“Best Place to stay! Had a great time and will stay here again.”
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #15 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Birmingham, Alabama
“Best Place to stay! Had a great time and will stay here again.”
Reviewed 9 June 2011

We went to Atlanta for a concert at Center Stage and the Artmore is within a block so its location was perfect. The employees are very courteous, helpful with a quick check in and great price. A staff member even helped us find the computers to print out our Aquarium tickets for the next day as well as gave us tips to late night restaurants that delivered. The food was delivered fast and hit the spot. Props to Robbie. The hotel was exceptionally clean, quiet and decorated very nice and modern. Our room was perfect and bed extremely comfortable. The outdoor patio area was really neat and sitting areas very comfortable and perfect for enjoying the night sky and sipping a tastey adult beverage. We absolutely LOVED the Artmore and will be staying there again in a few months. Miss you guys and keep up the wonderful hospitality and great service.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2011
Dear Shizzdizz,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review! I am so happy to hear that you had a great time staying with us while you visited Center Stage. I look forward to sharing your comments with the entire team, especially Robbie! Thanks again, and please hurry back!

Michael Halpner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Greek first
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 June 2011

The Artmore is right across the street from the MARTA station. It's a small hotel with a beautiful outdoor area with seating around a modern gas firepit. The lobby and hotel rooms are very atractive and clean.

Room Tip: I called the number on the website and got a very.
1 Thank julifer007
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
Dear julifer007,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review! I am so glad that you had a great experience with, and that you got to enjoy many of the things that make the Artmore a truly unique hotel. Thanks again, and please hurry back,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2011

My 3 friends and I ventured to Atlanta for Memorial Day weekend. We had heard that staying in the downtown core was a bit shady at night for 4 women walking, and that Midtown was just outside of downtown and would be a perfect choice.
We are SO happy we went in that direction. The Artmore was PERFECT. I use that term very rarely. It was PERFECT.
We went to enjoy the city, shop, go to a couple of parties, visit friends and family that live there - so not TOO much time was going to be spent in the hotel. But while we WERE in the hotel, we were very pleased!
From the moment we drove up, the concierge greeted us outside and helped us with our bags. Then we were introduced to the front desk staff (PAM WAS GREAT!!!!!!) who treated us like we were coming HOME. :) Made us feel SO comfortable. Catered to our EVERY need (and we needed more than what was reasonable haha...4 women...what can I say haha).
The hotel isn't tiny, but it isn't so big that you are just a number. They treat you wonderfully there. It has that bed and breakfast FEEL of being SO comfortable and at HOME, but yet it also has a highly stylish decor and an AMAZING courtyard where you have the CHOICE as to whether you wish to mingle with other guests or not.
The hotel rooms were decorated very well, and were very spacious. The beds were very comfortable as well.
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!! We didn't rent a car, so we were taking Marta everywhere (you can get an unlimited "Breeze" pass with Marta for $12 for an entire weekend and we LOVED it. The station is a 3 min walk (yes, I timed it haha) away and you are only 4 stops to the downtown CORE. Simply perfect.
As well, you are a 12 min walk (yes, I timed that as well lol) to Atlantic Station - a GREAT outdoor/indoor mall/eatery area that was just established over the past few years. AMAZING options for shopping and eating. If you don't choose to walk, you an just hop on the FREE shuttle that leaves from the Marta station across the street and it will take you RIGHT to Atlantic Station.

I cannot WAIT to get back to Atlanta - not just to enjoy the city for what it has to offer, but also to go back home...to The Artmore!!

Pam...we miss you already!! lol (you know who we are...the 4 crazy women from rom 103 haha) :)

1 Thank Dwanb
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2011
Dear Dwanb,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review! I am so glad that you found us, and that you chose to stay at the Artmore! I am so happy that you had such a great experience with us. I look forward to telling Pam, and the rest of the team that the four crazy women from room 103 had such a great time! Thanks again, and please hurry back soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I love this hotel and have stayed there many times on business and w/ family and friends. I keep going back to it for many reasons: It's unique (all of the rooms are different), the staff is always friendly, it has a great breakfast, it's convenient to everything in Atlanta Midtown, it's very clean, it's upscale chic for a reasonable price,etc., etc., etc. Parking is not free, however, so plan on paying for it unless you are taking MARTA.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank pickychick68
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2011
Dear pickychick68,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so glad that you have stayed with us so many times, and have discovered so many of the things that make Artmore a truly unique experience. Please contact me when you are planning to come back so I can handle your arrangements personally. Thanks again for being a fan of the Artmore!

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I recently stayed here while on a trip out of town and have to say I have honestly never been compelled to write a review of a hotel as I have this one. The staff from the manager down to the cleaning staff could not have been more friendly during my stay. The hotel was immaculate and well decorated in contemporary styling. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for comforts and a friendly stay. Thank you Artmore. and Nick for all your help.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JakeFL
Dear JakeFL,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We are truly honored that we are the first hotel you ever felt compelled to write a review about! I am so glad that you chose to stay with us, and that you had a great experience. I will be sure to share this review with Nick, and the rest of the team. Thanks again, and please hurry back soon!

Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I stayed at the Artmore Hotel in dowtown atlanta this past weekend, and it was wonderful!The aesthetics of the hotel were awsome, it was absolutely beautiful. It had a contemporary vibe, but yet a home like feel. But most of all everyone was great. From the time I arrived I felt like a VIP guest. The parking attendent, front desk representative, and managment provided superior customer service. I definitely will be back and will stay here every time I'm in atlanta!!!!!

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KC_2111
Dear KC_2111,

Thanks so much for choosing to stay at the Artmore, and for taking the time to write this review. I am so glad that you had a great experience with us, and that you discovered the best part of the Artmore- the people who are here to make your stay a great one! I look forward to sharing this wonderful feedback with the entire team. Thanks again, and please hurry back soon.

Safe Travels.

Milledgeville, Georgia
Reviewed 31 May 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Artmore Hotel (Room 310) for 2 nights during Memorial Day weekend. I normally stay at a Hilton Garden, but decided to splurge on something a bit different. Factoring in applicable taxes, fees, and parking, our room ended up being approximately $150 a night. I do not consider myself to be a spoiled, high maintenance person, but I do feel that if one is going to charge a certain rate for a hotel room, then the room should reflect this. While all the employees we encountered were extremely nice and helpful and the location is great, there seemed to be a general lack of attention to details:

1) A Keurig coffee maker but no complimentary coffee. I had to pay $2 per serving in order to have coffee in the morning. While the Artmore does indeed offer complimentary coffee, one needs to go into the lobby to get it. When I get up, I like to read in bed with coffee, as well as have some when I am getting ready. I have never not had complimentary coffee in my room.
2) The "closet" area was a recessed area covered by a very cheap-looking curtain that was very difficult to open and close, and trying to hang up my clothes on the awkward hangers required the skills of a puppeteer. The shelf was a grungy, plastic, wire model. If you are going to be the type of hotel that charges $2 for in-room coffee, then you cannot have a closet set-up such as this.
3) The bathroom was tiny with very little space for toiletries. As the only mirrors were in the bathroom, I ended up up having to go back and forth from one room to the next to get ready as there was barely room on the sink for much more than a toothbrush. Additionally, there was no exhaust fan.
4) Shabby paint and wallpaper. This is a shame because the main elements of the room - furniture, carpet, and artwork -- are quite tasteful. However, the wallpaper was peeling noticeably in several places, and the paint, especially in and around the bathroom, looked as if a team of inebriated sixth graders applied it.
5) The television reception was spotty at best.
6) The wireless connection was spotty at best.
7) The items in the welcome packet were worn, some were misprinted, and some of the information was out of date.
8) The bed linens and comforter were stiff, and I felt as if I was sleeping in an oven mitt.
9) The stairwell seemed filthy, with sticky stairs and a stale scent.
10) The food that we ordered from room service was average.

Again, I do not think that I am high maintenance (I am happy with my 1990 Volvo and 3-year old Macbook), but I do feel that a hotel needs to offer things to reflect its rates. I think that the Artmore has many great things going for it (again, location and very friendly staff), but really needs to focus on the details in order to be a truly great hotel.

Room Tip: Go to the Hilton Garden instead.
Dear KateZucker,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review, and for staying with us at the Artmore. While the majority of our guests leave us as fans of the Artmore, we clearly did not make enough of an effort to impress you while you were with us. Although we love to hear positive feedback, comments such as yours that offer constructive criticism are really more valuable, as they will help us improve. Some of the the things you have mentioned we are actually working on. We are in the process of changing all of the closet shelving to a better looking wood shelf. We are also installing a hook so guests can easily tie back the curtain when it doesn't slide easily. I am sorry that you experienced these imperfections. I would love the chance to make it up to you. Please contact me so I can make it right. Thanks again.