“Stylish, with everything you could ask for”
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #15 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Stylish, with everything you could ask for”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

As an Atlanta citizen, I know many hotels in this city, and this has to be one of my favourite. From the outside, it looks like a Best Western sorta, but in a good way. It has a beautiful, half mediterranean half mexican style that really pulls you in with its vibrant colours.
Once you enter, you are welcomed by a delightful inner patio with fancy seats and a fountain in the middle. It is a nice first impression, but wait, the lobby is also really nice. Simple, a lil bit small but just perfectly decorated and really glossy. The staff was very welcoming also, giving us an in-depth analysis of the hotel and the surroundings.
Then the rooms. This is the part that everything gets a little bit tricky. They are not gigantic rooms. They are rather small. Actually, didn't care. I fell in love immediately with the flashy pink and red colours, and the super cozy bed. And for the price, the value of this hotel, location and everything, is really a bargain.
Artmore Hotel is perfect for those whose definition of Luxury is different. Some people don't want huge marble bathrooms and a giant pool with 3 stores tall slides. They want something that you remember, something you enjoyed so much that both you and your wallet felt that they lived the swanky life. Artmore Hotel is one of the best hotels in Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank HotelReviewTA
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear HotelReviewTA,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! I am very happy that you had a great experience with us. We too feel that the Artmore is a rare find, and one that can provide a much needed respite.

We look forward to welcoming you back and we hope the Artmore will continue to be to your new home away from home in Atlanta!

Mara Miller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Greek first
South Carolina
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We like to travel to Atlanta for the New Year's holiday. Have stayed in the Marriott Midtown, all suits hotels since normally we travel with at least my youngest son, he is 11. At the last minute our daughter (22) decided to come also. I had reserved a one bedroom with a sofa bed so I was pretty sure we would be able to accommodate her also. We arrived on Friday the 27th and were greeted by a young man who told us to park in the front and asked about valet parking. We had decided to use the Lindbergh Station for parking so we were going to drop the kids and check in, leave to drop the car. Well even though the young lady who was checking us in, saw all of us she checked us in a room with one king bed. We had taken all of our luggage upstairs with us when we saw the room, we called and told them this is not the room we had requested. Prior to making reservations I called the hotel several times to inquire about what room would be best since we needed at least one sofa-bed and a king size bed, also 2 TV's. After a wait they found another room for us, downstairs they had a sofa, TV, kitchenette and upstairs there was a king bed and a very small bathroom. The room had issues like the condition of the sofa bed and mold under the window downstairs. The wall paper was peeling in several areas. The bathroom besides being small had issues like the shower door which could not be easily closed. Everyone we spoke to at the hotel was nice, just not super nice, we were there for 4 days and until the last day no one called us by our name. We had issues with housekeeping like no toilet paper left on 2 occasions, no toiletries on another day. Breakfast was part of our package and it was ok nothing spectacular but adequate. I really wanted to like this hotel after reading all the reviews here but I cannot recommend this hotel at this time.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Thought this boutique hotel was both worth returning to & recommending (already have). Room & bed were great, although bath a little cramped. Location excellent. We were notified to check out an hour early due to shut down of the water for plumbing problems, but that's to be expected with an older structure. However, check your room charges when you return home--a fee was added to ours after checkout for an item from the bar that we did not consume (they did explain it & delete it when I called).

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much Jane615 for choosing the Artmore for your anniversary. We are happy that you chose us.

I am very happy to hear that you had a positive experience with us and have recommended us too! I have shared your comments with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I had higher expectations for this hotel. We were in town for a wedding and thought this hotel looked like a nice change from the chain hotels nearby. The room was like a sardine can...we could hardly move around. The bathroom was worse. A single vanity sink and the tub felt like I might fall through the floor. The drapes had holes in them and wallpaper was peeling from the walls. We were there for three nights and it was the worst sleep. The window unit just couldn't be adjusted properly which caused no air circulation in the room. Also, be advised there is a $19.50 daily valet charge...twice we went to pick up our car and there was no valet.

1 Thank kmoore929
Dear Kmoore929,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Although difficult to read we appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts regarding your experience. We use all feedback as a tool to educate our team whether it is positive or critical. As we have made improvements and continue to make improvements our first priority has been sleep. We have replaced nearly all of our mattresses so I am disappointed that your sleep was compromised. We are also in the process of refurbishing all of our guest rooms and wallpaper removal is one of the refurbishment projects.

With that being said, we really would like for you to have a great experience at Artmore. Please contact me, so we can set this right, and have you see that we are committed to a superior guest experience. I can be reached directly at 404.201.7542 or by email at mara@artmorehotel.com.

Kind Regards,

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

This is a fun and cozy hotel. The kig bed in our room (#216) was very comfortable with soft, high quality bedding. The staff is friendly and went the extra mile for us on several counts when we chose to cook a Christmas eve dinner in our room's kitchen. They met all of our requests. Breakfast is also varied with various hot dishes, grits, cereal on real ceramic plates and cups! We will definitely return.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Coolcoops
Thank you so much Coolcoops for your great review of the Artmore. I am so glad you had a wonderful experience with us. Reading your review brought the team a smile.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I reviewed the Artmore Hotel this past September. Management asked me to give them another chance, so I did.

My husband and I spent two nights at this fun boutique hotel in the Arts District. I wanted to love this hotel first time, because it is a boutique hotel, relatively inexpensive, with vintage architecture and a fun outdoor bar. We came to Atlanta this time simply to get away from the city in which we live and to get away from the kids and the Christmas rush. We went to two special exhibits at the High Museum, we had two great meals at South City and Nan and we spent an afternoon with a great bartender at Article 14.

We will come back to the Artmore. I highly recommend the loft suite rooms that are on the third floor but then the bedroom is on another floor above. It was such a nice, cozy place to hang out with my spouse. When it rains, you can hear the patter on the attic windows. I really love the energy that is in the public spaces at this hotel but I love the coziness of the rooms. The hotel is VERY clean and the staff is very friendly. The location simply cannot be beat if you are looking for great restaurants and entertainment. We parked our car on Friday evening and didn’t touch it again until we left on Sunday morning. This is a great hotel for the local concert venues, the museums, the fabulous nearby restaurants and the local club scene.

I highly recommend the Artmore. If you have any issue at all, ask to speak to management. They will want to hear from you and make it right. This is my Atlanta hotel now. Feels like home and a fun place to stay. I am very happy to have found it.

Room Tip: Ask for the two story rooms at the top of the hotel. Very fun.
Dear SeenAlot,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are delighted you enjoyed the Artmore and that it feels like home to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Maryland
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My DH and I planned a long weekend escape to Atlanta and wanted a reasonably priced hotel on the MARTA line. We decided on the Artmore and it was one of the best decisions we have made! The hotel looks from the outside like it should be in Tuscany, but the interior is very contemporary and the staff made it feel "just like home". We took the MARTA train from the airport and were pleased when the station was less than a block from the hotel. We were greeted warmly and given a beautiful room with a kitchenette on the second floor overlooking the courtyard. Free wifi, generous mini-bar, iPod docking station, and a working thermostat were icing on the cake. The hotel offered a hot breakfast for $10 per person and we felt it was well worth that amount and more; real breakfast food and plenty of it! Imagine our delight when we realized at checkout that our breakfasts were part of our room package!

While exploring the hotel -- there are wonderful pictures of classic celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe, Alfred Hitchcock, Brigitte Bardot, Elvis, and the Beatles throughout -- we met Maura, the General Manager. She gave us a quick history of the hotel as well as a tour of the fitness and business centers. She could not have been friendlier and even remembered us by name every time we ran into her during our stay.

The drinks at the lounge were generous and there was even a wonderful jazz band on Friday night!

Hospitality is a goal of the Artmore and they deliver. Every single staff member we encountered -- every single one -- had a smile and warm greeting to share. We had the feeling that everyone was genuinely happy we were there. We fell in love with the Artmore and are already planning a return visit!

Room Tip: The ice and vending machines are on the second floor.
1 Thank MegtheHealer
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Thank you so much megthehealer for your great review of the Artmore. I am so glad you had a great experience with us; I enjoyed meeting you, and both I and the team enjoyed having you and your DH stay with us.

The team and I enjoyed reading your review and we thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing report.

We only have one thing left to say... Hurry back!