My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night over 4th of July weekend, we got a great deal from priceline and overall I was pleased with our stay.
Location - within walking distance to bars, resturaunts, Piedmont Park, Margaret Mitchell house, etc.. A bit difficult to get to as 14th street is under construction but after a few wrong turns we found it easily enough. The neighborhood was a mixture of business and some residential and we felt safe during the day and late night. .
Parking: We self parked in the garage. The valet/bellhop was very nice and told us we could leave our car parked out front while we checked in and then let us know how to self park (garage is underground He even advised us that we could take the elevator directly to our floor from parking garage so we didn't have to bring our bags into the lobby unless we wanted to - for a bell hop that was very nice of him to let us know. Check in was friendly and easy.
Room: We were on the 8th floor-
Living area: At first glance was more then enough room for the 2 of us (the suite had a couch, coffee table, work table, bar area with fridge and sink and flat screen LG tv). We did have a connecting door to the next room which I didn't notice at first until we heard somone burp and it sounded like they were standing right next to us, but were actually in the next room. This was a major concern b/c I thought we would be up all night with noisy neighbors, but that was the first and last we heard from them - if you had noisy neighbors it might have been an issue. There was a balcony with sliding doors which we did not go out on. There was also a glass filled with cigarette butts on the balcony on our non-smoking floor. The fridge also had a 1/2 empty bottle of water in it from the previous guest. As I've read in other reveiews, at first glance it is very nice, but when you start looking closer there are details that have been overlooked such as a thorough cleaning.
The bedroom area was nice. It had frosted double doors that connected to the living area. I loved the bed and pillows but it might have been too soft for some. There was a smaller tv (not flatscreen) in the bedroom.
The bathroom had an odd set up: seperate bath, glass shower stall and toliet in one room, then sliders to the bedroom where the sink was. A bit of an odd set up which I didn't like but its not as if we bought the place so it was fine for a vacation. There was also a door that connected to the living area. Provided bath and bodyworks shampoo/conditioner and lotion was a nice touch. Bathroom seemed cleaner then the rest of the suite .
Check out: We checked out but wanted to leave our car in their parking garage for a few hours while we did some sightseeing in the area and the concierge was very nice and said not a problem at all for a few hours even though we had checked out.
Lobby Bar - we stopped in for a last drink and the bartender was very friendly however the bar had no ambience at all, as it was basically in the lobby, and drinks were expensive (as expected at a hotel). Nothing unexpeted here - just an FYI
Pros: Great price on priceline. Good location, easy to self-park, room was good size, comfy bed, friendly staff - I gave this hotel an average rating because it is average for the cost that I would have paid if I didn't use priceline but I would say above average for what we paid
cons: room needs a more thorough cleaning, $13.95+ tax for internet per day, $20/night self parking (as in most hotels so nothing unusual), possibly very thin walls/connecting doors - these are all small issues to me though but wanted to put them in the reveiw as an FYI
Overall, I enjoyed our stay and if I got another great deal on pricing I would be very happy to stay here. We moved to a Buckhead hotel for the next 2 nights of our holiday weekend to be close to the 4th of July fireworks show at Lenox mall, but on our next trip to Atlanta I would want to stay in midtown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- They say location is everything ... we have that and much more. Located in the Heart of Midtown (Atlanta's corporate & cultural center), the Marriott Suites Midtown caters to every guest. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, you can trust that all your expectaions will be exceeded. The Marriott Suites Midtown is within easy walking distance of museaums, theatres, nightlife (Crescent Avenue) and our city's finest restaurants, as well as the Arts Center MARTA station (Atlanta's rapid rail systm). We offer 254 spacious suites, each with a seperate living room, bedroom (with either 1 king or 2 double beds), oversized bathrooms with seperate tub & shower, voice mail, indoor/outdor pool, and 24-hour fitness center. We also offer Room Service and our own restaurant & lounge (Grille 35), open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily. The Marriott Midtown Suites embraces its roots in the finest in hospitality, Southern Style of course! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown Hotel Atlanta
- Atlanta Marriott Hotel Midtown
- Marriott Atlanta