“Probably would give it 1/2 star more”
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #14 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Illinois
“Probably would give it 1/2 star more”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The hotel was convenient to MARTA and a free shuttle to Atlantic Station, which was great. I found the room somewhat underwhelming but ultimately functional. The pros were that it had a mini fridge and a comfortable bed. The cons were that I found several insects in the bathroom over the course of my stay (beetles, a spider--it's an older building with a garden) and the room faced a busy street with a lot of traffic noise coming through the window. The room was also on the small size but fine for a solo traveler. I was offered an upgrade to a loft suite for a reasonable price, but decided to pass on it. The building has character, and the courtyard was nice. I was worried about noise associated with the bar but didn't perceive any in particular. The staff was friendly. If I had had a quieter room, I would have rated it higher, so I would recommend asking for a room away from the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate your feedback and will address the items you mentioned, as soon as possible. I hope that we might have the opportunity to serve you again; if so please contact me on my cell phone at 770-235-3015; so I can make sure your reservations is fantastic.
We are committed to Guest service!

Jeff McLaughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Greek first
Atlanta
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Just came home from a very informative and tasty wine tasting held at the Artmore Hotel's cozy courtyard. Nice place to unwind on a spring evening in Atlanta. The Artmore holds these events periodically, and they are always enjoyable with friendly local folks joining the guests at the hotel.

Matthew,
Thank you for your review! I really appreciate your feed back!!

Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This was exactly what I expected. The pictures are a very accurate depiction of this property. It was pure coincidence that I would be passing through Atlanta during a Groupon special that popped up on my list. I took full advantage! The courtyard was gorgeous! A great place to have a drink and unwind after a long day of touring, or to simply read a book and relax. It is almost across the street from the train station and just a quick walk from a small shopping area with some great places to eat as well as a few quick places. If you go down the street to the right and across the bridge you are also in the midst of a larger outdoor mall with plenty of shops and eating places. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We did not use the breakfast options, but we did use the mini bar which had a Keurig coffee maker! We had a superior King room...it was huge! The wifi worked with no problem and the tv and cable were perfect as well. The bathroom was spacious with a jacuzzi tub. The floor did creek when the people above us walked around, but it was not intolerable. Overall we had a great 2.5 day stay here and would recommend and return, if given the opportunity.

Room Tip: The floors creek so perhaps a room on an upper level would be a better option.
1 Thank jpratt72
Dear Jpratt,
Thank you for your review. We are committed to excellent Guest service. I hope to have the opportunity to have us stay with us in the future. Please contact me at 404-201-7542 to make your reservation.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2012

THis hotel is in a good location close to Atlantic Station and MARTA but the rooms are outdated and you can hear people walking around in the hallways because the doors are thin. I couldn't hear people in other rooms however. The decor is nice but the paint is peeling off bathroom walls. In the morning you could hear traffic around the hotel because of its location. Some of the staff were friendlier than others. I don't know if I would stay here again. I might want to try another hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Mt. Airy
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We recently returned from our "mini-moon" weekend and this was the perfect hotel. We stayed on the third floor in a loft suite and it was perfect for our romantic getaway. The courtyard is cozy and beautifully serene in the middle of the city and the breakfast buffet was yummy. The hotel staff was very kind and accommodating throughout our stay. Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are lofts with sky lights and lots of space.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Isle of Skye
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I really wanted to love this place. It looks lovely, pretty and stylish, not soulless and modern. It was just the sort of thing we were looking for.
It is said that you only get one chance at making a good first impression. The Artmore fluffed it. Maybe it was not the sort of place to offer help with bags normally but I would have thought that seeing me struggle someone might have offered. The reception staff were polite and charming but by the time I had dragged my luggage the not inconsiderable distance to our room I had rather forgotten that.
The room, a Superior Queen Suite was huge. The kitchen was fully equipped and even had a 12 place set dishwasher!! Who on earth needs a full sized dishwasher in a hotel room intended for 2?? I suppose someone must.
On first inspection the room was charming however there was only one bedside table. This is a pet hate of mine!!Very inconvenient! The tv did not work. The picture was unwatchable ( mind you that matches the programs, really, which is not the hotel's fault!) . I then discovered that the wifi did not work. When I complained I was told that they had a server problem which , to be honest I don't think I believe. It worked fine in the lobby. I don't think that the signal was good enough full stop. One of my main criteria for booking this hotel was free wifi. Oh! and on the subject of "free" . If something is listed in the facilities of a hotel it is part of the offer. I am paying for it and I expect to get it.
The airconditioner sounded like a jet engine making sleep almost impossible and just to add insult to injury the bath was grubby and had 2 hairs in it.

On the positive side the staff were delightful, room service quick and efficient and the bed was comfortable.

Jeff M, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
I do apologize for the less than satisfactory stay at the Artmore Hotel.I will address the items you mentioned with our staff and fix the internet and the television. Thank you for the feedback.
I hope to serve you again in the future.

Jeff
Atlanta
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I knew I wanted to go back. The boutique hotel is unique and quaint. Love the courtyard and the lady that makes breakfast is a wonderful cook. Very homey and wonderful location. Can't wait to go back again and again.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank AtlantaSupergirl
Jeff M, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Thank you for your review. I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Jeff