have been great!! If you're vegetarian (or just appreciate eating veggie meat) - this restaurant is a must

• Visited September 2013

Wetumpka, Alabama
“Most selections have something fried...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

We looked over the good reviews here, and found that the "meatless" meat substitutes were intriguing. However, most of the replacement meats are some form of fried dough wrapped around some type of tofu... The dishes seem to have a ton of heat thrown on it to disguise that it is really nothing. The vegetables on my plate were almost inedible due to the red pepper. My wife had the mango drink, which was infused with tapioca and enjoyed that.

The service was quite slow, and the place was not that busy. But, there seems to be only two servers for the entire restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Favorite restaurant in Atlanta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

I moved to Atlanta about 8 months ago and did a Google search for vegetarian restaurants - Green Sprout came up so I thought I'd give it a try. Amazing amazing food... absolutely blown away by the flavor and texture of the "meat" - particularly the chicken. The sauces that the entrees come in are always delicious. And the vegetable lo mein is top notch.

The servers are very friendly and do a great job. The prices are very reasonable. Most entrees on the menu are $8-12, and the beverages are mostly $1.00.

I highly highly recommend Green Sprout.

• Visited March 2013
Gainesville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

We are vegetarians and were excited to go to Green Sprout as the reviews were good. However, I ordered the shrimp with broccoli and it was tasteless. When I asked to have it replaced with another dish recommended by the server, they told me they don't do that. I told her I was a vegetarian and that I was used to this type of food and my issue was the flavor of the sauce, not that I was a meateater trying this food for the first time. Then she said she would replace my dish. 25 minutes later, it never came. The other dish we ordered was fried rice and it was less than mediocre. So we paid for that and left and will never go back. Very disappointing.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta
“Yummy vegetarian birthday dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

We had a relaxing, tasty dinner for my husband's birthday. He is not vegetarian, but 1 of our teenage daughters is vegan, and this is the 2nd time our family has dined here. We started with 'chicken' drumsticks, served piping hot. I loved my vegetarian 'beef' with broccoli, and our teens loved their eggless fried rice with 'chicken', and sweet and sour 'chicken.' I was not as fond of my husband's 'salmon' with black bean sauce, but he enjoyed it. Ambience is simple (it's in a strip mall after all), prices are fair and service is very good. We will be back!

• Visited January 2013