“Renovation aside, this just doesn't cut it”

Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria
Ranked #75 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Renovation aside, this just doesn't cut it”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Room was sub- standard; no phone signals...I had to have that changed
The hotel is well and truly dug up; you would be fine if you are just crashing for the night but if you plan to spend to spend decent with the family, please avoid.

The only good part was the restaurant. Good food. Folks at check-in were accommodating too.

Stayed July 2014
Daniel F, Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
We're sorry to hear that you weren't more impressed with your stay. We always want our guests to enjoy every aspect of the Marriott experience, and it's rare that we hear problems with our accommodations. We value the feedback that we receive here, and I'll be sure to take your comments here and become our best.

Nevertheless, I'm glad that you found the restaurant to be fantastic and all of my staff was friendly and inviting. I would love a second chance to wow you, and I hope you'll consider staying with us again the next time you're in the Atlanta area. I'm confident that we can knock it out of the park for you, and show you an excellent time once our renovations are finished.

Daniel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Fairburn, Georgia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

At some point every building needs renovation. Of course you don't want renovation to occur during your stay, but it's going to happen one way or another during someone's stay. Well this was the attitude the 100 plus family members we had during our family reunion. The hotel staff was friendly, accommodating, and did their best to overcome any adversity as a result of the renovations on the hotel. They succeeded with flying colors

The staff was so amazing that you really did not notice the construction workers. The reconfiguration of the common areas were beautifully done. If you had not seen the hotel online or visited, you would not have really noticed construction being done.

The hotel was clean, the rooms were clean, food was great, and check in and check out was quick.

Our family reunion was a huge success because of all the love, kindness, and exceptional customer service the Marriott Northwest employees gave.

Sylvia G.

Room Tip: Had family on every floor. They enjoyed their rooms
Green Features: It is a wonderful move for our environment and we appreciate you conserving our planet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie K, Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for leaving us this glowing review, Sylvia! Of course our goal for our renovations is to make our guests experience even better, but it's wonderful to hear that in the meantime my team is doing an excellent job making sure that you all have a truly memorable experience. I'm so glad that your whole family had a wonderful time, and that you guys were able to enjoy your reunion. Thanks again for your review, and choosing to stay with us. I hope you guys will come back and visit us again once all of our remodeling is done!

Best, Daniel
Middlesboro, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Made reservations thru Marriott, confirmed a handicapped accessible room. Arrived in Atlanta to find out the motel was remodeling all their handicapped rooms at one time? If you're not handicapped then no problem, if you are then you or your spouse is very miserable the entire stay, knowing they have to interrupt a visit with a daughter you haven't seen in over a year to have so eons help you with things you can manage by yourself with a handicapped room.
The ac extremely noisy, not even a cup of coffee

Room Tip: Find a different motel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience our renovations caused you, Shirley. As you can imagine, we always want our guests to be completely satisfied with their stay, and our remodels are to meant to make our guests more comfortable during their visits. I'm truly sorry that we fell short here. I hope you'll consider giving us another chance to impress you once our renovations are done. I'm confident that we'll be able to knock it out of the park for you next time.

Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here for one night this past weekend. The staff/employees were very friendly and helpful. They are remodeling many parts of the hotel and it is a work in progress. The ice machine did not work on the 16th floor but my room had a nice view of the ATL skyline. There was a balcony but no chairs or tables on it. If you are planning on staying here and expect access to the Galleria complex, beware,its on the other-side of the interstate.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Stephanie K, Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
We appreciate you leaving us this review, as it gives us the opportunity to address some of your concerns. While I'm glad to hear that all of our team was so friendly and helpful, I apologize that some of our amenities weren't working. As you said, we're renovating, so we're in the process of updating everything, but still need to get to a few areas. I hope you still were able to have an enjoyable stay, and that you'll give us another try when all of our remodeling is done -- I'm confident that we can really knock it out of the park for you!

Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The bell man greeted us with a present smile and offered to help us with our bags! We waited in line to check in for 5 minutes without a greeting from Debbie. However, after she finally saw us waiting to check in she came through with getting me 2 rooms next to each other. She came through although she was not very friendly.(tone was scary..LOL). the air in room 2 of the rooms left you hot or cold. No other choice. When we checked (which was very quick and easy) we left a picture in the room. When I got home I called the hotel and spoke to Alex. He quickly went and retrieved my photo and fed ex it to me that day. Due do Alex's AWESOME display of customer service, I am giving the hotel a Very good rating. Employees who go the extra mile (like Alex) should be rewarded! Great job Marriott! I will be back!

Room Tip: the hotel is going to be really nicer once the renovation is done
1 Thank Rhonda B
We're lucky to have such an outstanding team, Rhonda, and I can't wait to share your lovely review with Alex. He'll be thrilled to hear you were so happy with the service you received. We'll see you the next time you visit Atlanta!

Best, Daniel
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is the best experience I've ever had in a hotel in my entire life. The staff was overly nice and very professional. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and anyone of my friends. Thanks for the excellent service and an overall great experience!! Hayes-Shaw-Wilson family reunion 2014.

1 Thank Heidi H
Stephanie K, Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
The best hotel stay ever? That's truly an incredible compliment, Heidi, and I couldn't be happier to hear that the entire staff was friendly and attentive. Thanks for recommending us so highly, and we hope you all will stay with us again for the Hayes-Shaw-Wilson family reunion 2015!

LaFayette, Georgia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I can't understand most of the reviews on here where folks are complaining about the renovations. I was notified of the work on my confirmation email, there were signs posted at the entrance, in the hallways, and even a note from the manager slipped under my door asking patrons to focus on the service while trying to disregard the construction. It wasn't a difficult task, seeing that all the ladies at the front desk were very pleasant, eager to help, and had a smile for me every single time. If you walk in the door and don't appreciate the signs, turn around and leave. Why make yourself and possibly others miserable? On to the room- in my online reservation, I asked for a higher floor (done), extra pillows (done), and a room facing town (done). The room was immaculate and offered nice toiletries, coffee maker, iron/board, and even a robe. The beds were so pleasing that I almost didn't sleep for not wanting to miss a minute of it. The a/c was cold and quiet, and the shower had enough pressure to take the fur off the cat (it was more than ample). Very little sound was heard coming from other rooms or outside. Breakfast was a full hot buffet and featured very nice service as well. I can't help but be puzzled at people who want to complain about such things as "no turn down service" or "no newspaper". Perhaps they should travel with their personal attendant. Personally, I wouldn't know what to think of myself if I complained to the world about them. Is this the Ritz? No, but finding service this nice with this choice of amenities and exceeded expectations regardless of construction and all for this price CANNOT be found. I will be back and when I return, I won't care about ongoing renovations or the lack of a Belgian chocolate found on my pillow. What I will do is anticipate the same outstanding service that provided me with a smile on my face as I departed and appreciate the fact that this establishment is working for me, whether it's painting or wishing me a great day with a genuine smile. Ladies at the desk, you are fantastic and an asset to this location. See you soon!

Room Tip: Room 1204 for those like-minded.
Green Features: They do have a recycling and enviro-friendly program in place.
1 Thank Traveltruth1
You're so thoughtful in giving us this review, and I truly appreciate all of your wonderful comments. It's fantastic that, renovations aside, your room was comfortable, and all of the amenities were spot on. Of course, it really made my day to read that our whole team was so friendly, and everyone at the front desk were so memorable. Thanks for sharing your experience here, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in Atlanta!

Daniel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria

Been to Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria? Share your experiences!