My husband had a CE class here and we added a few Braves games for fun.
Pros: Lots of attractions and restaurants nearby. My son and I had plenty to do during the day. The drive to the games wasn't too bad (lots of traffic, but not far). Classroom was comfortable. Staff was very pleasant. Really liked the suite - french doors opening into bedroom, tub and separate shower, sink outside of bathroom, mini-fridge and coffee in room. Coffee was also available in lobby during the morning and fruit-flavored water in the afternoon. Rooftop pool chairs were quiet, sunny, comfortable. Beds were soft and comfortable. Housekeeping was excellent. Valet staff was great - quick to get our car and water for the trip home. Overall good stay, pleasant atmosphere.
Cons: All of the extra charges! Nightly rate seemed really good for this caliber hotel, but the extra charges bothered me. I changed my request from king to double (admittedly, at the last minute) and they seemed happy to do that for me - for $40/day upcharge. We used valet parking at $30/day. Self-park was $25. Breakfast (not included in room charge) was $20/each for the buffet. And if you have plans, get the buffet! Those of us who ordered from the menu waited almost 30 minutes - everyone else was ready to go. Buffet was excellent with lots of choices, but expensive. Did not use internet ($15/day extra).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- They say location is everything ... we have that and much more. Located in the Heart of Midtown (Atlanta's corporate & cultural center), Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown caters to every guest. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, you can trust that all your expectations will be exceeded at our Atlanta hotel. For a perfect stay in Atlanta, Georgia, set our from our ideally located hotel and easily explore museums, theatres, nightlife (Crescent Avenue) and our city's finest restaurants - they're all within walking distance! The Arts Center MARTA station (Atlanta's rapid rail system) is also close by. We offer 254 spacious suites, each with a separate living room, bedroom (with either 1 king or 2 double beds), oversized bathrooms with separate tub & shower, voice mail, indoor/outdoor pool, and 24-hour fitness center. Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown embraces its roots in the finest in hospitality, Southern Style of course! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown Hotel Atlanta
- Atlanta Marriott Hotel Midtown
- Marriott Atlanta