“I would give this a 3.5 - feels like a Courtyard rather than a full service”

Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown
Ranked #64 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I am a Marriott Platinum who stayed here on a business trip. The price was pretty competative. I think this was my first stay in a "Marriott Suites" so I was not sure what to expect. The room was very spacious - a living area with a sink and a separate bedroom (small but managable given the living area). There were two tvs in the hotel. The bathroom had a tub and a stall. I am not sure whether the couch was a pull out. The bed was comfortable, though it and the linens were more like those at a Courtyard rather than a Marriott (again perhaps this is because I am not familiar with Marriott Suites). There is no concierge lounge. When I asked about the free breakfast for Platinum members, I was told there was none. This was incorrect - which I confirmed with the front desk staff the next morning.
I did not spend much time in the area but it seemed to be a good location.

Room Tip: Dont worry about being near the ice machine - I was near a loud one but could not hear it in my room...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Heidi B, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thanks so much for the review! I'm sorry about the mis-information regarding your Platinum breakfast - we'll review the process with the team to ensure that future guests don't experience a similar frustration. See you next time!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

The staff at this property offer exceptional service. We hosted an event here and all of our guests commented on the staff's hospitality, attention to detail, and exceptional level of service. Everyone from the event manager to the front desk staff to the food & beverage manager to the valet exceeded our expectations! We plan to host future events at this property and would recommend it to all of our out of town guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the great review! We're very proud of our team and they pride themselves on taking great care of our guests! We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I've now stayed here more than once, and want to return. Indeed this is an all suites hotel, but the furnishings are top notch. They are very spacious and very well decorated. I enjoyed two patios, two TV's, seperate tub and shower, a divinely compfortable bed and bedding, fridge, coffee maker, etc. The shower was great... nice shower head and lots of pressure and hot water.

I encountered a few minor service snafoo's and what I appreciated was the managements focus on customer service and thier efforts to resolve my concerns. My second visit was flawless. Make sure you enjoy the pool and hot tub- its indoor/ourdoor and I love the views of the tall rooftops from the pool. NIce workout room too.

It 's a perfect location convenient to the freeway and lots of excellent restaurants nearby. There are great reasons this is my hotel of choice in Atlanta.

Room Tip: higher floor, corner room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thanks so much for the kind words! We appreciate your feedback and especially you giving us another opportunity to show you that we can, indeed, do it right! See you next time!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

This hotel in right in the center of everything and. It is very convenient and located close to the High Museum, Ebenezer Baptist Church and the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site. The rooms are spacious and we were in the 18th floor in a corner room with an excelet view of the city. Right next door is a Starbucks and a Einstein Bagle. Also 2 blocks from the hotel is a great place to eat called "The Front Page News" which brings a little of New Orleans to Atlanta and it is cheap and has very good food. The staff was great about answering questions on where to eat and giving directions.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on the 18th or 19th floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Heidi B, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your time here and look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Right off the freeway, the Marriott is very convenient and in a great location in Midtown Atlanta across the freeway from GA Tech. There's self parking underground and the space is a bit tight, so bring your A game for parking. Warning: the parking entry and exit machines suck. Multiple times I've had to hit the call button and wait for a person to help me get out.

Check-in was smooth and fast. My room was clean and the AC was cold when I walked in. The gym is small with 3 treadmills, 3 elliptical machines. Negative of the gym is that it's very warm - they need some AC in there. The breakfast buffet had a good selection of food with an omelette bar. Loved the fact that my choices of cut fruit were berries, strawberries, watermelon, pineapple, cantaloupe, and grapes.

Oh, it also sucks that internet is $15/day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the detailed review - we appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

The Marriott Suites of Midtown Atlanta was an excellent experience...

The staff was outstanding - Kind, prompt and reliable.

Special acknowledgement to Dao, Gene, Rubel and Biniam, You guys were the best with service and knowledge of the area, making my trip an awesome experience.

The food and bar service was wonderful!

Overall, I was impressed and will definetly consider this my Hotel of choice when I return to the Atlanta area. Customer friendly, reasonable rates...Who could ask for more?!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the great review, and especially for recognizing the associates who provided excellant service! We'll make sure they are properly recognized for their efforts!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Me and my friend attend the ProgPower festival this year and stayed at the Marriott. The valet service was great and the staff was nice and friendly. The rooms were clean. We stayed in the suit on the seventh floor. The steak at the bar was wonderful and cooked to perfection. We also enjoyed the fact that the hotel was only five blocks to the Center Stage venue. They didn't even mind all the "long haired, headbangers" mingling with the other guest. Look forward to staying again at next years ProgPower Fest!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

I'm so glad our property worked out well for your recent event! We look forward to seeing you again next year!