“Terrible experience from start to finish.”

Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria
Ranked #71 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 April 2009

As soon as I got to my room, I found the first of many disgusting encounters. I went into the bathroom, and was greeted by a silverfish. Disgusting yes, but limited to the bathroom so I could deal. I ordered a sandwich and soup from room service - both were inedible. The next morning I discovered that all of my belongings were covered in Ants. And also there was another bizzar critter scurrying across my bed. When I called the front desk, they noted they would have someone spray my room. By mid afternoon the problem was getting worse..thankfully they switched my room. Which was more or less fine until this morning when I discovered a small beetle like bug in my bed.

I can handle poor service, poor food, but I can not handle BUGS. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
atlno, Management at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2009

In response to the comment left on TripAdvisor on April 2, 2009 regarding the insect problem, we are shocked and dismayed to learn of this experience. This is certainly not representative of the level of service we try to extend to each of our guests. We have ongoing service by a professional pest control company and have never been made aware of a pest problem. This was a unique experience and we are willing to take every step to ensure that there are no reoccurrences.

We apologize that a guest has left our property less than satisfied and hope that we are given the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

There are newer reviews for Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria

Reviewed 16 March 2009

Stayed here on the way back from Fla. to Cinti. Right off I-75, 1 exit N. of I-285. It was a very pleasant stay, clean comfortable rooms, 32" LCD TV, with digital cable, coffee maker, work desk, with desk chair. Also had a lounge chair in room. You are close (1/4-1.5 miles) to many restaurants. They have a lounge/bar and a full service restaurant, and a full breakfast buffet (with made to order eggs/omelet's) Had buffet it was very good. Hotel has plenty of lighted parking close to lobby. It was also very quiet. Booked room on priceline for $60 +tax. Would recommend to all.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2008

Me and my husband stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in November, 2008. We booked this hotel and Hertz rental car (Economy car for 3 days) for $252.00 through Hotwire. Awesome deal. Outside view of the hotel was so-so. Typical beige looking Marriott hotel you can see any where. But lobby area was nice. Modern looking, more spacious lobby area than many other hotels I've been to. Nicely decorated with plenty of chairs to sit and relax. Complementary ginger cookie are offered in the afternoon.

In general, you can tell that the building was renovated pretty recently but there were plenty of traces of building being pretty old. Like many coatings of paint on the doors, out dated heating/AC unit in the room and etc.

Room: Nice LG flat-panel TV. Complementary wireless internet. They do have Ethernet hook up (Ethernet cable not provided) but we weren't able to get it to work. I'm not sure if wireless is your only option or it was just problem in my room. But wireless worked fine for us so no complaints. No fridge or microwave. Furnitures seemed pretty new. Renovated bathroom.

Pool/Gym: Work out area had several treadmills, ellipticals, medicine balls, and even free weights. All the equipments had little TV monitor attached to it (you need earphone to listen it and you need to bring your own). They do have indoor and outdoor (seasonal) pools. There was a hot tub next to indoor pool.

We found more than few discrepancies in Guest Services Directory. It probably was printed years ago and was never updated. We went down to the restaurant by the lobby for breakfast around 6:15 AM (because Guest Services Directory said that the breakfast is served from 6 AM). Wrong information. They don't open 'til 6:30 AM. We had to wait there for 15 min. Also, there were several wrong admission prices listed in this book for Points of Interest. CNN Center (Adult price listed $10, it's actually $12), World of Coca-Cola (Adult prices listed $6, it's actually it's $15).

By the way, breakfast buffet was $13.95 with coffee and juice included. Selections were not the greatest but it was good enough. Choice of breads, yogurt, oatmeal, potato, scrambled egg, 2 different type of sausages, bacon, 5-6 different fresh fruits, pureed strawberry (they had this in shot glass), omelet station, waffle station, and choice of cereals.

Overall, I was satisfied with hotel especially since we got a great deal from Hotwire. The location of the hotel was very nice also. Nice, safe area. Plenty of shoppings and restaurants are just a few miles away.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ck1220
Reviewed 15 November 2008

We drove to Atlanta from northern Virginia to deal with a family emergency and drove around looking for a place to stay. Nothing looked safe enough until we got to this property. Yes, it's old on the outside but they've updated the inside and the area seems safe. However, walking in off the street cost us $199+ per night for a weekday rate. I wish we could have paid more like $99 or less because it's not worth more. No fridge or microwave, small bathroom, bed too soft. Cleanliness is critical for us, and the room passed that test. Though, we got there at 5:30pm there were used room service trays lining the hallways that hadn't been picked up yet (yuk). We had dinner at Houston's around the corner, which was excellent. Hotel is very convenient to I-75; so convenient in fact, that we heard the interstate traffic all night.

Hotel is just average for what we paid. Would have been great for less than $100.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2008

Very comfortable and well appointed room. I was on the 4th floor, right next to the elevator. I did hear people passing by several times through the night, and would ask for a different room next time.

There was plenty of parking available, close to the lobby. There are good restaurants right at the end of the road.

The price through hotwire was only $54 for the night. The location was great. I would definitely stay here again, even at the published rate which would have been $99.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2008

The low rates for this hotel are completely deceiving. We decided to stay at this hotel because of its location near the airport to catch and early flight. And we were also sucked in by a very nice lounge. However, once we checked in, there was absolutely nothing else that this hotel provided and you are better off at a smaller more comfortable chain. The rooms are literally a small box with a nice bed. No microwave for the popcorn we brought because the only microwaves are on the fourth floor. The Coke Machine was 2.50. The internet hookup at a business hotel was 13.00. The breakfast was way overpriced. Its completely catered to business men and women....not a hotel that will cater to individuals.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 27 April 2008

We live in Atlanta and stayed at this Marriott for a weekend getaway. The outside looks old and crusty, but boy, have they redone the inside! The lobby, restaurant and rooms are all very modern looking. We loved the LCD TV, modern furniture and especially the pull-down bedside reading lamps. Breakfast buffet was good. The indoor/outdoor pool was nice as was the jacuzzi. Didn't use them but the workout machines looked first-rate (TVs attached to the front of each treadmill, etc.). Nice attention to detail re: landscaping, flowers. Free parking was a bonus although it is a bit of a hike from the parking lot to the lobby. Did not see valet parking.

A couple of minor cons. Hotel is right on top of I-75 so you definitely hear traffic noise. A/C in room was loud (but helped to drown out traffic). Hotel very much caters to large conventions so there are lots of people wearing nametags and walking around in herds. It seems they put the convention people in the short tower and the other people in the tall tower.

Would stay there again. Very good value for the money. It's good if you're doing business in the Cobb Galleria/Cumberland area.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria? Share your experiences!