“A Friendly, Comfortable Hotel”

Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria
Ranked #66 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel for my family reunion, and I was satisfied with its service and hospitality.

The lobby was big and spacious, and the clerks at the front desk were very friendly. When I first walked into my guest room, I was amazed with how neat it looked. The beds had nice comforters and pillows, and they were soft enough for a good night's sleep. This room had a large flat-screen television, which my family and I used to watch a movie while eating pizza. The bathroom looked nice, too. There were fluffy towels, bars of soap, and a few bottles of shampoo and lotion. Room service was included in the package; breakfast (Oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins? Yum!), lunch and dinner would be served promptly to my door.

Back on the main floor, I enjoyed its sports bar and restaurant located just behind the lobby. The lobby and halls were a bit crowded at times, which was not surprising since my hotel stay was during the weekend. The banquet room that my family and I ate our meals in was beautiful, especially the bright chandeliers. The food was delicious, and the waiters have done a fantastic job serving food quickly and responding to our requests.

My time at this hotel, only minutes away from Downtown Atlanta, is pleasantly unforgettable. Thank you for providing a terrific service for me and my family, Marriott.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 August 2011

Marriott Memoirs:

I'm a regular patron of the Marriott Northwest in Atlanta, GA. Whether I'm in town on business or pleasure I'll alway's reside here.

They have a very friendly staff (every department). I'm always greeted with a warm smile and everyone remembers me by name. On more than a few occaisons staff members have went above and beyond there call of duty to accomodate me and my fellow business colleagues.

I also enjoy the full workout facillity, indoor/outdoor pool.
The Marriott Northwest is perfectly located to anyhthing you may need:
- Shopping at the nearby Cumberland Mall
- Nature walking by the Chattahoochee River
- Enjoying leisure time at a few nearby sports bars and night clubs
- Great eating restuaruants are all within a few miles

The atmosphere and staff here are very "Upbeat", I find that great for business, vacation, pleasure and fostering artistic creativity.

Marriott Northwest Atlanta is "My Home Away From Home!"

Yours Truly,

Mr. Joseph Henderson, Jr.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I have been going to this Marriott for perhaps 25 years and while there is nothing terribly wrong it's just seems tired. Rooms are passable, upgraded like most full scale Marriott's though the bedding here seemed under par, hallways narrow and uninviting, nice TV. Very large hotel, nice indoor-outdoor pool, ok gym but always busy.
I would pass on the restaurant and bar - can't say anything good about them. Plenty of food options nearby though you'll need a car.
The hotel has several large meeting/ballrooms as well as a very large outdoors permanent tent.Front Desk staff very accommodating though always busy. I tried to check in early on a Sunday (meeting) but still full from Saturday night parties. Desk clerk (forgot name but from Germany) went above and beyond my expectations. She took my bags and cell #, then called me when room was ready, and refused tip for holding the bags. They also arranged for a relatively inexpensive shuttle to the airport, half the cost of a taxi

Room Tip: If on business stay away from the wing by the pool - lots of kids having fun and families pumping be...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2011

the hotel is very dated, but they always have great deals to offer! Its convenient for my family because we are traveling in from alabama trying to find a new home in the atlanta area. The desk staff is nothing less than amazing! The young manager named kendal is always eager to see my family when we come in the door! She always goes above and beyond to ensure a plesant stay. Also, the gentleman from turkey with a heavy accent is always chipper and anxiously awaiting any need we may have. Everyone down to the restaurant and engineering staff are beyond generous! Thank you for such wonderful accomidations every time we come in town!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This was a nice hotel and I enjoyed my stay here at his hotel. The only problem that I had was that the room did not have a fridge or microwave. Other than that, it was a nice hotel. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the tv had plenty of channels. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Great updated rooms and excellent service. The location is not really convenient to ATL sites however its still a great value.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2011

What can I say, the area is great. The food is tasty so are the servers. I can get to work rest easy and go have a drink with a few laughs...I highly recommend atl Marriott. Northwest

• Stayed: July 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/Windy Hill
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood

Been to Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria? Share your experiences!