“2nd visit better than the 1st!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #17 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Silver Spring, Maryland
“2nd visit better than the 1st!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

This was our 2nd weeklong stay @Artmore with 2 kids. A STEAL at $140/night (summer deal, included daily breakfast and free valet). Where can you go for that price and get a room the size of an apartment with TWO walk-in closets, 2 bedrooms and 2 baths with jetted tubs - in the heart of midtown Atlanta? The 2-level "penthouse" suite is perfect for our family. The LR sofa's a bed (if you need more sleeping space), and the downstairs closet is HUGE. They've upgraded since our last stay. We enjoyed the spiffy new stainless kitchen, Ipod docks and (new!) firepit/fountain in the relaxing courtyard. Service was friendly. We were almost always greeted by the front desk as we came and went daily. One front-desk employee remembered us from TWO YEARS AGO. Valets were VERY helpful. There are some minor things I might improve on but really, I won't even mention them because if you're THAT picky, you won't enjoy this beautiful hotel or ANY other!

Room Tip: There are only 6 penthouse suites. If you want one, book early.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Newzmama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
New Smyrna Beach, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

I tried to book a bank of rooms for a wedding early next year. Their sales person, Alyse, was impossible to get ahold of and after I set up a telephone appointment with her she never called back. Tried going through the hotel manager, left 2 messages, and he never called back.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank NSBfoodie
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Dear Ms. Katrina D,

Thanks so much for providing this feedback. I am so sorry that we did not live up to our own standards, which is to delight each guest and future guest we come into contact with. We actually did speak on the phone during the miscommunication with Alyse, and I am glad that I had the opportunity to apologize to you at that time as well. I know that you and Alyse had emailed back and forth on several occasions, and the tasting that you wanted to do was never scheduled. Both I and Alyse apologized, and offered to set up your tasting. Due to how unique the courtyard is, and the number of inquiries we get to rent the space, we failed to follow up quickly enough with you. I am so sorry we did not follow through. I truly hope that your day turns out to be a great one at whichever site you chose. If we can ever be service in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night. It is gorgeous and exceeded our expectations. The staff was very nice and very willing to make us happy. The room was very clean and had a wonderful charm to it. During our stay there was also an art show in the center courtyard. It was nice to stroll around and to look at the art that local artist created. Very relaxing. This hotel is also in the middle of everything. Anything that we wanted to do in Atlanta was only 5-10 minutes away. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Katrina D
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
Dear Katrina D,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, and write this review! I am so happy that you were here during one of our Etcetera Art events. We do one every month now, so you must come back! We also do live Jazz once a month, acoustic music, and wine tasting, so you do not have an excuse to come visit us again! Seriously, I am so happy that you got to experience our friendly service, and the unique environment we provide. Thanks again, and please hurry back!

Bloomfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

This is the best of Atlanta. In proximity with everything we need to be near. The rooms were art deco and the hotel itself was splendid. I cannot wait for my next visit.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room away from the courtyard. They have events and sometimes it can get very busy ou...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Chachev
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Dear Chachev,

Thanks so much for posting this review of the Artmore. I am so glad that you had a good experience with us. It sounds like you really discovered many of the things that make the Artmore a unique place to stay. Thanks so much for staying, and please hurry back!

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

Found the hotel through American Express and used points to get the room. It looks nice on the outside, plenty of people checking in. The guy at the front desk was kinda frumpy and had one eye looking off to the left, but he was decent enough checking me in.

I booked a "suite" which was very different than what I was expecting. It was 2-stories.. and according to the maintenance guy, it used to be the attic and then was converted into an apartment, and then into a hotel room. It had angled/low ceilings which was a bit odd. Overall, it was a neat looking room.

My problems were.... 1) when I got to the room, the toilet wouldn't stop running. I had to call maintenance. 2) paint was chipping, wall paper was peeling off, and the room just didn't seem clean. The drain in the shower was rusted out also. 3) The internet was very spotty. There are several different hotspot connections that belong to the hotel, and I found myself jumping back and forth between them to get a connection... which wasn't all that fast. The max bars was three. I finally got it to work somewhat decent downstairs. It wouldn't work upstairs in the bedroom. 4) NOISE... I was on the top floor and still heard cars honking, people yelling, screaming, and engines revving. 5) The bed sucks.. very uncomfortable.

Overall, its not a bad hotel. It's a former Best Western.. so take that for what its worth. I booked a hotel in midtown to walk to the bars.. but to be honest, I didn't feel safe walking several blocks to the bar at night... and I'm a guy. I wouldn't stay here again only because I feel I could get a nicer hotel for what I paid ($140).

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank zxcv6
Dear zxcv6,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations on this trip. I am glad that you liked the layout of our loft suite, but I sincerely apologize that we fell short on some maintenance issues. I am also sorry to hear that you didn't find the mattress to be comfortable as most of our guests do. In regards to the internet, we actually should have supplied you with a mobile hotspot if you were having trouble connecting in the upstairs bedrooms. Our existing points have been upgraded, so most of the second story suites have no issues conencting to the points, so I am very sorry your suite was a bit problematic.

Having said all of this, I would love it if you could contact me as I would love to figure out which room you were in, and most importantly, I would like to have the opportunity to make this right with you. Thanks again.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

I visited the Artmore Hotel in May 2011. I was there on a short, conference room packed business trip—so I did not require much more than a central location and a comfortable bed to sleep in—check and check.
But here’s the problem: I travelled on the train, and thus decided to send my clothing to the Hotel’s laundry for washing so that they would be clean for my return trip. This should be a basic hotel service. Yet, my pants, which had been washed and dried in the past without any issues, came back as if it had been splattered with bleach. When I complained, I was given the name and phone number of the Laundry and told to contact them myself. I spent the better part of two days calling Sanji at Classic Touch and got no response from their laundry facility. I finally escalated my complaint to the hotel’s manager and walked her through where I bought the pants (she could see the tags etc.), the delivery charge and the tailoring charge to replace the pants—and was finally promised a full refund. Unfortunately, after several days, this all finally came to a head the day I was travelling home! Not only did I not have the clothing I was planning to wear on my return trip, but after all the run around… and the general lack of interest by the staff, I had a sinking suspicion that they would never send me the full refund. And I was right!
To date, I’ve only recovered actual cost of the pants (and that was accomplished after 13 phone calls!). Even though I followed up several times with the cost of the shipping $12 and tailoring $15, and got promises of a refund from the hotel manager, I haven’t seen the remainder-- 3 months later. To most that $27 may seem like not much of a big deal, but after ruining my trip, ruining my clothes, having me do triage, having me submit a bunch of emails and receipts, and make a ton of calls… I’m still out the final $27 needed to replace something ruined by this hotel! But more importantly, I’m completely disappointed with their customer service and their failure to meet promises made.

Room Tip: The first floor and couryard are very loud. Try moving up a few floors.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank A N
Dear A N,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so sorry that our Dry Cleaner ruined your pants! I see back in May where our front desk manager was in the process of taking care of this for you, and I am not sure why it wasn't resolved to a successful resolution, as this was a pretty simple thing to fix. I will make sure that you are made whole, and that we also have an opportunity to show you that we are much better than this experience. I apologize again, and look forward to making sure you are more than satisfied.

Victoria, BC Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

Stayed in a lovely spacious 1 bedroom suite. The living/dining room and kitchen are on the first level, with the bedroom and bath on the 2nd floor. Wonderful lighting and views from both levels. Large skylights in both the bedroom and bathroom, with blinds to close them off at night. Ipod docking station and a TV in both the bedroom and living room. The complimentary wifi worked well. Walked over 3 blocks and had a choice of many restaurants for dinner. Lovely little bar in the hotel and beautiful spacious courtyard to relax in. All the staff at the front desk, bar, valet were very friendly and welcoming. We thought the downtown location was good and MARTA very handy to take to other areas. Airport was a short drive away along with a couple of gas stations close by to fill up before we returned our rental car at the airport. In the morning the front desk clerk offered to print off our boarding passes so I didn't need to use the business centre they provided.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank snoopy647
Dear snoopy647,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a great review of your time with us! I look forward to sharing this with our entire team. It really validates all of the work we do here to make sure our guests are made to feel welcome and special. I am very glad that you chose to stay with us at the Artmore. Thanks again!