“A hidden gem.”

Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria
Ranked #66 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 September 2013

On a Labor Day trip through Atlanta, we needed a place that had truck/RV parking that was close to some of our favorite restaurants. This hotel has a huge parking area, enough for any purpose. Our room was large and very accommodating and the beds slept wonderfully. We could not hear any noise from the interstate. The staff could not have been nicer in helping us with all of our needs. It is a very well-kept older property and is economically priced. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I must let you know first that I am an avid Marriott customer and it is very unusual that I would need to write anything other than excellent. We were in town for a wedding and chose this hotel to be close to the wedding festivities. Within one hour of arrival, we heard sirens and as they got closer we looked out the window to discover they were at our hotel. We excited our room to smoke in the hall and no fire alarm on our floor. We immediately left the building and reported that no fire alarm sounded on the 14th floor to the fire department. All was cleared and we thought things were fine. As we were showering for the wedding, we noticed the room kept getting hotter. The temperature in our room climbed to 81 degrees. We reported this to the hotel staff as we left for the evening and they ensured us it would be fixed. We returned around midnight and they said it was fixed; only to discover when we entered our room the it remained 78 degrees and humid. They had no other room and at 1:30 a.m. they brought us a small tabletop fan and gave us 2 breakfast coupons. The hallway was so hot you could not breathe. No doubt the fire alarm affected their air conditioning. The hotel is older and needs upgrading drastically. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fair2013
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

It was very busy the weekend we stayed, but the hotel staff never appeared flustered or agitated in any way. We were there for both business and pleasure and were completely satisfied this hotel with regards to both! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My family reserved rooms August 9-11 for our family reunion. I live locally so I stayed one night only. The lobby is clean and inviting. The front desk staff offer excellent customer service. The kids loved the pool. I enjoyed the workout room. My one and only complaint is that I asked for a room with double beds on the new side of the hotel. Upon check-in, I was told that they only had king beds available on the new side. Because I have a family of four, I had to have double beds and was given a room on the older side of the building. The older side of the building felt kind of like going into a dungeon. The hallways were dark and there was a stale odor. Once in the room, the room was clean and furnished similar to the new side of the building. The stale odor inside the room was resolved after allowing the air unit to run for awhile. For the value of $69, my stay was pretty decent and I would recommend this hotel to others with the caveat that you must request a room on the new side of the building.

Room Tip: Requesting a room on the new side of the building is an absolute must!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed here last night and have stayed here before just did not review at the time. I like this hotel a lot. I was greeted by the hotel manager at check-in and had a nice conversation. The staff is very nice. The rooms are spacious and have a high speed internet connection. I was on the 14th floor and had a very nice view of the skyline. The hotel has a nice workout area but I chose to run outside. It is in the middle of a huge corporate office center with plenty of sidewalks to run on. There are plenty of route to take. The hotel has a restaurant and bar but I did not use them. Instead I used the concierge lounge for both breakfast and dinner. Excellent as usual and great service up there. Like other review said, the A/C is very loud. I didnt really mind it at night as it put me to sleep but I did mind it when I was on the phone so I turned it off. This location has variable room rates, if you catch it at the right time, it is very affordable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The hotel was very nice and just fine for what I needed. I only stayed two nights for business but my overall experience was comfortable and everything was very clean. My only complaint was the A/C unit in my room was very loud, but a couple of ear plugs did the trick. I always carry earplugs when I travel because all hotels are different when it comes to noise levels. I have no opinions about room service or the restaurant for Dinner since I did not use those. The breakfast buffet was very good with good selection but rather pricey but that seems to be normal for full-service hotels. The staff were friendly and accomodating if I needed anything. I would stay here again if I return to the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Spent one night here over the weekend to attend a local karate tournement at the Galleria. Since this was the host hotel, couldn't turn down the price, which included the breakfast. I was pleased with service, the room was clean and comfortable, but the air conditioning unit was LOUD. The breakfast was great and had alot to choose from. Would recommend if you were planning on attending anything held at the Cobb Galleria.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/Windy Hill
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood

Been to Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria? Share your experiences!