“SCAM”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2011

First I would like to say that the music here on Saturday with Reggie Hines is AWESOME!!!!!!! You WILL NOT find another band in ATL to touch him! And I go out searching for hott bands EVERY WEEKEND! You name the singer/band I have seen them! The scam is this...you pay $10 to get in and if you want to eat and there are no tables you are screwed and they will not refund you your money!!! They will tell you that you can eat in the sports bar which is free to enter into!!!!!! But they still won't give you back your money! There is no sign posted saying the the fee is non-refundable. So even when they are full and there is no seats they will still sale tickets to get it. A word to the wise...check to see if there is space b4 you hand that old chick up front your cash! If they don't have seats and you have already paid call 1-877-825-3797. This is a lawyer who is already handling my class action suite against them for this scam so you can join forces with us to stop this madness! The food and service is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!! With the exception of the dude with the pony tail who seats you!

2  Thank hothotAtlanta

Reviewed 4 May 2011

Wife and I made reservations and went to Cafe 290 to celerbrate our 4th anniversary. The entertainment was very, very good, all three band, band leader and vocalist. We thought it was a bit tacky that the entertainers were also soliciting tips from the audience especially since there was a $10 cover charge/person at the door, regardless of whether or not you were ordering dinner. Three minutes after being seated our server came to the table with a very impatient attitude, did not introduce herself, and did not write down our order for "two" drinks and of course, got it wrong. Just to be nice, we decided to accept the wrong drink order anyway. This still did nothing to improve her attitude.. My wife ordered a chicken/pasta dish and I had a medium cooked ??? NY Strip Steak. We were both very disappointed with our dinners. The chicken/pasta had no taste and the steak was tough, dry and also had no taste. When we made reservations, we were told that they would annouce our anniversary to the audience and of course, they didn't. Had it not been for the entertainment, the night would have been a total loss. Since you only get to sit up close to the band if you eat dinner, we wont be going back anytime soon!!

3  Thank HRock75
Reviewed 22 September 2010

I went sept 18th to celebrate my birthday with friends! Best 10 buck cover I spent the wings were goo the coconut shrimp was very good my friends got pasta big portions we could have all ate on it and had some left over. The music was great try to catch Reggie Hines and his band awesome!!

1  Thank Mrssolo

Been to Cafe 290? Share your experiences!