“Good location, happy staff, nice stay”

Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown
Ranked #69 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband had a CE class here and we added a few Braves games for fun.
Pros: Lots of attractions and restaurants nearby. My son and I had plenty to do during the day. The drive to the games wasn't too bad (lots of traffic, but not far). Classroom was comfortable. Staff was very pleasant. Really liked the suite - french doors opening into bedroom, tub and separate shower, sink outside of bathroom, mini-fridge and coffee in room. Coffee was also available in lobby during the morning and fruit-flavored water in the afternoon. Rooftop pool chairs were quiet, sunny, comfortable. Beds were soft and comfortable. Housekeeping was excellent. Valet staff was great - quick to get our car and water for the trip home. Overall good stay, pleasant atmosphere.
Cons: All of the extra charges! Nightly rate seemed really good for this caliber hotel, but the extra charges bothered me. I changed my request from king to double (admittedly, at the last minute) and they seemed happy to do that for me - for $40/day upcharge. We used valet parking at $30/day. Self-park was $25. Breakfast (not included in room charge) was $20/each for the buffet. And if you have plans, get the buffet! Those of us who ordered from the menu waited almost 30 minutes - everyone else was ready to go. Buffet was excellent with lots of choices, but expensive. Did not use internet ($15/day extra).

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for better views. Work-out room and pool are on third level, classes on secon...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pamfoster41
Heidi B, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thanks for detailed review! We're glad you enjoyed your visit with us. For future reference, we do offer packages that inclue parking, internet and/or breakfast which you might find a better value than paying for each individually if you plan to use them. See you next time!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

we Were Going to Have to ToMove Two Nights Into A FoUr Night Stay. After Much Aggravation, Teala Was Able To Arrange For Us To Stay In Our Original Room For The Entire Trip. She Went Out Of Her Way To Help Us And Relieved Much Stress That A Move Would Cause, Trying To Get Ready For A Wedding. Her Efforts Were Very Much Appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2014
Heidi B, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thanks fo much for the great review and sharing the comments about Teala. We'll make sure she's appropriately recognized. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

First, let me say that the location is great and the room quite cozy. But the full on Marriott experience was lacking. The staff was very polite, helpful and friendly. But hotel just felt like it needed some love. The weather stripping around our door kept falling out, one of the other door number's kept appearing in the hallway floor. The smoking area (and I'm glad that they have one) was right by the front doors. Just a little odd and a little off. But once again the room was quite lovely, the bed close to perfect. A small kitchen den area complete with roll out couch, fridge, sink and desk separated from sleeping quarters by frosted French doors and equipped with a large bathroom boasting both separate bath and shower.

Room Tip: Center rooms have bay windows, side rooms have balconies. Free wifi in area lobby only.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback - your opinion is important to us! We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was our 4th stay at the hotel. It is conviniently located, has large 2 room suites with big bathrooms and good facilities like pool, gym, bar and restaurant, all at a reasonable price. Watch out for the pricey parking, though.

Room Tip: At weekend it gets noisy. The higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the great review! I appreciate your feedback and hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Crystal Stokely provided me with stellar service upon my arrival. Absolutely white glove service. I have come for a very important meeting. The transition from entry of the hotel to directions to the elevator. Seamless!

Room Tip: 1023 Excellent View!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for the great comments about Crystal! I'm so glad your stay went well and we'll make sure to recognize her for her efforts. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My second three night stay at the Marriott Suites Midtown in the last 30 days, and this property has become a favorite with a friendly and professional staff, and a very relaxing and quiet stay while away from home. Rooms are spacious and offer everything I can need during the stay, and are well maintained. Location is very convenient to the "Arts Center" MARTA station and many nearby restaurants in the area!

Particularly pleasant was the Breakfast room staff, who warmly welcomed me each morning and made sure I was well served and stuffed by the time I left. Fred and Bertha were particularly kind during my morning visit, and deserve special recognition.

Definitely plan to stay there again in the near future!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TbirdTim88

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay - come see us again soon and we'll make it a "3-peat"!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My 15 year old son and I just spent two nights at the Atlanta Marriott Suites and found it to be a great place to stay. We both appreciated the separate living room where he slept on the pull out couch and had plenty of room to lounge around while I slept in the bedroom. It was also nice having a second TV and refrigerator.

The breakfast buffet with omelette and waffle stations was great and is worth trying to get added to the room rate since it is $20 per person if sold separately. The staff was very attentive and the rooms were clean. It is very close to a MARTA subway stop which made it convenient for going downtown. The midtown area is much hipper and less touristy than downtown so if you are a single or a couple who wants to stay near bars and restaurants this is a great place.

We were able to get a great rate at this hotel which I thought was comparable to most of the other 4 star hotels which were much higher priced. The bar and lobby area had a nice vibe and the elevators were super fast. When we ordered chicken wings and there was a delay in the order, the bartender offered my son and I a free drink which I thought was very considerate (and not even necessary)! There was a 24 hour on-site shop that sold drinks, snacks and travel essentials. I really can't say anything negative about this place and definitely would recommend it. It is especially great for families who appreciate the extra room. Overall, we really had a terrific stay.

Room Tip: I don't think it matters much as all the rooms are pretty similar.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

WOW - what a great review! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. Hope to see you again soon!