“Fair experience” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Raleigh
“Fair experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

We chose to stay at the Artmore based on the great reviews at TripAdvisor and the reasonable price. One thing we were NOT aware of is the $20 per night valet parking; no other parking is available! When we asked the front desk about parking alternatives, we were told that we are more than welcome to park elsewhere - if we can find a place. The response wasn't helpful at all!

Regarding the room, while spacious, we didn't care for the block glass portion of the bathroom wall as it didn't really provide the privacy one might desire! Otherwise, the room was spacious and acceptable.

As for a good night sleep, at least for me, it wasn't possible with the "vinyl" mattress cover under the sheets. Every time I rolled over or moved, the "plastic" noise woke me up. The bed was VERY cheap.

I was traveling with family so we opted for a room with 2 large beds. Perhaps the rooms with a king-size bed is superior?

Bottom line, the next time we are in Atlanta, we will find another place to stay.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DSpeckleback

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
Sylva, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Found a great special for the weekend. Rooms very comfortable with generous space. The courtyard is in middle of hotel and has a beautiful centerpiece that lights up in the evening! Breakfast was a hot buffet and delicious. Staff friendly, helpful and professional. 4 complaints - 1. the person helping me answered the phone - this is a pet peeve of mine. Let the answering machine get the phone while you are with a customer, not to mention that there was another staff person present that could have answered phone or helped me, if he deemed the phone more important than the customer (I believe this was the Shift Mgr who chose the phone); 2. they use this walkie talkie system that is loud, annoying & does not work to communicate with house keeping - Low end for this level of hotel. I had called that morning to confirm the reservation and the woman who I talked with asked time of my arrival, so they knew when we would be there 3. When I called I also requested that I be next to or in near vicinity of friends that were also staying here. Confirmed again, upon check in - request not honored 4. Common areas inside are in great need of attention-stair well needed vacuuming, breakfast area chairs/tables were a mess.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sheryl R
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear Sheryl R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Artmore. I am delighted you enjoyed your room and the courtyard and I thank you for bringing the things you did not like to our attention.

You are absolutely right about staff answering the phone when there is a guest in front of them. The guest in front of us takes precedence and should always . I am sorry your request was not honored to be near your friends. We do try to accommodate all requests, however there are times when we are unable to accommodate room type locations. I am also sorry you were not able to check in at the time you let us know you would be here.
We have recently upgraded our walkie talkies and they are now in the "OFF" position at the front desk . When the front desk staff need to use the it they turn it to the "ON" position and step aside and away from the desk to call in a request. The housekeeping and maintenance staff have earpieces and the valet attendants will be getting them also.
I have spoken to our Housekeeping team regarding the frequency of vacuuming the common area carpets along with the condition you found breakfast room tables and chairs.

Should you find yourself in Atlanta again we would love the opportunity to welcome you back. Please contact me directly if you would like, at 404.201.7542 to take care of your reservation needs. I can also be reached via email at mara@artmorehotel.com.

Kind Regards,

Carrollton, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Valet yes, no bell service. Be ready to carry your own bags and there is no ramp or handicap friendly. It's an old charming hotel. It's was well renovated and with the best shower I have ever had at any hotel. Staffs are friendly beautiful court yard and nicely landscape. This is not a place you wanted to stay more than couple night. Highly recommended for one to three night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tano P
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

My wife and I took our godson to Atlanta to start in gradate school--while we were helping him get set up in his new apartment the 3 of us spent 3 days at the Artmore. The two level suite had more than ample room and privacy (warning the stairway between the two levels is steep and long for those who might have trouble with stairs). In addition to the 2 queen beds there was a sleeper couch down stairs as well as an additional sleeper couch in the upper level. The mattresses on the bed were too soft for our taste. One slight problem was that during a night of heavy rain I was awakened by water dripping from the ceiling on to the mattress by my pillow. It dried up by morning. The breakfasts were varied and pretty good.
The Artmore is very reasonably priced and lovingly appointed. The staff was gracious in a way that reminded us of our presuppositions concerning Southern hospitality. They were wonderfully accommodating and helpful. As noted by others the location of the hotel is central. It is just around the block from the Breman Museum of Jewish History

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear ormond42,

Thank you for your review of the Artmore. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience and found our staff to be accommodating and our rooms comfortable.

We are always improving our guest experience and regularly changing out the mattresses is just one of our programs. We have identified that mattress as one that we will change. We have also fixed the roof line that caused the leak from the rain.

Thanks again for the wonderful review; please come back and let us welcome you again soon.

Kind Regards,

White Plains, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

What a delightful hotel. We took a chance on trying it out because we needed a pet friendly hotel near downtown Atlanta. The Artmore is warm and fuzzy with a lot of character. The hotel staff is very friendly, especially Helen who prepares breakfast and Mora (I'm sure I'm misspelling her name), the general manager. Both of these ladies were outgoing and made sure your needs were taken care of. Helen keeps the breakfast area ready for business. Food is great, especially if you love grits, scrambled eggs and turkey sausage, biscuits and gravy...well this is the south!

The front desk service was great, parking staff, bar staff...all great! You have got to sit outside at night in the garden with the fire pit and fountain! Extremely relaxing The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The outside area of hotel is safe, located in the midtown business and art district. I will be staying again as I make frequent trips to Atlanta.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear davedejesus,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Artmore and for your kind words. We are delighted you found us. I have shared your review with the Helen and the rest of the team.

We look forward to your return and we'll save you a seat by the firepit. Safe travels.

Best regards,

New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

The Artmore is a very nice hotel, very convenient to the High Museum. Arts Center MARTA is almost directly across the street, so getting to/from airport is amazingly easy. The staff was very friendly, room very clean and stylish. As other reviewers have pointed out, the courtyard can get loud, so you may not want a room looking out on it (although the courtyard itself is very welcoming). I would stay here again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Bess W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Artmore. I am happy you enjoyed the convenience of the location of the Hotel to MARTA and the High Museum. We are so fortunate to be situated in the middle of the Atlanta Arts district.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I recently booked some rooms, for out of state business, so we had a list of ever changing technical and personal requests... I dealt with the front desks and sales - but I have to say the Manager, Mara was by my side every step of the way. She is that example of amazing customer service every company should be lucky to have. She answered all of my questions/requests/changes/emails at all hours of the day - she gave me her cell phone number... she never once got frustrated, in fact she had an amazing attitude where most would have lost their patience. It starts at the top and she sets an amazing example. She made my job/life a lot easier.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Heidi Z,

Words cannot express my thanks for your kind words. I was so happy to be of assistance and the opportunity to help out. I am so glad your clients enjoyed their stay and we look forward to welcoming them back soon. As you mentioned you have my cell number so give me a call and I will take care of everything.

Warm regards,