“Wonderful boutique hotel”

Ranked #14 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Columbus, OH
“Wonderful boutique hotel”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I recently spent a few days over the July 4th holiday at The Artmore in Atlanta, GA. The hotel is in a fantastic location, directly across the street from the very clean and efficient MARTA train (north/south line) with very easy access to tons of places throughout the city and suburbs. The Artmore staff was friendly and accommodating, and the room was gorgeous and comfortable.

I highly recommend staying at this lovely boutique hotel, and I know that when I'm back in town I'll be doing the same.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ahastie7
Jeff M, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you for the fantastic review of our property. Please feel free to call me the next time you are coming back to Atlanta, I will make sure that you will enjoy your visit. 404-201-7542.

Jeff McLaughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Greek first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I have just returned to England after spending twelve nights at the Artmore Hotel. It is situated one minutes' walk from the MARTA train station that takes you everywhere, and a free shuttle bus that takes you to Atlantic Station, a fabulous "Mini-town" with shopping, restaurants and entertainment.

The Hotel itself is a lovely building with a courtyard that has a fountain/firepit showpiece at it's centre. Perfect for lounging about in the day, and socializing in the evening. There is sometimes live music in the evenings which adds to the experience. Everything is well maintained. There is free access to computers to check and send e-mails etc.

My room was extremely spacious, with a bar area that had a fridge, microwave and they provided a goodie box and full bar selection, I also had a huge, very comfortable king bed, and a jacuzzi bathtub! Everything was spotlessly clean with unobtrusive daily maid service.

But what sets this Hotel miles apart from any other I have stayed in is the Staff. From Mr Jeff McLaughlin, the General Manager, who epitomises hospitality and charm, to everyone of his staff who greeted me with a smile and a friendly "hello" wherever I went. I could not have felt more welcomed or looked after.

There was Nick on Front Desk, who surely provided the most seamless of check-ins and continued to be brilliant throughout my stay, all the Bar Staff, who impressed with their utmost professionalism, the valets who always had a smile, (even in 104 degree heat - please tell them I noticed!) and Lindsay, who helped me enormously with a hug when I needed one! All the staff were absolutely amazing but I must mention two more people in particular.

Scott on Front Desk who, when faced with what could have been a serious problem (through no fault of his or mine) remained calm under enemy fire and got it sorted out without any fuss, And with a smile!

And to the star of the show, Helen, the breakfast lady/chambermaid, who greeted me with a cheerful "good morning!" and dazzling smile at some unearthly hour every morning, knew my room number from Day 2 from memory, and was a joy to be around. She is an absolute gem and a credit to the Hotel.

One more thing - when I checked out, they told me that they had been trying to find me the previous evening to give me a cupcake as a farewell gift, and on check out, presented me with a card that had been signed by most of the people I had been lucky enough to have had dealings with. Says it all, really.

Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart,

Elena Hardman x
London
England

Room Tip: Higher rooms are obviously away from the Courtyard and the music, but there wasn't a problem any...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Lulu H
Ms. Hardman,
Thank you so much for a fantastic review of our property. I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit to the USA, I hope to see you back soon.

Jeff
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 3 July 2012

In October 2011, I wrote a review about the Artmore Hotel that i titled "Nearly perfect in every way" and after my most recent stay, I still feel this hotel has many merits that make it my favorite property in Atlanta. The staff, from General Manager Jeff McLaughlin on down the personnel ladder go out of their way to make guests as comfortable as possible. The staff also go out of their way to greet as many guests by name as possible, which I think adds to the experience. The hotel has a great urban vibe that I really enjoy. There is frequent music on their courtyard (one of the big drawing points for the hotel). Yes, the music can go a little late, and, yes it can go a little late, so don't get a room facing the courtyard if you are early to slumber.

The hotel is working now to upgrade its wireless capacity, which should make everyone's electronic gizmos work much better on the property.

Our room was a basic two queen room facing the street. It had a little fridge and bar area. There are lots of "honor bar" items that are relatively fairly priced for that sort of thing. The room has a Keurig coffee maker, but coffee pods are $2 (free coffee is available in the lobby until 10 a.m. each morning).

Parking is valet only and costs $19.50, which seems less than most Midtown Hotels. The valets are super-fast and great guys. We had our car in and out at least twice a day and never had to wait more than nine or ten minutes for it to be brought around (even when they had to get a car ahead of ours).

The Art Center MARTA station is directly across the street. Guests can catch Red and Gold line trains at the station (both of which terminate on the south side inside the airport). Guests can also catch buses at the station, as well as a free shuttle to Atlantic Station shopping center (every 15 minutes) at Art Center Station.

Numerous restaurants are located within walking distance of the hotel. Overall, we opted not to walk to any of them in the 106 degree heat of the weekend (except for one ill-advised heat-stricken long walk for a midnight Waffle House run on Georgia Tech's campus). Folks without cars in town will not go hungry by a long shot. Plus, the Artmore has a great bar in the lobby.

I always enjoy staying at the Artmore. I have another stay already booked in August.

Room Tip: Room 228 is directly above the entrance/exit to the valet garage and the distance rumble of the gara...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MarComTraveler
Boston, MA
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My husband and I are relocating to Atlanta, GA and made a trip down to go apartment hunting. After much research, we decided to stay at the Artmore thanks to its great central location and affordability. The staff was very friendly and we loved our room. The highlight for me was the giant tub. It made me realize how much I need one of these at home!

The outdoor courtyard was adorable and a great spot to relax and have a drink. Our room was right across from it, however never once was bothered by noise. Perhaps living amongst college students for so long has made us immune though.

We did not go with the hotel breakfast, and instead opted to explore other restaurants. I highly recommend checking out The Highland Bakery a short walk from the hotel. Delicious!

The few downsides were the fitness center (although I always prefer a jog outside anyway) and the pricey overnight parking, although that's what you get for being in a city. At least you can grab your car from the valet as often as you like. And when you forget your cell phone in the car he might even run out and get it for you ;-).

Overall, great stay!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pspring55
Reviewed 29 June 2012

The young artsy botique hotel is actuall a makeover of a late 1920's hotel modernized and looking to attract a guest clientele who are looking for an alternate place to stay if you want to be close to downtown. Has a lot going for it for convenience but has a lot of room for improvement. Like a fine wine it needs to mature.

• Stayed June 2012
Hong Kong
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I recently spent a week in Atlanta staying at the Artmore Hotel in Midtown. This was the second time I chose this hotel due to its fantastic location (being just across the street from a MARTA station and smack in the middle of the Midtown area) and incredibly friendly staff. I was assigned a room on the second floor which was clean, spacious and quiet.

Every time I passed through the lobby or the entrance of the hotel, I was always greeted by smiling staffers who were ready to answer any questions I might have for them. One day while checking e-mail in the business center, I had a chance encounter with the General Manager Jeff McLaughlin who, despite being very busy and in the middle of dealing with a work issue, stopped to chat with me and inquire about my stay at the hotel. I was having some problems with the printer and he promised to get it fixed which he did a while later. Now, this is what hospitality is all about - making your guests feel welcome and keeping promises that you make to them.

Next time I'm Atlanta bound, the Artmore will be my hotel of choice for sure!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Ms. Rita,
Thank you for the fantastic review of the property. I hope to see you back again soon. If I can help with anything, please call me at 404-201-7542.
New York
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Spent 2 straight weeks in Atlanta on a business trip and stayed at the Artmore. Based on previous reviews, requested a room away from the courtyard. The room was comfortable, clean and stylish in a weird way... almost a 50s hip with a modern twist. The staff was friendly and professional. Especially Nick in reception. Made the check in-process straight forward and seemed to really love his job. The courtyard is lots of fun especially with the fire pit. My only complaint is that in additional to being a fun place to hang out, the smokers used it as their retreat as well. Although most of them were considerate and tried to blow the smoke up instead of at other guests. I like to maintain elite status with SPG & Marriott but when in Atlanta, I would totally stay at the Artmore again versus a cookie stamped hotel (although there is nothing wrong with them). Oh it is also located virtually across the street to the MARTA (Atlanta subway) so going downtown for Aquarium, CNN, etc... was a short ride away.

Room Tip: High room away from the courtyard is best bet... worst would be a 1st floor room with a window to th...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business