“Service is amazing”

Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown
Ranked #65 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I travel just about every week and it gets old. The only saving grace is when I get incredible service and feel part of the family and that is exactly what happens when I enter this Marriott. Steven Rodriguez always greets me with a smile and asks how my family is, and is the first to assist with anything I need. Steven is one of the best front desk individuals I have had the pleasure of working with. But it doesn't stop there, Frank, Heidi are awesome. The Mohammed the concierge is always ready to help, and the food service folks Nikela, Dao, Ras and Saha all have made me feel like I am having a home cooked meal!! Being right next door to a Four Seasons, there is no question I will choose the facility over them any day!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Heidi B, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

WOW! What great comments - thanks so much! Guests like you make it easy, we appreciate your loyalty - Happy Holidays if we don't see you before then!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was a big weekend for our family and we were all concerned about how we would be able to manage the lodging logistics. With our son getting married, and guests from all over the world attending, there was bound to be issues. I checked in with the valet upon arrival and was very pleasantly surprised by the reception. The bell captain could not have been more accommodating. Our stay was not only issue-free, but a very pleasant experience for all of our guests. Service was above and beyond the call of duty by the entire staff. We highly recommend this property to Atlanta visitors.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms in this hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

We're so glad the wedding weekend went well! The entire team truly enjoys being part of a special event like a wedding and we appreciate you recognizing the team's efforts!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Very nice stay in Midtown Atlanta. Hotel staff is excellent and in great condition. Parking is tight and not free but easy in and easy out. Room very clean and bed very comfortable. Large room with nice balcony and great view from 12th floor. Very quiet and within walking distance to many resturants and shopping. One of my best hotel stays ever. Excellent fitness center too!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for the great comments! I'm sorry you had challenges maneuvering in the garage - we can't deny that it's tight down there in some areas! So glad you enjoyed the hotel and the area - come see us again soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I always call ahead of time to make sure my reservations are good. Usually a day ahead of time. So I was really surprised and shocked that when I go to the hotel my room was sold to another guest. They said they were fully booked even though my company had paid for my room and yet they sold my room away. I was upset and requested to talk to the manager on duty. After waiting and not moving till I got a room, the lady at the front desk realized the errors of their ways. She said the manager was actually in a room helping the cleaning staff get a room ready for me. Shandale who was working the front desk at the time realized my frustration and paid for my breakfast which was really good. Chicken fingers, omelet station and my favorite: GRITS. The restaurant staff was really nice. I feel that they made up for my loss at the time. Shandale did the right thing and made me much happier while they cleaned a room and I had a satisfying breakfast. I was in my room within 30 mins of arriving. I thought I was treated with care and understanding.

Room Tip: Rooms are nice and quiet because there is a buffer between your bed and the hallway.... Suites are S...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve B

I'm so sorry your stay got off to such a rocky start but am glad the team was able to turn things around for you. Thank you for the feedback - come see us again soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

the hotel is all king bed suites with a sofa bed in the living room. I've stayed there several times and most of the rooms have balconies as well. The best part is there is a solid door separating the bed room from the living room as well as separate entrances to the bathroom (which has both a tub and walk in shower) from both the bedroom and living room so it's perfect arrangement for families. There is also a wet bar and small fridge. The rooms are tasteful but not "trendy." The underground garage is directly accessible from the room floors and MARTA is only a few blocks away. The only draw back is the bar/restaurant area is quite small and doesn't offer much but there are plenty of other places nearby and it's perfectly located for the sites of ATL.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback - we appreciate it! If you have the need, we do have a very small number of suites with 2 double beds in the bedroom, and still the same sofabed in the other side of the suite. Cheers!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I am a rewards member + know what to expect from Marriotts.
This one needs to be looked at seriously by the organization.
The service is not professional. From the front desk to the lobby rest. , it is Motel 6 quality.
The room was dirty , wallpaper peeling off bathroom wall , + shower door handles loose.
We neded replacement glasses after the room was serviced , + it took 3 hours + 3 phone calls to simply get three glasses brought to the room - It was in the middle of the afternoon.
They did not even email the receipt to me or report the stay for points . I had to do that !!!
For 350 $ a night , I expect a little more !!!!
I reccomend staying at Four Seasons next door. This is where we usually stay , but it was full.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Oh my goodness - I'm dismayed to read of your experience! I'm so sorry you encountered so many issues. Please contact me directly at 404-876-8888 so that I may properly address your concerns.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago for business and must say, this was the best I've slept in months. It may have helped that we were working long hours, but I immediately noticed how comfortable the bed was and fell asleep within seconds. Service and rooms themselves were great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

So glad you enjoyed the bed and got a good night's rest! We'll have the same great bed waiting for you whenever you get a chance to return!