“Bad value. You've been informed.”

Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown
Ranked #66 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Bad value. You've been informed.”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is NOT a 4-star hotel. Upon arrival, we parked in the deck, which is scary to say the least. It is like a dungeon down there. Upon arrival, a gentleman stepped away from the front desk, and we took a step forward, and the lady loudly said “I'll be with you in a MINUTE.” to us. Then, a different staff member said he was ready to us and was courteous. We received our keys and went to our room exhausted. It was my boyfriend's birthday, and we had worked a long day. Unlocked the room, and immediately saw a Starbucks cup and then noticed the bed was unmade, soda cans all over the room, trash everywhere. Went back downstairs. Informed the gentleman staff member that the room was not cleaned. He apologized and upgraded us to a better suite. This suite was a little roomier and had two tv’s. The suite itself is alittle outdated, smells weird, and feels a little dirty. We stayed at a much nicer and cheaper competitor hotel in TN the week before for a trip which makes this a great comparison. Then, I guess to make up for things, they wanted to send us champagne. They knocked on the door at around 10:30pm or later and we did not expect anyone. Then, they called, knocked, called. Then, we received the champagne, which was a very nice gesture. Then the next morning, housekeeping came INTO our suite, when we were sleeping shouting housekeeping. We were startled and asked them to come back later. Afterwards, they came 2 x before 12noon. Room service: $50 for a travel size box of raisin bran, coffee, orange juice, omelette, and muffin TOP (1 inch thick and lopsided). We finally left. At checkout we informed the front desk about our stay after being asked, and they said, “oh you did not put the do not disturb sign up?” Then paid, and went to leave. We did not receive a validated parking ticket for leaving which is required, so I had to call up on the box to the front and explain I had paid. Needless to say this trip was exhausting.

Room Tip: High floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Heidi B, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm so sorry that you encountered so many issues during your stay! I would love to discuss the details of your concerns further, please contact me at your convenience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed 7 nights while attending the conference

The rooms are very good and spotlessly clean, and although the bathrooms are a little dated the shower was excellent. The bed was very comfy. The staff are very helpful.

Downsides - service in the restaurant is slow and the menu basic, the bar closed very early, and the laundry service expensive but efficient

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the review - I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and your convention! I appreciate your feedback about the restaurant and have shared it with the team. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband and I stayed one night on our way back from Key West and I loved it. I love how they separate the bedroom from the living room by the window paned doors. The service personnel were very attentive and the location is awesome, right next door to the Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta and walking distance from many restaurants. We will be coming back and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laurie S
Heidi B, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thanks for the great review! I'm glad we were able to cap off your Florida vacation in style!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I've stayed at this location several times now. The location is convenient, but what I love most are the rooms. The living room sections are separated from the bedrooms by window paned doors so there is a clear distinction between the two areas. The setup gives you plenty of room to workout if you are a road warrior trying to stay fit! During my last stay I did run into a few issues - the bathroom sink was dirty (toothpaste and other random stuff) that made me wonder was the bathroom cleaned at all? I ordered salad with dressing on the side from room service with sparkling water. The salad came with dressing on the side, but there was also dressing on the salad (defeating the whole point), and my sparkling water wasn't there. The last main issue I had was that the mattress seemed to have a huge dip in the middle that I kept falling into - not very comfortable. I did bring up the issues and they were promptly addressed by the very friendly staff. These are minor issues and I would recommend staying at this hotel but just don't necessarily expect your visit to be seamless.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bklynchick2014
Thanks for taking the time to submit a review and the great feedback! I apologize for the issues you encountered and we've already followed up with the staff involved to ensure other guests don't have similar issues. We're also in the process of replacing our mattresses little by little so the next time you come, you should see a significant difference!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is a good hotel in a very convenient location. The Midtown area is walkable so you can get by without a car. The hotel is only a block from the Arts Center MARTA station which offers service to the airport. If you exit the hotel and turn left there is a gas station with snacks and drinks about 2 blocks away. If you exit the hotel and turn right about a half mile away is Piedmont Park. There are also several restaurants (including a Subway) and clubs within walking distance.

I stayed in a 1 Bedroom Suite with a King Sofabed. The suite had a separate living room area and bedroom. The living room had a sink as well as a small fridge with a tiny freezer.

There are both an indoor and outdoor pool which are connected to each other.

If I had to find something negative about the Marriott, it would be that in room wifi is not free. The hotel also offers a business center but you need to pay to use that as well.

For a more detailed review and more pictures see http://thetravelsisters.com/trip-reports/hotel-reports/marriott-atlanta/.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank travelsis1
Thanks for the detailed review! You are correct that there is a fee for internet access in our roms, but access is complimentary in the lobby area and in the business center.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I chose the hotel for the location and the proximity to our Valentine's Day dinner and for the Marriott reputation. The hotel is very conveniently located to many of the cities hotspots. The rooms are very nice and we really enjoyed the suite layout---separate living room area from bedroom. It was also a pleasant surprise to have a small balcony to walk out onto and look around at the city--very cool.
I had one small issue with the perks associated with the rate that I booked, but that was quickly rectified by the Shamale at the front desk who provided excellent customer service, which is what I have come to expect from Marriott properties.
Overall, our stay was great and we would definitely choose this location again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review - thank you! I'm glad Shamale was able to assist you with the issue you encountered!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The rooms were very clean, they are suites so the room is huge. I had a minor snafu and Stephen (a manager over there) was really great, wonderful customer service. So was the rest of the staff. You do pay for wifi, there is no mini bar, you can get whatever you need nearby. (They do have internet in the rooms it's wired. it's a great location and it was clean, (i'm a bit neurotic so bug free is most important to me.) I would stay there again, because of great staff and clean rooms. Southern hospitality!

Room Tip: stop by a drug store, grocery or liquor store on the way from the hotel. they have fridges in the ro...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for the great review - I'm glad the team was able resolve the "snafu" for you!