“Very happy!”

Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria
Ranked #67 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 March 2012

The staff was wonderful. I stayed from a Sat - Tuesday and I had 0 complaints. The bartenders were great - food was good - bed was comfortable and everythign went jus tlike it should go. I was on one of the upper floors and it was quiet. Within 5 minutes of the shopping mall and good places to eat. If you stay in this area be sure to try Mello Mushroom Pizza & Sandwiches; it's great!
This hotel has a nice walking path behind it too that could easily be missed. They also have an indoor pool, outdoor pool, hot tub that's indoors, and a couple PC's for guests to use.
Very close to the Galleria Area, Shopping, and Good places to eat.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 March 2012

I will echo the sentiments of many of the reviewers; the staff here is awesome!! I stayed here twice in the last 2 months and I felt like a valued customer each time. Since I am a Marriott Rewards member, I try to choose a Marriott hotel 1st on any of my trips. I 1st chose this hotel because it had an indoor pool for my son. On my 1st visit to this property, I had actually booked 2 hotels. After not being pleased with the distance of the parking lot at the 1st Marriott, I visited here and was greeted by one of the managers Montrell Jenkins. He was so helpful that I decided to stay.
The room was clean and had a mini fridge and coffee maker. 1st stay had a balcony which overlooked the parking lot and highway. While I have read other reviews about the highway side being noisy, I did not hear a sound and slept quite well on both trips.

I read a few reviews that stated that the breakfast was pricey. Not sure if the prices fluctuate but I was totally shocked when I saw my check because I expected that the buffet was much more expensive! (I believe kids 5 and under are free and over that buffet is half price. Verify this with the staff). Rest staff very friendly and accommodating. One waitress even remembered us from our previous visit and welcomed us back. Ordered a kids meal for my son one night and again was shocked to 1st learn that it was only 8 bucks and 2nd to see that it wasn't a chintzy little meal. The chicken fingers were quite large strips of chicken, came with a bowl of ice cream (thought it was just a lil icecream cup and a bowl of fruit (again, thought it was a lil fruit cup) and a soda. My son ate some of it for breakfast the next morning.
My son loved the way the housekeeper arranged his toy trucks and trains on one of the tables (gave her a nice tip). Room was always cleaned in a timely fashion. Housekeeping request, prompt!
Used the gym on second visit and pool and hot tub on both. Pool is indoor/outdoor and the indoor portion is heated with a divider to keep the colder water on the outside. Gym is adequate with modern equipment with televisions on them.

Concierge level club staff is also very friendly. Food here was just ok but good for a snack or a quick bite before heading out in the am or retiring for the night.

It should be noted that the hotel has a shuttle that takes you anyplace in a 5 mile radius, they have a microwave and FREE washer and dryer on the pool level.

Would definitely recommend and would definitely stay again!

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Tired, full-service hotel in need of a renovation! I hear they've just been purchased by HEI so let's hope that happens. Rooms were not what I'd expect for a full-service Marriott. Beds were Fairfield Inn quality. Linens were subpar. Property not very clean. Fitness area as shown on the hotel webpage was not at all like I experienced. It was obviously pulled from the internet somewhere and posted on-line. Very deceptive. At one point during our stay, two guys from "Security" ...one guy, Carlos, had a business card stating Director of F & B/Operations.....entered our room while my wife and two kids were inside....they were looking for a pair of earrings lost by a previous guest. They stepped on my wife's phone charger and broke it. She was given a $15 off coupon for the restaurant downstairs for the inconvenience. That's it...get a clue guys, you are not suppose to enter a room with people in it to search for earrings!! The staff was friendly (except for these two bozos) which is about the best thing I can say about this place. I would recommend you look elsewhere before staying here!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Had to opportunity to stay at this beautiful property last month for my 41st birthday with my family of FIVE. Marriott has wonderful w/e prices so I took advantage of that. I've traveled and stayed at quite a few hotels in my time and must express my pleasure with the staff, the property itself, and the cleanliness of all the areas at this particular location. I made contact ahead of time with the General Manager (Mr.Frank Quallen) who secured me with a larger room to accommodate me, hubby and my three young children without hesitation. Although they were sold out that weekend, he did what he could to satisfy my specific needs. In addition, he had his staff personally welcome us upon arrival. We even got the Chief Operating Officer to help with our bags to our room. (THANK YOU Mr. Carlos Rodriguez) Where has that ever happened? The staff at this hotel makes every guest feel like VIP guests. They made me feel that way even before we arrived due to my prior communication with them.
The lobby was well appointed, even had refreshments out in beautiful glass dispensers..the kind you see at the best spa resorts. The grounds are immaculate and even boasts a Koi pond! Our room was great, the beds were very comfortable and we even had a small fridge in the room. The children and I used the indoor pool quite a bit which was definitely well maintained and the hotel supplies you with unlimited towels. The bathrooms at the pool have showers (with shampoo) in them which was great for me and the boys! The adjacent fitness room was a good size with modern exercise equipment. The kind that have built in tv's! I only wish I had time to use that room...We ordered room service the next mrng. and the fruit plate was fresh and had a great variety of items and the pancakes were plentiful..not just 3..more like 5..oh! need to mention that the toiletries supplied were also top notch. from Bath and Body works. I was really pleased with that. So, people...there really isn't one thing negative I can say about our stay here. Everything was simply PERFECT from beginning to end. It's fantastic for families with younger/older children, it's great for a couple's romantic (or non romantic)stay and perfect for the business traveler. Thank you Marriott Northwest for a wonderful, MEMORABLE birthday weekend with my family. Can't wait to visit you again!

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony are a bit larger (in theTower portion)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Cannot believe this s a Marriott property! Dirty, old, terrible food. Only positive is its location. Looks like last update was 1970's. Save your money and dignity and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Kajecg
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Have stayed here several times for business and each time has been wonderful. Incredible courteous, friendly staff! Most comfortable beds I've slept in, typical Marriott room. Bath and Body shampoo/lotion.

Hotel restaurant and bar serves good food with excellent service..great caprese salad and ask for the Rasberry Creme Brullle YUM!
Fruit water and cookies in lobby. Nice breakfast bufffet with made to order option.

Shuttle runs 1st come first serve but prompt and friendly. Papasitos Mexican is up the street-very good! Nothing really within walking distance, but again the free shuttle is available. Nice Pool fitness area.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Needs updating. Friendly, helpful staff. Very good but exensive restaurant. Very good breakfast buffet. They took out all of the vending machines, so if you want a softdrink you have to walk to the shop by the front desk, which can be a very long walk, select your drink, then stand in line at the front desk until they get to you. As full service hotels go, it's average at best. When back in Atlanta, I will not stay here.

1  Thank MangaMan