“Unique to Atlanta - loved this place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #17 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
North Carolina
“Unique to Atlanta - loved this place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

Last year we were in Sobe and loved the Art Deco style hotels. We were flying from Atlanta to Cancun and decided to play tourist for a day while there. I found the Artmore just looking through hotels and so glad we did. It is so much like the boutique hotels in South Beach. Great reception from the staff. Very helpful with maps and directions. Very classy old rooms updated to our taste. View- not so good but didn't come to stare out the windows. Really fantastic patio/veranda with comfortable seating. Grab a drink at the bar and step out to enjoy the laid- back atmosphere. Breakfast was $10/p but when we had a look we backed out as it resembled the fare at a breakfast included chain(you insert a name). We felt bad for the cook as she greeted us so warmly but we were wanting a more substantial meal before a long flight. Very affordable place to stay Midtown.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jamesgangx5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
Dunwoody, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

Due to a broken AC at our home, we spent four nights this week in hotels. Two of those, we were at the Artmore at the suggestion of a friend. I love being reminded of all the reasons why I love boutique hotels. The staff is personable - front desk, bartenders, housekeeping. They were very accommodating and receptive to my overly-dramatic 6 year old, joking around with him and making sure he felt included. After we checked out the first night and found that our AC wasn't going to be fixed again, I called and they were more than happy to welcome our family back. We utilized the bar (they make a mean shirley temple for the kids) and the breakfast. Everything was fantastic and they really helped us make our less-than-exciting displacement from our home, a mini vacation in our own city.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank JanaAnthoine
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
Dear JanaAnthoine,
What a great way to start the day! Thanks so much for this fantastic review! Thanks so much for staying with us, and for taking the time to write it. Although I am sorry that your AC was broken, I am glad that you had the opportunity to stay with us, and to experience many of the things that make the Artmore a unique place. Please come back soon- we will have a Shirley Temple waiting for your little one!

Safe Travels,

Michael Halpner
Waveland, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

The room we stayed in was beautifully decorated and featured a comfortable bed. (No sign of bedbugs either which I know is becoming a huge issue with several properties in Atlanta.) We had no issue with noise, none. Our room was very quiet which was fantastic as we were tired from driving all day. The view wasn't great as our window faced the side of another building, however the location is fantastic. My husband and I were able to walk all over Midtown (between storms) and many of the places we planned to visit were nearby.
The staff was incredibly friendly, and knowledgeable of the area. If we had any questions about what to see/do/eat, they were able to provide us with lists and recommendations. The lounge staff were also incredible, we had a great time relaxing and chatting after a long day. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to get away from bland corporate decor and poor customer service.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank belleamoura
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Artmore Hotel for two nights during the Fourth of July weekend. We’re from Atlanta, but recently relocated, and needed a central place to crash in the city. The Artmore was such a pleasant surprise! I’d seen it many times when I lived in Atlanta, but, of course, never had a reason to stay there.

Almost everything about our stay was perfect. The hotel is in a great location – across the street from the Arts Center MARTA station and within walking distance of restaurants, bars, and Atlantic Station. The rooms are very spacious and have a wet bar area equipped with a mini fridge and sink. There’s even a courtyard area where you can lounge. Oh, and the price – excellent!

The only downsides… Walls are kind of thin, and you can hear noise from the hallways – kind of annoying at 3:00 am. Also, breakfast is just okay. It was included in our rate, but it normally costs $10. Unless it’s included in your rate, skip their breakfast and go down the street to one of the local eateries.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank QTPyePop
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

Thank you to Katie for all the help coordinating a reservation for my family! Katie, you are a real gem and I truly appreciate the superior customer service you have provided. I feel so confident about choosing the Artmore Hotel for my family's visit to Atlanta.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank lulucat4
Englewood, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

We enjoyed this hotel very much. It is quaint, clean, and comfortable. The patio lounge was a great place to relax after spending a day at the Aquarium. The inside bartender is a true mixologist. The staff is friendly and helpful. The MARTA station is just across the street, as well as a free shuttle to the Atlantic Center(?) shopping center. We walked to good local restaurants from the hotel; however, we are able walkers. The downside might be the bathroom which was small and the water was not consistently hot in the shower. We never figured out the food service in the hotel. It was a holiday week-end which meant they were running on smaller staff. However, the kitchenette in the room was great for snacks with a microwave,sink, and mini refrigerator.
We would not recommend this hotel to travelers that are expecting high-end accommodations, but it is charming and we felt right at home. We would go back anytime and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank lightningwhelk
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

Have visited this place before and Customer service was average, but still sent ahead and stayed there due to location. The 2nd visit was scary, we started to receive prank calls 2 am in the morning. When we voiced our concerns to the Mgr, he shrugged it off! looks like it something that may happen often there. No one from Mgt followed up with me about concern. I would expect more at least an apology. . Guess as long they had our business there was nothing they needed to do for us!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tripp123
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2011
Dear Tripp123,
I am so sorry to read that you did not have a good experience with us. This is the first I have heard of your concerns, and I would like to address them personally with you. Please contact me so I can find out more information. From your review here, we cannot obtain exactly who you are, and when you stayed with us. I look forward to making this right with you. My apologies again.

Best Regards,