“Beautiful Courtyard!”
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #17 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Great place to have friends hang out and get acquainted. Beautiful courtyard and lovely hotel. Located in midtown and a GREAT LOCATION! The décor is lovely, a little bit understaffed if they have a huge party come in but overall experience was great

Room Tip: If you are using a Travelzoo voucher please print it out before going to this location.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear icatcher,

Thank you for your review of the Artmore. How nicely you put it and we agree, the hotel is lovely and the beautiful courtyard is a great place for a gathering.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We had booked our one night stay at the Artmore through Expedia which meant we qualified for an upgrade. As a result we ended up in a smart split level suite with a full kitchen and living area and a large, comfortable bedroom and bathroom upstairs. The latter was in the eaves so may have caused some issues for very tall people but for us shorties, it was great. The place is decorated with stylish art prints of bands like The Beatles and there's a beautiful outside courtyard perfect for relaxation (and a cocktail from the bar). The Valet parking was efficient and well priced and throughout, the staff were helpful and professional. We were staying en route to the airport so can't vouch for the area though we did have a wonderful lunch about a mile away at the Watershed restaurant which we'd thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SR73

Dear SR73,

Thank you for your review of the Artmore. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us if only for one night.

Next time stay awhile longer and enjoy the neighborhood which has some of Atlanta's finest museums, parks and eateries all within walking distance.

Again, many thanks for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I absolutely love this hotel. they are located in mid-town which is a great spot in atlanta. The staff has superior customer service and the rooms are great. from decor to cleanliness... this is the spot!!!!

Room Tip: i love the lofts. makes me feel right at home!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
MrSammyMiami, Public Relations Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Krystle,

Thank you so much for making the Artmore your home away from home in Atlanta. We work everyday for feedback like yours and will continue to do our best to earn your visit again again. Thank you so much for choosing the Artmore, we truly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

All my best,

Sam

Reviewed 31 October 2013

The location in the hotel is in midtown. The exterior and the lounge look really good.

However, I did have problem to have a good sleep. To start with the fact that the bed is really hard. I had the feeling I am lying directly over the irong springs. Then the light coming from the fire alarm was so bright, that I could see the area around the bed without light at 3 am. And on top of this our room was facing one of the side streets, where the traffic started something as 5 am.

Then something which really put me off is that the hotel charge 2 $ for the coffee capsule in the room.

2  Thank Aleste_15
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My stay at the hotel was wonderful, I was only there for one night but wish I would have had more time there.

The night manager went above and beyond his duties by helping me change a flat tire that I had gotten shortly prior to returning back to the hotel that night. I was getting back in rather late and he was more than willing to help me with my problem. I was so thankful and appreciative to have that help available to me.

The rest of the hotel was great, I really loved the esthetic of the place.

Room Tip: I didn't use the swimming pool or spa.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear MissMikala,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Atmore. I am glad you had a great experience with us.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

My partner surprised me with two nights at the Artmore Hotel for ATL Pride weekend. I loved everything about the hotel -- most especially the fact that it seemed more unique than most chain hotels, which may have the same roominess and convenience but lack the charm that marked the Artmore. Our room, while it did not have a great view, was incredibly roomy despite the fact that it was fairly small in terms of square footage (though I didn't measure!). The bar area with a fridge and microwave was nice and we LOVED the mini-Keurig in the room, though I advise either bringing or buying your own K-cups, as the limited number and variety in the room were $2 a pop. The complimentary coffee in the bar in the mornings was quite good, but sometimes you want that cup before you leave the room. The bathroom was incredibly spacious with a large tub. Mattress quite comfortable, crisp white linens. In-room wifi was problem-free.

The exterior of the building is just beautiful but the courtyard, which others have mentioned, is the crowning glory. It was a green, quiet (especially in the morning) refuge that seemed more like a tucked-away spot in a European city or perhaps New Orleans than Atlanta. We had both a cocktail in the courtyard one evening and coffee one morning. Both experiences were pleasing.

Some reviewers have complained about the service. We were treated well by everyone, most especially the valet parkers. One young man at the front desk was sweet but talked way too fast. When we checked in, it was like he was a recording that ran through all we need to know. I spent four years as a tour guide and know how it is to deliver the same information over and over. It CAN get tedious, but you have to at least act like you are saying it for the first time; speaking slowly, rather than like a machine gun, will engender more goodwill and satisfaction on your listener.

My partner paid for the room and wouldn't tell me how much it was so I can't comment on value, but I was delighted by our stay.

3  Thank teenyb

Dear teenyb,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! I am very happy that you had a great experience with us. We too feel that the Artmore provides a much needed respite from the big box chain hotels. I especially thank you for your feedback with regards to your check in experience and have shared it with the front desk team; excellent point!

Again, many thanks for your review and your kind words.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

On a recent business trip my co-workers and I were looking for a good deal centrally located in town. We were right off the train from the airport, and able to walk to great restaurants. The staff is very professional and I must recommend eating at the bar or drinks. Jody and Jasmine took care of us both nights and remembered our names. We also loved the two level lofts with kitchens. We will be back!!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank SeanDiggyRush

Dear SeanDiggyRush,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Artmore.