“Close to MARTA Transit line”
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #15 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Southfield, Michigan
“Close to MARTA Transit line”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Our stay was April 4-9, 2013. The Artmore courtyard and lobby are very nicely done. Also the bar is quaint and pleasant. The room view was of the courtyard and the room has large window - so let the light shine in I say! It appears to be a remodeled hotel with the rooms lacking closet space and a closet door. Also the bathroom is small. Our room had 2 double beds which were comfortable. There is a small refrigerator in the room, but it is stocked with products for sale. The breakfast is down in the basement and is great. A lot of food choices and is free! The best part about the hotel is that is located 1/2 block from the MARTA station. I would stay here again if the price is right.

Room Tip: The one elevator is slow. But hotel is only 3 stories, so take the stairs! Room 218 is close to elev...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
marsky8, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2013
Thank you renosteve for your review! I am happy you enjoyed your stay at the Artmore.

We look forward to having you back here as quickly as possible!

Travel Safe!

Mara Miller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Greek first
Hardyville, Virginia
Reviewed 13 April 2013

As an art lover, I was searching for a hotel located near the High Museum. The Artmore is ideally situated and within walking distance of numerous attractions. What impressed me most about this hotel was the service. I was warmly greeted by two staff members, who answered questions about city sites, all the while exhibiting southern charm. The breakfast was plentiful and prepared by a lovely lady who made certain that our needs were met. Should I return to Atlanta, I'll definitely stay at this centrally-located boutique hotel.

Art Lover

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank artlover454
Dear Artlover454,

Thank you for taking the time to write this excellent review. I look forward to sharing it with the team here. I also look forward to welcoming you back to the Artmore soon!

Hurry Back!

VA
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our Braves Opening Day vacation. The hotel location is great for use of the Marta. It is diagonally across the street (it took us about 1 minute to walk from the station exit to the hotel). We also had our car and it was a very easy drive to Target and other shops.The lobby is very chic and so is the patio area with a water/fire feature, heat lamps and plush lounge seats. Our room was very large with a separate bar area and a huge bathtub. The staff was very helpful and welcoming. The breakfast was fair, for me it was not worth the money, but other people seemed to get their money worth. They had a variety of hot foods but all I at was yogurt and granola. The granola was homemade and delicious. Overall, the next time we visit Atlanta, we plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 230, it was very large with a king size bed.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tulipchic
Thank you tulipchic for your great review of the Artmore. I am so glad you had a great experience with us, and we want you to come back quickly. We will save a great room for you, and a seat by the firepit.

Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My stay at the Artmore was nothing less than PERFECT!!! The service was above par everyone from the valet to the room service was helpful, kind, and accommodating. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and kept very clean. I was greeted in my room with a personal letter from the hotel and complimentary bottled water (we all know most hotel bottle water from the mini bar is like$8!!). To my surprise the hotel was having the Spring opening of their Courtyard and they had a fun happy hour cocktail set up for all guest of the hotel with yummy food, great drinks, and fun music! Overall, if your looking for a comfortable and wonderful experience in Atlanta the ARTMORE is the place to stay! Thank you to all the staff you really out did yourselves :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Nicole P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this excellent review. I look forward to sharing it with the team here. I also look forward to welcoming you back to the Artmore soon!

Thanks again!

Tennessee
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I usually stay at chain hotels but came across this jewel of midtown Atlanta. In a 1924 mansion on a side street it is quiet and restful. The pricing was so reasonable that I was so surprised when it delivered everything it promised. Beautifully decorated with comfortable communal spaces including a large outdoor courtyards with heater and a very expensive and attractive glass firepit. Very pleasant to relax. Besides the price the service is outstanding. They seem to really care about your needs and they are all ultra friendly. They go out of their way to help you. Even the valet parking staff does NOT do that "hand out for a tip" thing which makes it pleasant when you don't have any cash. Located in Midtown perfectly situtated 1/2 way between downtown and Buckhead. Great, great place to stay. Even the mini-bar items were reasonably priced which is what national chains should take notice of. These people know how to treat their guest right!
Other than this the only semi negative was the breakfast buffet only offers a turkey sausage and there are some of that still like pork. And what could be viewed as negative by some was that a box of condoms was for sale in the mini-bar area. This is a first for me. I have never seen this before. But it actually is not too crazy and maybe chain hotels will follow suit. No pool. If they put a pool in this place would be darn near perfect! Kudos to the staff and owners of this hotel.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom penthouse suite has steep stairs to the bedrooms and bathrooms, not for those challeng...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you MING-TIN for your review! I am so happy you had a great experience with us. I am also excited to share your review with the rest of the team.

We look forward to having you back here as quickly as possible!

Travel Safe!

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Wonderful hotel. Perfect location near Marta transportation station. Clean, comfortable, quiet, and friendly establishment. Nora, Night Manager, and Helen, food service, were attentive to every detail to make our stay perfect. The hotel has a beautiful and inviting courtyard to socialize and relax. Room service and Bar are reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Thathy2

Thank yo so much for taking the time to write this excellent review. I look forward to sharing it with the team here. I also look forward to welcoming you back to the Artmore soon!

Thanks again.

Tennessee
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I love the look of the hotel and the outside area and lounge were above average. The room was just ehhh. The bathroom was EXTREMELY small. Definitely not enough room to get dressed in it. No counter room at all, just a free standing sink. Had to go over to the mirror near the front door to curl or straighten my hair & there was not a cord there that reached. So I'd have to curl/straighten my hair, then go look in the mirror & go back & forth. Ugh. I do not like when hotel rooms are not convenient to things like this. I like a decent sized bathroom with counter space!! Plus the rooms are a bit worn. If I was basing this review on the room alone, I'd give it 2 stars but I really liked outdoor area, lounge, & bar area...probably won't stay here again though unless there is a huge deal on it.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple