“Great Hotel, Great Experience!”

Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown
Ranked #66 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 8 August 2009

We've stayed at this hotel several times and will plan to stay there again! The suites are the perfect size for a small family! We've also stayed there sans children & it was equally great. The staff is so friendly, the service fast for extra pillows or whatever you need. The location is terrific for great restaurants, shopping & sightseeing. We'll be back!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown

Reviewed 7 August 2009

I stayed at this Marriott Suites for 3 nights and everything was wonderful. The rooms are spacious with a separate living room and bedroom. There is a minibar with a small fridge. The bathroom has separate tub and shower. There is a TV in both the bedroom and the living area. Valet parking was quick, the on-site restaurant was pretty decent, and the staff was always helpful. There is construction in the area, but it wasn't too bad. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2009

I had a fantastic stay at the Marriott Suites Midtown in Atlanta this past week. With all the hundreds of hotels in the Atlanta area, I usually decide what area I want to stay in and then try to find the best deal from there. As it turns out the best possible deal for the money was this hotel on 14th street, right in the very heart of the city. It was $90 per night AAA rate with a 3 night minimum. I was in town for business the first 2 nights so I just stayed an extra day to enjoy the city on the weekend. I found the room to be very large and well appointed. The separate web bar area with mini-fridge was very handy. Unlike the min-fridges in most hotels that seem rigged to never get cold, this one kept my drinks and breakfast items extremely cold. They granted my request to get a high floor so as to try and minimize any street noise. Although there is still construction on 14th street, it never was loud in my room. One helpful tip I will share with others considering a stay at this hotel or others in the area: if you arrive by car take a moment to circle the block and check out the rates at some of the parking garages and lots nearby. It is possible to save money by NOT paying $24 for valet or $18 for self-parking especially on weekdays. There is even some free and legal street parking just 1 block away on 13th St. off West Peachtree and various lots that allow all day parking for $3. I did find that most of these lots raised the rates on Friday and Saturday nights because of the many restaurants and clubs nearby. So while we took advantage of those options during the day during the week, by our last night we did pay $18 to park it at the hotel itself.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night over 4th of July weekend, we got a great deal from priceline and overall I was pleased with our stay.

Location - within walking distance to bars, resturaunts, Piedmont Park, Margaret Mitchell house, etc.. A bit difficult to get to as 14th street is under construction but after a few wrong turns we found it easily enough. The neighborhood was a mixture of business and some residential and we felt safe during the day and late night. .

Parking: We self parked in the garage. The valet/bellhop was very nice and told us we could leave our car parked out front while we checked in and then let us know how to self park (garage is underground He even advised us that we could take the elevator directly to our floor from parking garage so we didn't have to bring our bags into the lobby unless we wanted to - for a bell hop that was very nice of him to let us know. Check in was friendly and easy.

Room: We were on the 8th floor-

Living area: At first glance was more then enough room for the 2 of us (the suite had a couch, coffee table, work table, bar area with fridge and sink and flat screen LG tv). We did have a connecting door to the next room which I didn't notice at first until we heard somone burp and it sounded like they were standing right next to us, but were actually in the next room. This was a major concern b/c I thought we would be up all night with noisy neighbors, but that was the first and last we heard from them - if you had noisy neighbors it might have been an issue. There was a balcony with sliding doors which we did not go out on. There was also a glass filled with cigarette butts on the balcony on our non-smoking floor. The fridge also had a 1/2 empty bottle of water in it from the previous guest. As I've read in other reveiews, at first glance it is very nice, but when you start looking closer there are details that have been overlooked such as a thorough cleaning.

The bedroom area was nice. It had frosted double doors that connected to the living area. I loved the bed and pillows but it might have been too soft for some. There was a smaller tv (not flatscreen) in the bedroom.

The bathroom had an odd set up: seperate bath, glass shower stall and toliet in one room, then sliders to the bedroom where the sink was. A bit of an odd set up which I didn't like but its not as if we bought the place so it was fine for a vacation. There was also a door that connected to the living area. Provided bath and bodyworks shampoo/conditioner and lotion was a nice touch. Bathroom seemed cleaner then the rest of the suite .

Check out: We checked out but wanted to leave our car in their parking garage for a few hours while we did some sightseeing in the area and the concierge was very nice and said not a problem at all for a few hours even though we had checked out.

Lobby Bar - we stopped in for a last drink and the bartender was very friendly however the bar had no ambience at all, as it was basically in the lobby, and drinks were expensive (as expected at a hotel). Nothing unexpeted here - just an FYI

Pros: Great price on priceline. Good location, easy to self-park, room was good size, comfy bed, friendly staff - I gave this hotel an average rating because it is average for the cost that I would have paid if I didn't use priceline but I would say above average for what we paid

cons: room needs a more thorough cleaning, $13.95+ tax for internet per day, $20/night self parking (as in most hotels so nothing unusual), possibly very thin walls/connecting doors - these are all small issues to me though but wanted to put them in the reveiw as an FYI

Overall, I enjoyed our stay and if I got another great deal on pricing I would be very happy to stay here. We moved to a Buckhead hotel for the next 2 nights of our holiday weekend to be close to the 4th of July fireworks show at Lenox mall, but on our next trip to Atlanta I would want to stay in midtown

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cynthia S
Reviewed 30 June 2009

We checked in last Friday afternoon. Our room was ready. One bedroom suite. We paid $129 per night. Our room was on the 16th floor and overlooked the front of the hotel. There is extensive road construction going on down there but we had no noise from this as we were up so high. We had a small balcony that had fairly decent views. At least my small-town living children thought it was great! The room had all new carpet, sofa bed, chairs, furnishings, etc... The refrigerator kept things good and cold. The pool area is older and appears not to have been refurbished like the rest of the hotel. Still an OK area though and really is like 2 small pools; one indoor and one outdoor connected by a swim-through tunnel. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. We did not have breakfast there. We did not use the business center/internet.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2009

During our recent stay with the Midtown Suites, we did enjoy our stay. The rooms are extremely nice and the staff was very helpful. But, the price of this place is RIDICULOUS. Granted, the rate was average for a place of this quality, but the extras they throw at you really get out of hand. Parking is 18 dollars a day. I believe parking at a hotel should be included. Free Wi-Fi is available in the lobby, but in order to get it in your room, you must pay an extra 13 dollars. Breakfast is not included, in fact, there isn't even a discount being a guest. Two plates off the breakfast buffet was another 18 dollars. Our rate was 189 a night, but they nickled and dimed us until we paid 240 dollars for one night in an average hotel. I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2009

This was a great hotel for our business conference. The staff was always there too help, even the contractors who were renovating one of the floors were happy to point you in the right direction. Hotel construction is never fun to encounter, but the hotel did a good job of keeping it contained. Getting to the pool/fitness was a bit messy, but it couldn't really be helped.
The rooms are huge and relaxing. Although it's not right in the middle of the business district, it's not a bad walk. And you basically trip over a Starbuck's when you go out the front door.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business