“Excellent Hotel, with an awesome courtyard.”
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #14 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I spent a week here in mid April 2011, and I loved it. The hotel is so convenient being directly across from a marta station (Arts Center I think). The staff was friendly, the bar staff was great putting on a hockey game for an away from home Canadian.

I also had some of my colleagues to the courtyard for drinks and a bite to eat. The food was good, not amazing, but decent.
The only negative part was the high speed internet was some of the worst I have seen, and I have seen bad. If you are in a room at the end of one of the halls you can't even get signal. I know they plan to fix it, and I chatted with them about it. The next day there was a bottle of wine in my room with a note apologizing for the internet troubles.

I stayed in one of their loft style rooms. I found it really stunning. Skylights, a view of the courtyard, and a shower so big you could get lost in it. I have to come back to Atlanta for 11 nights at the end of April, and I have already booked one of their 2 bedroom loft rooms for my wife, our daughter and I.

Room Tip: Ask for a loft room, they are great.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank morrigan613
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2011

Dear Morrigan613,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so happy that despite a few issues, you still had a great time with us, and already planning to come back! I am very happy that you got to experience one of our loft suites. They are huge, and unlike anything you will find at another hotel. I also wanted to assure you that we are addressing those wireless spots where coverage is a bit lapse. Overall, you can get get great reception in the building. We are adding new points to cover a couple of dead spots like the one you experienced. Anyway, I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in one of our two bedroom suites.

There are newer reviews for Artmore Hotel

Reviewed 16 April 2011

Even when Hotwire screwed up our reservation, the super friendly attendant at the Artmore helped make it right on check in. This chic little hotel offers a ton of character, and comfortable rooms for an outstanding value.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TexTraveller78

Dear TexTraveller78,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so glad that despite a mistake with your reservation, our team was still able to make it an exceptional stay for you. I am very glad that you had such a great experience with us. I look forward to sharing this with the team, and to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2011

This is a Great Hotel. Excellent Service, Great Value and Very Good Location In Midtown Atlanta. I Travel To Atlanta Frequently and I Would Say this is One of My Favorite Places to Stay. Not Too Big, Not Too Small, Just Right Kind of Place. It is Literally Right Across from MARTA, Which Allows Easy Access to the Entire City and To the Airport if Necessary. Can't Beat that! Easy Walk to Starbucks, Many Restaurants, Georgia Tech Campus, Offices in Midtown and Piedmont Park. Great Breakfast Buffett to Get Your Day Off to a Good Start; Ample Coffee, Juice, Bagels, Breads, Fruits and Cereals and Much More. I Would Highly Recommend the Artmore Hotel to both the Business and Recreational Traveler. It is a Cool, Hip, Fun Place. Very Nice Bar and Amazing Courtyard. Really Nice Place. I Am Happy to Stay Here Again in the Near Future. Good Job.

Room Tip: Ask Front Desk for Quiet Room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mrfoxycat

Dear Mr. foxycat,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so glad that you had a great experience with us, and that you shared so many positive things about your time at the Artmore. I am looking forward to sharing this review with our team, and to welcoming you back very soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed 14 April 2011

Just got back from our 2 night stay at the Artmore in April 2011. The hotel was great, best feature for me was the location, literally across the street from the MARTA Arts Center stop which is the subway system for Atlanta. We were able to go anywhere in the city in minutes using this hotel as a base and a great place to sleep and grab a drink. Just a few stops on the train from Coca Cola Center, Georgia Dome, Olympic Park, CNN and pretty much anything else. The hotel is a small, older hotel but very clean and updated. Bathrooms are small but adequate for a short stay. Breakfast was good with hot eggs, biscuits/gravy, grits and the usual fare. Bar was great we loved hanging out there and nice atmosphere. Neighborhood was great, very safe, we walked around several times even very late at night and never felt uncomfortable. DaVinci's pizza is just a block away and highly recommended for a quick lunch or a beer. Artmore was a great place to stay for a few nights and the courtyard made for a nice unique place to relax. Business center with internet access was free and you can print your boarding passes. Great little place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends

Dear db70disco,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so glad that you had a great experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient midtown location. It is so easy to hop on the Marta train, and see what Atlanta has to offer! There is also so much to do right outside our doorsteps. I was also happy to read that you enjoyed our courtyard. It is truly an oasis in the city, and a space that is very unique. We look forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed 12 April 2011

Just got back from three nights at the Artmore. The room was nice, clean, and well-decorated. Room size was fine for a single traveler, but some of my colleagues got absolutely massive two-level suites on the third floor. If you're lucky enough to score one of those, you won't want to stay anywhere else after that.

The best part of my stay was the warm hospitality offered by every single staff member, from the housekeepers to the maintenance man to the woman at the front desk. Each and every person made a point of looking me in the eye, saying hello, and asking how my stay was. I didn't have any problems or make any special requests while I was there, but I know that if I had I'd have been well taken care of.

I'd definitely recommend the Artmore if you're traveling to Atlanta.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the two-level suites!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SeattleAndy

Dear SeattleAndy,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a great time with us. Next time, we will have to make sure that you too get one of our fantastic two level loft suites. They are truly unique, and something you won't find at any chain hotel. Thanks again for staying, and please hurry back!

Reviewed 11 April 2011

I really enjoyed staying at this fantastic boutique hotel in Midtown Atlanta. The rooms are spacious and clean. I booked a king suit and was surprised to find that it is a two story loft! I don't know how I missed this when booking but was delighted upon entering the room. It mimicked a trendy loft style apartment! The staff were always friendly and helpful whenever we had inquiries or questions. Sitting outside in the courtyard is a MUST for anyone staying there! It's beautiful and the firepit makes it so cozy. It's one block from Center Stage and The High Museum of Art. It is also across the street from MARTA and the free shuttl to Atlantic Station. This was super convenient. As mentioned in other reviews it's only blocks away from a Starbucks and within walking distance of several good resturaunts and bars on Crescent Ave. It's also part of the Stash hotel network. I can't wait to plan another trip to Midtown so I can enjoy the Artmore again!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear LiveLife72,
Thanks so much for the taking the time to write this review! I am so happy to hear that we delighted you with our uniqueness, charm, location, and service. I was also glad to read that you stayed in one of our loft suites. They are truly wonderful, and something you won't find in one of the chain hotels. I am looking forward to sharing this with our team, and to welcoming you back the the Artmore soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2011

Spent a lovely couple of days exploring the city from this convenient location. Although I arrived well after 3:00am, I was greeted promptly and with a smile. Valet parking was a complete joy. Loved the hotel bar and the courtyard fire/fountain. Can't wait for a return visit later this summer.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank beelzecub
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2011

Dear Beezlecub,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is so important to us. I am so glad that you had a great experience with us. You mentioned that valet parking was really easy, and that is something we have worked hard to acheive over the past year. I am also glad that you got to relax in our courtyard- a space that is truly unique. I look forward to sharing this review with our team, and we look forward to having you back later in the summer!