“Great Midtown hotel”

Ranked #17 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great Midtown hotel”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We came in town for the Shaky Knees music festival and loved staying here. Our loft suite was clean and comfortable. The staff was courteous and helped us thoroughly with any questions we had (thanks April!!). The beautiful courtyard and close proximity to Midtown attractions make this hotel a great choice. We will definitely stay here again next time we're in Midtown Atlanta!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dusel
Sammy-Trotter, Public Relations Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Dusel:

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review about the Artmore and our staff!
Im glad to hear that your loft suite was clean and comfortable and the staff was up to your expectations.

We hope to have you back soon!

Sam.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We went for a concert at the Center Stage Theater only a block away. There is no pool, but the courtyard is such beautiful place to sit and relax after a long day of touring. The hotel is built around the courtyard, so you may have to walk a bit to get to your room and back. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and always willing to make our stay more enjoyable. April at the front desk took care to make sure I had coffee in the morning even when there were only 10 minutes left for the free coffee and made our checkout experience run smoothly. Darren, the valet with the hair, worked with us and empathized with our car trouble when we first arrived making us feel that we didn't have anything to worry about leaving the car in his capable hands. He even checked with us the next day to make sure we were able to find a mechanic and get everything taken care of. We were a little upset that Valet was the only option for parking, but after such a wonderful experience - we were grateful for the seeming disadvantage. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a two queen bed room on the second floor. There is only one elevator, so be aware. Our room h...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Amber H:

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review about the Artmore and our team!

I am happy we made a better experience out of your car issue, I hope you were able to fix it. Darren, April and the rest of our team are very thankful for your kind words.

We hope to serve you more coffee in the future and have you back soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I will begin by saying the positives- bed was comfortable, and the rooms were lovely. However, we had a room that looked out on the courtyard. The courtyard was supposed to close at midnight, but over the three nights never did. 12a-1a-2a it did not end, voices were not kept low. Cackling laughter, yelps, and loud drunk talking went on and on. The front desk did not care. I bought earplugs so I could sleep.

Room Tip: Ask to NOT have a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The Hotel looked in great shape. The central patio was simply spectacular! with a flaming fountain surrounded by comfortable couches to enjoy the night and drinks, the personnel was top notch, taking care of the vehicle parking (Valet Parking ONLY), and the front desk was attentive and efficient, April took care of our requests in a fast and courteous manner at the Front desk, and in general the Hotel crew was on top of everything, highly recommended for a great stay close to central Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Israel H:

I am so happy to hear your experience with the Artmore Hotel was a great one and that you loved our courtyard! I will make sure to mention this positive review to April and the rest of the staff!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Being a frequent user of other member's contributions and reviews of Tripadvisor services, I also had to write one - thanks to April and Carletta at the front desk for the reminder.

I had a lovely 7-day stay at this lovely, neat hotel in Midtown Atlanta. Now and then you find establishments with rave reviews but which deliver way below par. I was a bit worried about this "boutique hotel" when I compared their rates to the major establishments in close proximity.

The 4-stars are for the overall experience but certain parts of the hotel deserve special mention:

- 5 STARS to all front desk staff were very pleasant, professional, caring and genuinely always wanted to make your experience a pleasant one. From my arrival at 01:00 and departure I was always greeted with a smile and my needs addressed courteously.

- 5 STARS for room quality - my room ecstatically compared with those of some of the best 5star establishments I've stayed at at some point - very neat, beautiful modern and arty furnishings, superb lighting and the little things that make all the difference - paintings etc - whenever I came back t night I felt at home. The pricing of bar-fridge beverages and snacks was reasonable, I did not have enough time though to exploit this.

- 5STARS for the cleaning service. They were prompt, did a great job every day. I only used the bath 3times and showered all the other days - twice to three times a day, thanks to the stickiness of Atlanta!!! Everyday the bath was thoroughly cleaned and my bedroom made neat within a few minutes of me leaving the room.

- 5STARS for the bar staff - professional, friendly and caring. Even if you wee alone at the bar, you never felt lonely as they engaged you all the time. Also reasonable prices...

- 3-4STARS for the service at the kitchen - the lady running the show down there is not very friendly, she's brash and the service is very erratic. The first day I went there cutlery was missing, certain components of the breakfast were depleted with no certainty if they would be available again. When she requested room numbers it was with a school principal disciplinarian manner. The second time I went for breakfast at 06:40 midweek, there were no eggs for almost 15mins after a group arrived us, no apology was offered. And those were the only two days I went down for breakfast - I was never looking forward to going back because of that lady.

The hotel will help you organize a taxi if you need one to go wherever you want to go - only advise I would give is - DO THIS EARLY. It's a small hotel, so taxis are not queuing outside. With the heat in Atlanta even a 3/4mile walk will get you very sweaty and sticky, not a great idea if you are planning on going to some of the beautiful places on offer.

If I ever came back to ATL - I would definitely stay here again...

Ps: a shout out to Ashley as well...

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nathi M
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Nathi M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, for both the things you liked, and the things you didn't. This type of feedback will help us to improve and ultimately have the Artmore be the only hotel traveler's want to stay at when visiting midtown Atlanta.

Please know we take your comments very seriously regarding your less than satisfactory experience at breakfast. I have addressed your feedback with the Breakfast Manager and the Breakfast Attendant.

We are so glad that when you came back each night night you felt at home. We truly appreciate this compliment. It is why we are here and why we do what we do.

Again many thanks for sharing your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Artmore in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Mara Miller
Illinois
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The location is amazing. Almost right across from the Marta train and easy to find. Midtown location great, within walking distance to everything or via Marta train. The room was delightful. CLEAN, Fresh and roomy. No negatives whatsoever, however, it is not brand new, which I really don't need anyway. The staff are wonderful, respectful, helpful and readily available to help with questions and concerns. I will return next time in Atlanta.

Room Tip: They have courtyard rooms. Much nicer than the outside rooms, however, if they have lots of people...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear BeKind2045:

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a positive review about the Artmore Hotel!
I am glad your experience with us was so pleasant. Our location is perfect for both leisure and business guests, we truly hope to have you back soon with us!

Paris, France
Reviewed 6 May 2014

From the moment we arrived at the hotel the service was remarkable. We arrived on a busy Tuesday and had the pleasure of being upgraded from a standard double bed room to a two bedroom suite. The suite featured two floors of charming décor- an Audrey Hepburn picture in the master room was an especially delightful surprise! The beds were a welcome relief to sink into after several hours of wandering around the trendy Midtown and Piedmont areas nearby. After reading reviews beforehand, we were concerned that the size of the bathrooms would be difficult to work around with two women getting ready, but the full length mirror in the Master made it doable. There is an adorable courtyard, a full service bar and a menu of yummy tapas. With all this boutique hotel has to offer, we were most impressed with the superior service delivered by the front desk staff, they were extremely helpful and very friendly. We highly recommend a stay at the Artmore Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CourtneyC0390
Dear CourtneyC0390:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a wonderful review about our hotel! I am so happy you found suck a lovely relief by sinking in our beds, and that you enjoyed the courtyard and felt so welcomed by our front desk staff!

We look forward to your return!