“Superb service to me and my family reunion party”

Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria
Ranked #72 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I am VERY late in giving this review for stellar service given to me and my family on the night of July 20th 2013. We were particularly needy (needing a wine opener, needing more chairs, needing ice (for our caterer) and needing room temperature changes, and each of our needs were promptly met.

A big THANKS goes to each staff member at work that evening. My mind will always think to the fantastic service and remember to think of this hotel first when I am in need of a hotel for an event or when I need to recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I understand hotels cannot predict what satellite or cable providers will do from day to day, but I must have The Weather Channel when I go to a hotel. I stayed at this hotel during an ICE STORM and was not able to get reliable information from the hotel television. The DirecTV replacement of The Weather Channel by Weather Nation is not acceptable. I was tremendously frustrated by the delays in getting information and found that the grossly aggregated information they were providing was not well thought out and was not presented in a way that was helpful to me as a traveller. The Weather Channel has the best information and has honed the process of presenting it in a useful way for many years. I can simply accept no substitute.

I give this hotel 3 stars with the caveat that they had a reduced staff due to the ice and snow. But I deduct two stars for not having The Weather Channel available. This is simply not acceptable.

Room Tip: Ask to be put in the main building and not the annex. Basically ask for lower numbered rooms, I thi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband and I arrived on Valentine's day for a 2 night stay. We checked in and headed to our room. The hallway needed hoovered. The room itself was quite large with the usual amenities - tea & coffee facilities, no creamer, iron, free WiFi, disappointed there was no fridge. We later discovered the fitted sheet on the bed, didn't fit and the pillows were the size of cushions and VERY uncomfortable ! Thankfully we were in the room when the maid arrived the next day and she changed the sheet, we had to make do with the cushions. We had a late dinner and enjoyed salads in the restaurant. Why is it when a hotel says if you DON'T want to change your towels hang them up and yet they still change them! I know that the hotel is under going renovations- hurry up & get it done!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Mandy M
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I was on my last night in Atlanta, and had been downtown at Marriott Marquis. This Marriott was more my style, smaller, great room for a great price. The staff were all super friendly. My only suggestion is ro have easier to access outlets by bed and desk. But there are images everywhere showing thier 12.5M renovation this year.

Thank you for a great restful sleep. :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Following is part of the letter that I sent to the regional leadership of the hotel ownership company:

------------

I can only start with how incredibly fortunate you are to have the incredibly compassionate and dedicated staff that you have at this hotel. I arrived on Monday, January 27th for a week of meetings at our Marietta office. When I arrived, the weather forecast called for a severe winter storm for the Atlanta metro area starting Tuesday, but the city did not respond appropriately. I left the office at 6:45 PM on Tuesday, January 28th, and 45 minutes and 1.7 miles later I arrived the hotel. Along the way I encountered a scene that is beyond description. When I arrived at the hotel, the scene was worse. Hundreds of people, forced to abandon their vehicles, sought refuge at your sold out hotel. Rather than turn them away, your staff welcomed them. They worked overtime to provide them food and beverage, and gave them pillows and blankets so they could rest in the best possible comfort – in the lobby, halls, and conference rooms as space would safely allow. They went beyond this by providing power strips to charge their phones. Who would think of this?

The restaurant and bar were packed! But your leadership team was taking our orders and serving our food. I heard that your GM was in the kitchen working alongside of your kitchen staff to make sure your guests (and the stranded) were covered. The next morning I saw the same staff that were taking orders at midnight the previous night that were handling the breakfast crown at 7 AM. Your entire team made sure that we had meeting space and equipment so we could continue our meetings, despite all of the challenges in total. The one thought that passed through my mind – how are these people staying so professional and warmly accommodating on practically little (or actually no) sleep?

That next evening, your leadership team served our team of 20+ people a fantastic dinner. The next day we saw most of the same team members serving breakfast. They again looked as if it were another day at work, and they were happy to have us. I know that they had to be completely exhausted, but it never showed. On top of that, they again set us up so we could conclude our 4 days of meetings. On little notice, they not only delivered, they over delivered.

-------

You can tell I was amazed by the performance of the staff during unprecedented times. Well done!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Tuesday January 28,2104 an unexpected snow storm created havoc in the middle of the afternoon for everyone and the hotel become a safe haven for hundreds of stranded travelers.. The staff on hand never lost it;s composure as this day turned in to a nightmare of epic proportions. The manager on staff (didn't get her name, and believe her to be the shift manager) went so far above and beyond the call of duty, she made her guests both with reservations and those of us that wondered in comfortable and welcome.. No one was turned away, they opened extra restaurant meeting and ballroom space for people to sleep in.and everyone on staff was beyond helpful, professional, and unbelievably accommodating. One can only hope and believe that this staff must provide extraordinary service under normal conditions because they certainly did during this unexpected and unpredictable circumstances. Congratulations to the Marriott and the staff at the Atlanta Marriott NW. hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2014

If you plan on any peace or quiet M-F 7am-6pm, forget it at this hotel. The hammering and sawing outside my window began before 0800. The smell of gasoline followed shortly after. Apparently, they care more about getting the money from filling the room than they do about the quality of your stay. When I complained, I was compensated with a free cup of coffee. Can you believe it?!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Auntiem99
Daniel F, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Hello Auntiem99 -
My apologies you were woken up by roofing contractors on Monday morning. The roof is part of our $16 million renovation and were unaware they were going to be working on that section of the roof that morning. Additionally, we were advised that they would not start until 9am. I can understand that after an exhausting trip that a little additional sleep would have been nice and to be disturbed is unacceptable. I would like to invite you back in a few months once the renovation is completed to experience our hotel again in a better light.