“Great customer service!!”

Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria
Ranked #67 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We checked into our room after a long workday and had a bit of a rocky start due to a minor room issue at the hotel. The housekeeping and front desk staff, Bianca, Cystral and Alyssa were awesome. The handled our situation, extended their apologies and gave us complimentary breakfast the next morning. The hotel is very clean, the beds are super comfortable and the staff is the nicest I've met in a long time. I would recommend this hotel for in Atlanta visit!

LaTisha

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This hotel was a good choice. We stayed 4 nights. I have to recommend this hotel for its good service. staff is always willing and helpful. Rooms were small. I thought it would been closer to down town Atlanta but it was approx. 20 minutes. I find that there is not much going on around the hotel itself there is a Pappadeaux restaurant near and some Texmex restaurant but they were full when we went.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Visited the hotel for the Urban Soul NYE party. I would say that the advertisment for the party only gained revenue for the hotel and not the Urban Soul group. One thing I hate is false advertisment. But anyway we enjoyed the comfort of the hotel room's bed. My husband noticed that one of the big towles had been used and not changed out by the hotel Maids. He also discovered that a cleaning bottle was left on the bathroom floor of the bathroom. Access in and out of the hotel was good. Breafast was fantastic, the best part was the orange juice and the freash made omletes. I would go back just for a leisure trip but not for anything romantic. Hotel decore is pretty up to date so the hotel is not run down in my opinion.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed one night recently and check-in was smooth and easy, however, again the Elite lounge was closed for the season (really need to be on website) was given full buffet breakfast in restaurant. Rooms are in good shape and well designed, that being said this property is going to be refurbished and they had many areas where they showed what it will look like in the future and I will be back to see it. I would stay there again even if it was not redone as it is a very nice property. All employees I dealt with were professional and courteous.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 days, really nice place. Around 15 mins for downtown Atlanta. Great staff, especially Jean, who helped us start our car battery when it was really cold. Room were smaller than expected though. Good stay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2013

After being spoiled in the Marriot Lincolnshire and my last enjoyable stay here, I was looking forward to my second stay at this hotel. I was put in a room in the 'basement'. I even asked for a change at the receptioon when I realized that the room was not in a higher floor (my Marriot profile states: quiet room, not next to elevator and ice machine, higher floor). The woman at the reception was very curt with no smile and stated that if I checked in so late (11 pm) there were no rooms left. I did note 'late 'check in' during my booking 3 weeks prior to my stay.
When standing in my room I looked right into the headlights of the parking lot about 3 m away from my window. I always find it strange when hotels put women travelling alone on 'ground floors'. The hallway leading to the room smelled damp and there was hair in the sink - the whole 'ambiente' was just not appealing.
Breakfast selection was very good, but also here the service was not as friendly as last time. And the breakfast room seemed very dark (and looking back now I can't seem to remember any windows, or just all the curtains pulled??).
Was glad to leave again after one night. For my next stay in Atlanta I will look for another hotel.

Room Tip: If you stay during summer time and plan to go swimming in the pool outside, the 'basement' r...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Well located hotel at the intersection of I - 285 and I - 75 and near restaurants and shopping. Well maintained but needs a refresh that is planned for 2014. Staff very helpful. Excellent value overall.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank FrequentTripster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/Windy Hill
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood

Been to Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria? Share your experiences!