“Nice/quaint hotel great neighborhood close to MARTA”
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #16 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
St. Louis, MO
“Nice/quaint hotel great neighborhood close to MARTA”
Reviewed 14 April 2011

Just got back from our 2 night stay at the Artmore in April 2011. The hotel was great, best feature for me was the location, literally across the street from the MARTA Arts Center stop which is the subway system for Atlanta. We were able to go anywhere in the city in minutes using this hotel as a base and a great place to sleep and grab a drink. Just a few stops on the train from Coca Cola Center, Georgia Dome, Olympic Park, CNN and pretty much anything else. The hotel is a small, older hotel but very clean and updated. Bathrooms are small but adequate for a short stay. Breakfast was good with hot eggs, biscuits/gravy, grits and the usual fare. Bar was great we loved hanging out there and nice atmosphere. Neighborhood was great, very safe, we walked around several times even very late at night and never felt uncomfortable. DaVinci's pizza is just a block away and highly recommended for a quick lunch or a beer. Artmore was a great place to stay for a few nights and the courtyard made for a nice unique place to relax. Business center with internet access was free and you can print your boarding passes. Great little place to stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
Dear db70disco,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so glad that you had a great experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient midtown location. It is so easy to hop on the Marta train, and see what Atlanta has to offer! There is also so much to do right outside our doorsteps. I was also happy to read that you enjoyed our courtyard. It is truly an oasis in the city, and a space that is very unique. We look forward to having you back with us.

Michael Halpner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 April 2011

Just got back from three nights at the Artmore. The room was nice, clean, and well-decorated. Room size was fine for a single traveler, but some of my colleagues got absolutely massive two-level suites on the third floor. If you're lucky enough to score one of those, you won't want to stay anywhere else after that.

The best part of my stay was the warm hospitality offered by every single staff member, from the housekeepers to the maintenance man to the woman at the front desk. Each and every person made a point of looking me in the eye, saying hello, and asking how my stay was. I didn't have any problems or make any special requests while I was there, but I know that if I had I'd have been well taken care of.

I'd definitely recommend the Artmore if you're traveling to Atlanta.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the two-level suites!
1 Thank SeattleAndy
Dear SeattleAndy,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a great time with us. Next time, we will have to make sure that you too get one of our fantastic two level loft suites. They are truly unique, and something you won't find at any chain hotel. Thanks again for staying, and please hurry back!

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I really enjoyed staying at this fantastic boutique hotel in Midtown Atlanta. The rooms are spacious and clean. I booked a king suit and was surprised to find that it is a two story loft! I don't know how I missed this when booking but was delighted upon entering the room. It mimicked a trendy loft style apartment! The staff were always friendly and helpful whenever we had inquiries or questions. Sitting outside in the courtyard is a MUST for anyone staying there! It's beautiful and the firepit makes it so cozy. It's one block from Center Stage and The High Museum of Art. It is also across the street from MARTA and the free shuttl to Atlantic Station. This was super convenient. As mentioned in other reviews it's only blocks away from a Starbucks and within walking distance of several good resturaunts and bars on Crescent Ave. It's also part of the Stash hotel network. I can't wait to plan another trip to Midtown so I can enjoy the Artmore again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear LiveLife72,
Thanks so much for the taking the time to write this review! I am so happy to hear that we delighted you with our uniqueness, charm, location, and service. I was also glad to read that you stayed in one of our loft suites. They are truly wonderful, and something you won't find in one of the chain hotels. I am looking forward to sharing this with our team, and to welcoming you back the the Artmore soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Spent a lovely couple of days exploring the city from this convenient location. Although I arrived well after 3:00am, I was greeted promptly and with a smile. Valet parking was a complete joy. Loved the hotel bar and the courtyard fire/fountain. Can't wait for a return visit later this summer.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank beelzecub
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2011
Dear Beezlecub,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is so important to us. I am so glad that you had a great experience with us. You mentioned that valet parking was really easy, and that is something we have worked hard to acheive over the past year. I am also glad that you got to relax in our courtyard- a space that is truly unique. I look forward to sharing this review with our team, and we look forward to having you back later in the summer!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I stayed at the Artmore Hotel last week and I have nothing but great things to share. The service was friendly and genuine. Everybody was extremely professional, attentive and always readily available.
The hotel has a beautiful courtyard which looks like a Spanish hacienda. It is great to sit by the fireplace at night and enjoy the ambiance (along with a nice cocktail).
I stayed on the 3rd floor, in a loft style (2-story) room. It was very nice and cozy, I really felt like home!
If you are in Atlanta, I definitely suggest you to check out the Artmore Hotel. It is conveniently located next to the Marta train station, in midtown, so it is very easy to get around.

Dear Aghun,
Thanks so much for taking the time to share this review! I am so glad that you got experience our friendly staff, our fabulous courtyard, and our truly unique two story suites. The Artmore is a hotel like no-other, and we are very lucky we have guests like you to impress! Thanks again for staying with us, and please hurry back.

Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Overall, a nice place. But it wasn't what I expected from the website. It wasn't as chic as I expected, the decor in the hallways is just OK and the signage was a bit frustrating (how to find the elevator for example). I like a warm atmosphere in my hotel rooms, and it was a bit cold. Once I turned on the thermostat (that I had to find on my own -- it read 65 degrees) and warmed the room up, I felt better about the room. Then the toilet backed up-- it was fixed right away, but it still required me to leave my room when I was tired. The people working in hotel were very hospitable and polite-- great service. In the evening the seafood smelled really good coming from the restaurant/bar... so that seemed promising. The room was quite large for the price and there was a fridge, microwave and sink (kitchenette) which could save people money when visiting. It's around the corner from the cultural center, also a plus.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Oliveseeker
Dear Oliveseeker,
Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I am glad you you had some positive things to say about your experience at the Artmore. I apologize that it wasn't exactly what you were expecting, and that your toilet backed up while you were here. I am happy that we fixed the problem quickly, and that you also found our team to be very friendly. As far as the hallways, we purposely made them tasteful and subdued, so the rooms and the lobby/bar/ and courtyard would be the stars. I do hope that you give us another chance when you are back in Atlanta. Thanks again for your review.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 5 April 2011

The Artmore is conveniently located across the street from the MARTA station - quite convenient and really no need to rent a car. The service was genuinely friendly, not learned from an SOP manual, which is important. The rooms a large compared to almost any hotel room. In fact you'll feel like you are staying in an apartment and not a hotel. You'll especially want to sit fireside with your favorite beverage - great place to entertain friends, clients or yourself!

Room Tip: Book a room on the 3rd floor for extra comfort
Dear Pointjunkie,
Thanks so much for sharing your review of the Artmore Hotel. I am very happy to hear that you had a great experience with us, and I look forward to sharing this with our team. Like you, we also love our courtyard, and the amazing firepit- what better way to relax after a tough day! You also mentioned the size of rooms, which is hard to come by in any city. We have some of the most unique two story suites in Atlanta, so I am very glad that you got to experience one of them. Thanks again, and please come back soon!