“290 Terror”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Took my wife to this dive last night for her birthday for dinner and drinks and I was better off.going to Burger King. The band was fair and the food was horrible. The seating in the dining area was the pits. The waitress was not customer service friendly and was not.concerned with our needs. The owner must drill this thinking into the staff. I saw pictures of Clint Eastwood and Natalie Cole but they must have been taken somewhere else. I couldn't imagine them hanging out in this rat trap. You you ever travel to Atlanta, do yourself and your wallet a favor and stay away unless your drunk.

5  Thank Clarence B

Reviewed 31 December 2013

nice cozy lounge with great atmosphere. we went on a monday when the band, bumpin the mango, was performing. our party of four had a great time! i wish the food and drink selections were better though...

1  Thank nik_mchicago
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Unpretentiously hidden in a small street in Sandy Springs, Cafe 290 is a great place for jazz, among the best in Atlanta, with an intensive program year round. Service is prompt and courteous and one can seat by the bar or in the private sitting area, just across the the stage. Extensive drinks list and bar food available at good prices. Contiguous, a pool bar where you can entertain yourself either playing pool, having a drink or smoking, as it is allowed in there.

2  Thank Fabio N
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

I did not eat or drink anything at Kat's but the atmosphere and service was great. My friends decided to partake in the $5 martini specials & they received wonderful service. We enjoyed the entertainment. It was free to get in & also complimentary valet. Great night life spot.

1  Thank Katsuave
Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival, one of yhe servers spilled someomes drink all over my girlfiend and the gu y who was sitting at the next table. We sat through three hours of "talent" showcase with only 1 person showing true talent. The stools were very uncomfortable. The servers had the worst manners. They would nearly knock the table over everytime they walked by. Never once received an apology. They bathroom was beyond disgusting. After there were no more seats, people began standing up blocking the views of those of us who were already there. Just not what I expected.

1  Thank toon0321

Been to Cafe 290? Share your experiences!