Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsfront deskbaseball tournamentthe concierge loungeatlanta marriottfamily reunionbreakfast buffetbeds were comfortablegreat customer servicethe entire staffenjoyed my stayrenovationlobbyinterstateballparksuntrustmariettashuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Made reservations thru Marriott, confirmed a handicapped accessible room. Arrived in Atlanta to find out the motel was remodeling all their handicapped rooms at one time? If you're not handicapped then no problem, if you are then you or your spouse is very miserable the entire stay, knowing they have to interrupt a visit with a daughter you haven't seen in over a year to have so eons help you with things you can manage by yourself with a handicapped room.
The ac extremely noisy, not even a cup of coffee

Room Tip: Find a different motel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie K, Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience our renovations caused you, Shirley. As you can imagine, we always want our guests to be completely satisfied with their stay, and our remodels are to meant to make our guests more comfortable during their visits. I'm truly sorry that we fell short here. I hope you'll consider giving us another chance to impress you once our renovations are done. I'm confident that we'll be able to knock it out of the park for you next time.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here for one night this past weekend. The staff/employees were very friendly and helpful. They are remodeling many parts of the hotel and it is a work in progress. The ice machine did not work on the 16th floor but my room had a nice view of the ATL skyline. There was a balcony but no chairs or tables on it. If you are planning on staying here and expect access to the Galleria complex, beware,its on the other-side of the interstate.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Stephanie K, Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

We appreciate you leaving us this review, as it gives us the opportunity to address some of your concerns. While I'm glad to hear that all of our team was so friendly and helpful, I apologize that some of our amenities weren't working. As you said, we're renovating, so we're in the process of updating everything, but still need to get to a few areas. I hope you still were able to have an enjoyable stay, and that you'll give us another try when all of our remodeling is done -- I'm confident that we can really knock it out of the park for you!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The bell man greeted us with a present smile and offered to help us with our bags! We waited in line to check in for 5 minutes without a greeting from Debbie. However, after she finally saw us waiting to check in she came through with getting me 2 rooms next to each other. She came through although she was not very friendly.(tone was scary..LOL). the air in room 2 of the rooms left you hot or cold. No other choice. When we checked (which was very quick and easy) we left a picture in the room. When I got home I called the hotel and spoke to Alex. He quickly went and retrieved my photo and fed ex it to me that day. Due do Alex's AWESOME display of customer service, I am giving the hotel a Very good rating. Employees who go the extra mile (like Alex) should be rewarded! Great job Marriott! I will be back!

Room Tip: the hotel is going to be really nicer once the renovation is done
1  Thank Rhonda B

We're lucky to have such an outstanding team, Rhonda, and I can't wait to share your lovely review with Alex. He'll be thrilled to hear you were so happy with the service you received. We'll see you the next time you visit Atlanta!

Best, Daniel

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is the best experience I've ever had in a hotel in my entire life. The staff was overly nice and very professional. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and anyone of my friends. Thanks for the excellent service and an overall great experience!! Hayes-Shaw-Wilson family reunion 2014.

1  Thank Heidi H
Stephanie K, Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

The best hotel stay ever? That's truly an incredible compliment, Heidi, and I couldn't be happier to hear that the entire staff was friendly and attentive. Thanks for recommending us so highly, and we hope you all will stay with us again for the Hayes-Shaw-Wilson family reunion 2015!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I can't understand most of the reviews on here where folks are complaining about the renovations. I was notified of the work on my confirmation email, there were signs posted at the entrance, in the hallways, and even a note from the manager slipped under my door asking patrons to focus on the service while trying to disregard the construction. It wasn't a difficult task, seeing that all the ladies at the front desk were very pleasant, eager to help, and had a smile for me every single time. If you walk in the door and don't appreciate the signs, turn around and leave. Why make yourself and possibly others miserable? On to the room- in my online reservation, I asked for a higher floor (done), extra pillows (done), and a room facing town (done). The room was immaculate and offered nice toiletries, coffee maker, iron/board, and even a robe. The beds were so pleasing that I almost didn't sleep for not wanting to miss a minute of it. The a/c was cold and quiet, and the shower had enough pressure to take the fur off the cat (it was more than ample). Very little sound was heard coming from other rooms or outside. Breakfast was a full hot buffet and featured very nice service as well. I can't help but be puzzled at people who want to complain about such things as "no turn down service" or "no newspaper". Perhaps they should travel with their personal attendant. Personally, I wouldn't know what to think of myself if I complained to the world about them. Is this the Ritz? No, but finding service this nice with this choice of amenities and exceeded expectations regardless of construction and all for this price CANNOT be found. I will be back and when I return, I won't care about ongoing renovations or the lack of a Belgian chocolate found on my pillow. What I will do is anticipate the same outstanding service that provided me with a smile on my face as I departed and appreciate the fact that this establishment is working for me, whether it's painting or wishing me a great day with a genuine smile. Ladies at the desk, you are fantastic and an asset to this location. See you soon!

Room Tip: Room 1204 for those like-minded.
1  Thank Traveltruth1

You're so thoughtful in giving us this review, and I truly appreciate all of your wonderful comments. It's fantastic that, renovations aside, your room was comfortable, and all of the amenities were spot on. Of course, it really made my day to read that our whole team was so friendly, and everyone at the front desk were so memorable. Thanks for sharing your experience here, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in Atlanta!